View Poll Results: Would you stay with them?

Voters
46. This poll is closed
  • Yes

6 13.04%
  • No

24 52.17%
  • Yes, but it would probably end up failing anyway.

3 6.52%
  • No, but we would still be friends.

13 28.26%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

If your spouse wanted to change gender would you stay with them?

So wether you're married or not would you stay with your husband/wife if they decided to become a man/woman after you had already been married?

I personally wouldn't I know it might be shallow but if my wife decided to turn herself into a man it would happen naturally where I would find her no longer attractive because I'm not into men also a lot of things would change..

That's just me but I know that some people would stay with theirs.

Just thought id see as I just saw this on the news and was wondering what others would do.

Deleted
    stupid as fck question , they shouldnt want you around and you would stay there for what reason ?

Threads about sexualities are forbidden on this forum.

But I agree with vain.

I am bi.

If they changed gender they would have to be pretty good looking in whichever they want to stay, and know I will remain on top where I belong

Deathmaster of Defilers of Arathor - Emerald Dream - US

One of the worst rhetorical questions I've ever heard.

i don't think i would marry someone in the grips of madness

If you're not married, then they are not your spouse. So in the context of this question, saying they are your husband/wife while not being married is wrong.

Now to answer the question, No. I don't like men. Even if they are not natural men, I don't want to date one and would no longer feel no attraction to them since they now resemble a male. Wouldn't even like a man who changed into a woman. Because again, not into men.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Hell the fuck no. A i like pussy. B i don't need that hassle. C what maddness
    Why join the navy when you can be a pirate

10+ Year Old Account
    i am straight so there is no romantic place for me in a transgender's life i guess.

this made me laugh tho, can't imagine my wife as a manly looking person
    war does not determine who is right, only who is left.

If some one can make me even consider to settle down, there must be something very very special about her, so I wouldnt care if she becomes a dude.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No. They wouldn't be the same person.

Deleted
    No. Sexuality matters, I won't be pressured into a gay relationship. neither by political correctness nor by beeing called superficial.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    If you're not married, then they are not your spouse. So in the context of this question, saying they are your husband/wife while not being married is wrong.

Now to answer the question, No. I don't like men. Even if they are not natural men, I don't want to date one and would no longer feel no attraction to them since they now resemble a male. Wouldn't even like a man who changed into a woman. Because again, not into men.
    But what if you perceive them a 100% as women? So convincig that you wouldn't even believe it when they told you?

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I am not sure. In general, I like to say that I am attracted to personalities, not to genders/bodies/etc. So, if I really loved someone and they wanted to, say, change gender from female to male, I would fully support them and stay with them. However, in reality I am very rarely attracted to males, and if the gender change kills the physical attraction completely, then... I suppose I could remain close friends with them, but not sure as far as romantic relationship goes. PROBABLY still would work, since I would have already developed strong affection to their personality, and the lack of physical attraction wouldn't matter at that point.

Frankly, I am always curious about everything which is as far from mainstream as possible. It is not impossible that such a change will only pick my interest in them, because they would be really unique in that. For the same reason, I think, I tend to be a bit more interested in transwomen than in usual women: something that differs from the norm usually, at the very least, picks my curiosity.
    Last edited by May90; 2016-03-20 at 09:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

I would. Kids are a factor. Removing the kids? Probably not. I don't think I'm a strong enough person to deal with all the judgment from everyone else. I'm a pretty strong person, and other people's feelings have very little impact on my life, but introducing my new husband to people would be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    But what if you perceive them a 100% as women? So convincig that you wouldn't even believe it when they told you?
    Wouldn't happen with me. So the answer is still no. Just knowing that they were born a man and are still one on a dna level would be enough to keep me away.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Nope, if I married someone, that someone would be a girl. If that someone wanted to become a dude, I'd leave, if I wanted to marry a dude, I'd marry one in the first place.

No I would most certainly not stay with them, and it would probably be years before I stopped being horrified enough to date someone else again.

Deleted
    I am gay and normally not into men - that said: If I love someone enough to be with and even marry them, things like that wouldn't matter to me. Of course I would.

Deleted
    I would have her know that I would remain heterosexual after her change and that I would most certainly not convert to bi-sexuality just for her sake.
    For me the reletionship would be become more and more platonic and I would've her aware that as a heterosexual being with heterosexual urges would seek different venues to satisfy them.

Would he let me date girls? I don't know, we could get divorced amicably, get together for holidays and stuff.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland