Deleted

Question Dual monitor stutter

Hi, i'm hoping some of you guys can help me out. I recently bought a second monitor, the idea being that when i'm playing games like WoW i can watch youtube/twitch/netfix.
    I keep getting stutter on the video, sometimes on the game, but predominantly on the video.
    Turning down game setting seems to help.

The computer is a HP Elite 7500 Series MT that my brother-in-law won and i wound up with, aside from the graphics card and SSD which was from my old PC.
    CPU: i7 3770
    RAM: 8GB
    GPU: Asus Radeon 7850 2GB
    Storage: 128 Samsung SSD/1TB WD

I have the latest drivers
    I'm kinda assuming the GPU isn't up to the task or maby need more RAM, if i could get some of your thought it would be appreciated

10+ Year Old Account
    Windowed full-screen at the game?

Also disable hardware acceleration at the browser.

Deleted
    Yes windowed full screen
    tried the disable hardware acceleration seems to make no difference

as a side note sound is unaffected by the stutter, just the video

roll back your drivers. I've seen this issue come up a few times and I think the resolution was using older drivers.

All good suggestions, but honestly sometimes you cant figure out stuff like this. Currently with chrome i cant have two twitch streams open+WoW without getting a weird stutter in WoW. Once i close one chrome tab stutter disappears. Tried disabling hardware acceleration to no avail, chrome is fully up to date and ive tried chrome stock with no extensions. This does not happen in any other browser, so its clearly a chrome issue.

I know this isnt what you are experiencing, just trying to show that no matter what you do things like this are unavoidable and its up to the software people to fix it, best you can do is report your issues to the proper people. (i post on chrome troubleshooting forums a lot)

Edit: Not your hardware for sure, dont upgrade anything expecting it to fix your issue because it wont.

Deleted
    I probably should have said, but i did try rolling back drivers, to different versions to no avail as the newer drivers screwed up the compass in fallout 4

I'm not upset that you don't think it's hardware (as it means i don't have to spend money :P)
    Any other thoughts?? it's kinda bugging me

Only thing you can do right now is trying a different browser. I can have 10 twitch streams open on firefox while playing WoW and not get a stutter, chrome makes WoW stutter with 2 tabs open....go figure.

Its all about optimizations, if you can deal with setting up a new browser thats the best way to go. (there are addons in firefox that make it behave just like chrome, just takes a while to setup)

Just to be clear its probably the flash player being used in the browser that is at fault and not the browser itself causing the issues. Ya, adobe is a terrible company lol.
    Last edited by Fascinate; 2016-03-18 at 03:44 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fascinate View Post
    Only thing you can do right now is trying a different browser. I can have 10 twitch streams open on firefox while playing WoW and not get a stutter, chrome makes WoW stutter with 2 tabs open....go figure.

Its all about optimizations, if you can deal with setting up a new browser thats the best way to go. (there are addons in firefox that make it behave just like chrome, just takes a while to setup)

Just to be clear its probably the flash player being used in the browser that is at fault and not the browser itself causing the issues. Ya, adobe is a terrible company lol.
    I've been using Firefox and much prefer it, I've just tried chrome and guess what no stutter LOL.
    (I only tried it for a few mins, but i would have seen stutter in that time)

Hopefully it stays this way, gonna see if i can find a stable version (for me) of adobe so i can still use firefox