howto delay myth Gorefiend 2nd phase?

There are a lot of logs like this with delayed 2nd phase. in 90% logs phase starts at 1:56-2:01 but we can see that some times 2nd phase delayed for 8+seconds. We know that phase starts when remains 0 mana.

Mana graphics of delayed log:

Mana graphics of common log:

Any ideas how to intentionally delay 2nd phase?

The question is: why?

Feast of Souls is nice.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

to clear every add before transition phase, clear people from another realm etc so people can faceroll boss every second of this "nice" phase and not running in circles from adds... it's real disappointment to see 5% of boss in the end of the phase so we need to clear some people during phase etc.
    Last edited by ztn; 2016-03-28 at 04:22 PM.

Giving us both logs to compare would have been a much bigger help than two useless graphs.

I feel like this is a troll, both of those logs look identical to me. One just hits a tick of mana potentially sooner than the other but they both reach 0 at 2 minutes into the fight.

In any case, a link to the actual log would be pretty nice.

i give you log with delayed phase and you can take any log with common phase to compare... 99% kills is 1:56-2:01 transition as i say in 1st post... it's obviously that it's more comfortable for evertbody to compare with own logs...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Harekrsna View Post
    I feel like this is a troll....
    In any case, a link to the actual log would be pretty nice.
    there is 2!!! links in 1st post... you both blind or just trolling?
    Last edited by ztn; 2016-03-28 at 04:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    i give you log with delayed phase and you can take any log with common phase to compare... 99% kills is 1:56-2:01 transition as i say in 1st post... it's obviously that it's more comfortable for evertbody to compare with own logs...

- - - Updated - - -

there is 2!!! links in 1st post... you both blind or just trolling?
    I'd prefer to compare to the log you think is "normal" than any random log. That should be very fucking obvious to anyone. You give us two images, I want to compare the two. Not one of them to "any random log". Scientific process and all. If you're unwilling to provide that, then fine, fuckit I guess. I don't see why not, but hey.

As best as I can tell it delays because he casts a single surging shadows extra in the long log, at 1:58:347 minutes in. compared to another random log, his last cast is at 1:52:280 minutes in, versus 1:52:267 - so essentially, figure out how to delay a surging shadows cast by about 0:00:013 miliseconds, and you can delay it.

Quote Originally Posted by ztn View Post
    to clear every add before transition phase, clear people from another realm etc so people can faceroll boss every second of this "nice" phase and not running in circles from adds... it's real disappointment to see 5% of boss in the end of the phase so we need to clear some people during phase etc.
    At current gear lvls adds are still problems?

That's on the players, not being cheesy by dragging out p2 timings.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

If you have 5% when phase ends, just burn everything in sight alongside with boss. And do not burn CDs when phase begins but when all adds are down.

Quote Originally Posted by kaminaris View Post
    If you have 5% when phase ends, just burn everything in sight alongside with boss. And do not burn CDs when phase begins but when all adds are down.
    it's not a topic about some random noobs posting their braindead advices about nothing. it's topic about how to delay 2nd phase...

Infracted
    Last edited by Wilderness; 2016-03-29 at 02:34 PM.

Hardly, but you should think before you write.

Overlay the graph with "NPC Death" - note that when Shadowy Constructs die or get transported out, they reduce Gorefiend's mana.

Note how long it takes Shadowy Construct 23 to escape (it still has health). 2 seconds after it stops having health (but didn't die), mana drops to 0. So it must have escaped and become the final Gorebound Construct, and Gorefiend began the Feast of Souls phase.

Answer: Use a long duration slowing effect on the final Shadowy Construct as soon as it spawns, but don't kill it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    At current gear lvls adds are still problems?

That's on the players, not being cheesy by dragging out p2 timings.
    I agree, but at the same time that RNG fest can smack you and next thing you know, shit gets out of hand. That's the beauty of the fight
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
    Overlay the graph with "NPC Death" - note that when Shadowy Constructs die or get transported out, they reduce Gorefiend's mana.

Note how long it takes Shadowy Construct 23 to escape (it still has health). 2 seconds after it stops having health (but didn't die), mana drops to 0. So it must have escaped and become the final Gorebound Construct, and Gorefiend began the Feast of Souls phase.

Answer: Use a long duration slowing effect on the final Shadowy Construct as soon as it spawns, but don't kill it.
    thank you! seems reasonable. we will try it!