Deleted

Subtlety DPS issues

Hello,

I have recently started raiding and I am surprised at how low my DPS is compared to the other raiders in my guild. As far as I know (very little :P) I am doing everything correctly (opener, pooling before burst) but I feel like there are still some issues with my rogue play that I cant seem to figure out either in my rotation or gear.

Armory: Robeh - Silvermoon EU (eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/Silvermoon/Robeh/advanced)
    Warcraft Logs: Persistence - Silvermoon EU (warcraftlogs.com/reports/K6Byrbq7HR94mCwQ)

If you could take a couple of minutes out of your time to check these links out it would be much appreciated :>.
    Last edited by mmoc958f1fec2d; 2016-03-10 at 04:00 PM.

Unfortunately the logs you posted aren't really that great for giving insight on what we can fix. I am noticing that you arent quite getting optimal openers, only 5 ambushes instead of 7 (with lust), 6 without unless you are a Belf or Troll. Try this for an opener and you should see some results.

Premed @12-10>SnD @2-1s>Prepot>Vanish>SR>Rupture>SD>Ambush>Ambush>Ambush>Evis>Ambush>Rupture>Ambush>Ambush>Ambu sh

Other than that there are some gaps in rupture and SnD uptime. It is very important that you maintain almost 100% uptime on both of these abilities doing so will really help your sustained damage. Combined with an improved opener and proper pooling and SD uses you should see a net increase for your dps. If you get the chance try to give us some logs for pure single target dps without you dying.

You also need to make sure that the ring is being used ASAP, Sub is extremely sensitive to packing as much as possible in to the Ring + Soul Cap window on the opener. See here for example:

You guys think it'd ever be viable to prep right after your first vanish/pre-pot just so you can fit another gcd during cap/ring?

Quote Originally Posted by Kazzai View Post
    You guys think it'd ever be viable to prep right after your first vanish/pre-pot just so you can fit another gcd during cap/ring?
    I don't recall ever feeling GCD limited even with Hero up; there's windows (iirc at least) after your initial Ambush energy dump before you Eviscerate, then again around 10 or 12s in to the fight there's another window where you can pool energy to Vanish > Evis / Ambush some more. You could Vanish sooner without pooling but I'm not sure if that would allow any more GCDs used inside ring or whether you'd just run the risk of missing out on a late Ambush coming out of Subterfuge.