How will your guild deal with main swapping to Demon Hunter in Legion?

Like the title says, How will your guild deal with main swapping to Demon Hunter in Legion? Already seeing a lot of people flagging they'd be wanting to main swap to Demon Hunter come Legion. From a roster point of view I can already see problems (eg. melee vs range etc). Are you going to put any requirements around main swapping? If so, what will they be?

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    I dont think we have to many people swapping mains at all for legion, possibly one tank swapping to a DH and maybe a few others ranged ---> different ranged but nothing drastic. Not sure how many people will actually make them their main.

All one person swapping to Demon Hunter in my raid won't impact the structure at all.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    For my team, I have a rogue that wants to switch to tanking so he's picking up DH, we may have 1 other guy but he's already a melee so it wont be a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Reinholder View Post
    Like the title says, How will your guild deal with main swapping to Demon Hunter in Legion? Already seeing a lot of people flagging they'd be wanting to main swap to Demon Hunter come Legion. From a roster point of view I can already see problems (eg. melee vs range etc). Are you going to put any requirements around main swapping? If so, what will they be?
    The majority of people "swapping mains" will be right back where they started after the novelty wears off. I wouldn't worry about it.

Same way we dealt with DK and Monk and every other main-swap scenario?
    At the end of the 6.2 lifespan we have a guild meeting. Everyone declares their intent. I already know we have 3 people that want to main a DH.
    Currently, one is a Ret Paladin, one is a Bear Tank switching to a DH Tank and the other is our Monk Tank switching to DPS DH. Another DPS has already stepped forward and wants to tank so problem solved.

Nothing abnormal.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Deleted
    The same as always.
    Those wanting to swap roles/classes announce it. The raid leaders discuss the new comp - and give their go/no go. After that we recruit/refill spots.

10+ Year Old Account
    We only had one person request class changing to Demon Hunter, so it really wasn't a problem. I can't imagine it will be insane for most guilds.

Deleted
    Right now, no one wants to main DH 1 Tank playing FOTM as always. If that's DH, so be it.

Deleted
    From my experience in guilds i been in, they just make everyone decide what they want to swap to coming next expansion, often in a pre patch and are given a deadline. Then the Gm/officers decide if its viable or not and ask if they could play something else instead if not. But so far i havn´t had it happen yet that someone was "forced" to pick something else, it was always pretty viable. Some people even swap later in expansion if a spec turns out to be less viable. I don´t think many in my guild are even swapping to DH, maybe a tank and 1 dps, more people are curious to play it as an alt.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a spreadsheet that people who want to switch mains to anything can put in for it and the officers will review and approve. We'll take into account # of melee or ranged, # of a certain token type, past performances, and whatever else is relevant. We have a person or two who seems to switch mains every expansion, and plays them all at a high level, but most people aren't that interested in switching around much. Plus there's still a lot not known about how Legion is going to shake out for a lot of classes/specs so there's still too much uncertainty right now but sooner or later we'll be making decisions on everyone who has said they want to switch. Everyone has Alpha access so we encourage them all to get on and see how things are going so they can decide if they want to try to switch.