Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Holy shit. So like in January I bought a treadmill and a stationary bike. I didn't even assemble the bike until like June. I thought I was pretty fit and riding the bike was way simpler than a treadmill since treadmills burn more calories.

I was wrong. My thighs cry after I ride the bike.

I had another stationary bike years ago but it was soooooo much easier than this one. This one is upright.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love cycling. I usually go for a few hours and it's so much fun.

I do wish I had gotten a road bike in retrospect. Hybrid is nice and all but I really would prefer efficiency and speed.

My husband is a fan of bikes! He is working as a manager in the shop selling bikes. And shame on me...I can't ride well as I feel scared when I start losing control. I dream about Cannondale Bad Girl bicycle! Can you recommend me how to learn riding great without losing control.As my husband loses his temper sometimes with me)

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My ride today. Linking the route because I hit stop at the Bike Hut and didn't remember to hit start again until 15 miles later. I also lost my phone near the end of the loopy part in civilization. Someone found it and I watched him blip his way to his house, then downtown, dropping it off at an AT&T Store.

https://www.strava.com/routes/5954549

Crystal Springs Reservoir from Cañada Road.

Old La Honda near Skyline.

West Old La Honda on the other side of Skyline. Completely different microclimate.

San Gregorio Beach. Saw some breeching whales very close to shore.

The Bike Hut on Tunitas Creek Road. Unstaffed, has nuts, dried fruits, other natural foods, bottled water and a relatively clean porta-potty. Works on the honor system, there is an unlocked cash box sitting on the counter.

This is a good weekday ride, 84 to the coast doesn't have that many cars, but its shoulder sucks and the occasional cars/motorcycles like to go really fast. It was completely downhill and still wasn't fun. On weekends I'm just going to do an out-and-back from Kings-Tunitas-Kings instead of OLH-84-HWY1-Tunitas-Kings.
    Last edited by kidsafe; 2016-08-01 at 05:58 AM.

Deleted
    I only ride park

Deleted
    Can anyone recommend a good electric bike for <$2000? I'd like to be able to relax when I'm wearing a suit on the way to work, hence the need for an electric one.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustshroom View Post
    Can anyone recommend a good electric bike for <$2000? I'd like to be able to relax when I'm wearing a suit on the way to work, hence the need for an electric one.
    Why not just change when you get to work.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Why not just change when you get to work.
    There's a 2 year waiting list for the lockers that would fit a suit in, or that would be my plan.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustshroom View Post
    There's a 2 year waiting list for the lockers that would fit a suit in, or that would be my plan.
    I bike to work as much as I can, but I don't have to wear a suit so tgat helps.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

I am also purchasing a new bicycle

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I did a thing.

(rode up Mount Shasta since I was there for a wedding.)

I love biking. I have a mountain bike right now that I ride around from time to time. Unfortunately where I live is heavily populated and there aren't many real good trails to take it on.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Got a new toy: GoPro Hero 5 with a few different mounts. Here's a local climb/descent that I did yesterday.

Last edited by kidsafe; 2016-10-15 at 02:45 AM.