Poll: How often?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This whole things seems to me like "How many victim points do you get daily ?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    "Cops need to stop executing people in the streets you say? OMG STOP TELLING ME I SHOULD FEEL GUILTY FOR BEING WHITE."

That's pretty much the level of conversation these days.
    You seriously think the SJW movements of today don't absolutely openly hate white males?

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    I had two NCOs in the military who didn't attempt to hide their dislike of white people over me. Beyond that I don't think I've ever really dealt with it.

I don't care if Joe down the road hates white people, it has no impact on my life like the 2 NCOs did.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

I see it a few times a week. Rarely directed at me but 2nd hand it is hard to miss when you are downtown. It isn't just racism it is classism too. When extremely wealthy people and poor or down and out folks run into each other frequently some sort of hateful nonsense seems to fly one way or another.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Towards me? Never.

In general? Rarely, but I have experienced them a few times in my life.

10+ Year Old Account
    I live in the south. The anti-minority racism that regressive conservatives like to pretend doesn't exist is actually pretty prominent here.
    I'm glad that's not true for where I live in the south. Or anywhere I've lived for that matter. You don't even hear an utterance of racism outside the trailer parks and project housing. Our churches, schools, law enforcement, politicians etc. are all pretty diverse. My practice is multicultural.

Broad strokes are easy to paint.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't think I've ever faced it. I faced nationalism, due to some people thinking I was a Jew (while I'm not), and Jews weren't exactly treated generously in the country I used to live... But racism - I don't remember that.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    There's an element of that. But there's also the element of the very common trend of complaining about racism while simultaneously generalizing a negative quality onto all white people. The problem is on both sides, not just on the side you disagree with.
    There's a percentage of people that can't handle that much grey-area thinking.

A lot as a small child (mostly from peers), and less as I grew older. Things changed from belligerent taunts to simple curiosity. The biggest reminder I get these days are questions about whether my hair is naturally curly (frizzy, it's fucking frizzy).

Well. And assumptions about Asians in general. That depends strongly on the subject matter of a conversation, though.
    "Bananas, like people, sometimes look different when they are naked." Grace Helbig

10+ Year Old Account
    Against me personally, as a white guy in northern Europe, almost never.

Most racism I've experienced personally have been more of the second hand closeted nature, directed at Sami people from relatives over 80 years old over the dinner table, at christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by Chirri View Post
    A lot as a small child (mostly from peers), and less as I grew older. Things changed from belligerent taunts to simple curiosity. The biggest reminder I get these days are questions about whether my hair is naturally curly (frizzy, it's fucking frizzy).

Well. And assumptions about Asians in general. That depends strongly on the subject matter of a conversation, though.
    What kind of assumptions?

Quote Originally Posted by De thuong View Post
    What kind of assumptions?
    Nothing all that serious to be honest. If you're an Asian growing up in the US you might have to put up with some stupid jokes on the playground or whatever, but honestly nothing all that different from non-racist insults that young kids are always tossing back and forth, and nothing that's going to hold you back in life or anything like that. As an adult, the degree of racism you might encounter is virtually zero.

How often do you face racism in your life?
    Every time I read an Endus post here on MMO-Champion.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Like I said, I support police body cams which would help prevent excessive force or convict police officers for excessive force used regardless of the person it's used against.

Making it a race issue does basically the same thing. It's not a race issue, it needs to stop being made one so people can have a real discussion about it and find a solution that works to better protect everyone.

And yes, there are people who blame all whites for things. Like the whole white privilege thing.
    Believing that the concept of white privilege is blame in the first place is completely wrong in the first place.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Believing that the concept of white privilege is blame in the first place is completely wrong in the first place.
    Please don't start the whole white privilege thing please.

As a member of the white patriarchy I don't have to put up with much crap.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Etrayu View Post
    You seriously think the SJW movements of today don't absolutely openly hate white males?
    A niche of them do. A niche that has an extremely small population, but people love to frame them on facebook, twitter, instagram, etc. with crazy things they say just so they can justify their own hatred of SJW's. They pretend it's more prominent than it really is, so they can whip out "Oh I have to feel guilty about being white" whenever the issue of racism comes up as an attempt to shut the conversation down before it even begins.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Sure seems like a whole lot of blaming involved in it.

10+ Year Old Account
    My wife is Brazilian, English is not her first language so we often speak Portuguese. We live in GA, you can imagine the strange looks and comments we hear about not speaking english, gotta love the deep south. Also being a white guy raised by a black family, never really aimed at me but always been exposed to it as well as my loved ones experiencing the worst of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Please don't start the whole white privilege thing please.
    Didn't plan on it, there's nobody on these forums really capable of understanding privilege as a concept not requiring that one feel guilt, who isn't already fully aware of what it entails.