Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool Old Films you Love!

What are some old films you love?

Nothing that old, but like the Smokey and the Bandit and Cannonball Run movies. That's about as old as I go.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Define old. To some people, the 80's are old movies. To other people, anything pre-color era is old.

Thinking about the oldest stuff I like, I love Abbott and Costello movies, with Hold That Ghost, Who Done It?, Hit the Ice, and Meet Frankenstein being a few personal faves. I also like the old Universal horror movies, Dracula, Creature From the Black Lagoon(the underwater cinematography was really ahead of it's time, and holds up to camera work done today), The Wolfman, plus a lot of the old giant monster movies, Gojira/Godzilla, Them!, Beast From 20000 Fathoms...

Coming out in 1931, I guess Dracula would be the oldest movie I can recall enjoying. Nosferatu(1922) is interesting, but I don't go for silent movies, so it's more historical interest for me than something I'm really apt to watch again out of enjoyment.

I love the old adventure movies... Sinbad, Beastmaster, etc.

Like others have said, I generally "dont go for silent movies" but....

Thief of Baghdad(1924)...

I've always wanted to go back and watch Charlie Chaplin movies out of historical interest, but I've yet to actually sit down and watch much of any. (aside from the more recent biopic that got me interested)

I can watch Godfather a thousand times and not get bored of it.

Deleted
    two come to mind.

Dirty Harry is one of my all time favourite cop movies. Great acting by Clint, and one of the most underrated, but well acted psychos in Scorpio, only really suppressed by Heath Ledgers "Joker".

Q The Winged serpent is the film that made me fall in love with the creature feature genre. Whilst not a great film by any means, poor acting from most of the cast, and a plot filled with lots of holes makes it one of the most enjoyable films in my collection, I must have been about 9 or 10 when I first saw it on TV and was stunned by the "special effects" of the creature.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you havent seen Clin Eastwoods western series "A Fistfull of Dollars" then watch it this weekend. They are some amazing movies, and Clint is fucking awesome in them.

Gone with the Wind
    Casablanca
    Wizard of Oz
    The Kid
    Spartacus.

Many more.

Its more recent but one of my fav movies is Mississippi Burning. Just a awesome acting from the characters all the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

"what's new pussycat?' peter O'Toole doing what he does best, being really goddamn handsome sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    If you havent seen Clin Eastwoods western series "A Fistfull of Dollars" then watch it this weekend. They are some amazing movies, and Clint is fucking awesome in them.
    The old spaghetti western movies were all pretty badass.

i don't get too excited over Classic movies much earlier than the 70's. Some of the old Hitchcock movies are pretty enjoyable.

Old godzilla movies

Cat Ballou - My father's favorite movie as a kid. He always plays it on Christmas since the family gets together. We all hated it as kids, but we all really enjoy it now as adults.

Last edited by Bathory; 2016-04-05 at 09:38 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know all too many of the "classics". The "old" movies I watch mainly go as far as the 70s and 80s but here are they are:

- Any John Wayne westerns. True Grit is one of my favorites.
    - Pretty much any movie with Gene Wilder in it. Especially Willy Wonka and Blazing Saddles
    - Escape from Alcatraz with Clint Eastwood. I also love his westerns like Fistful of Dollars.
    - Don't know if The Three Stooges count but I LOVE them
    - Police Academy
    - Naked Gun
    - Airplane
    - Bruce Lee's Enter the Dragon. Watched this many times.
    - Bruce Lee's Way of the Dragon
    - Ghostbusters
    - Indiana Jones
    - Spaceballs
    - Tron
    - Bladerunner
    - Mad Max

That's all I can think of right now. There's most likely more of them but nothing comes to mind right now.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

The original black-and-white version of "Twelve Angry Men." Easily a top 5 movie of all time.
    Also any Charlie Chaplin film.

I haven't watched many movies before the 70s, except for animated movies (Disney mostly), some Disney live action movies, and Wizard of Oz. Of course, there is a chance I have seen some and enjoyed them, but whether or not they were before the 70s, the names escape me.

Cool Hand Luke

"Would you please let me join your p-p-party?

Deleted
    Reptilicus - old Danish Godzilla movie. It is sooooo crappy but it still makes me laugh (even though it is not supposed to)

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blazing Saddles.

Prior to my birth:
    Journey to the Center of the Earth with James Mason
    20,000 Leagues Under the Sea also with James Mason
    Forbidden Planet with Leslie Nielsen
    Mysterious Island
    The Marx Brothers films

Post Birth:
    Indiana Jones series
    Star Wars
    Ghostbusters
    Clash of the Titans
    Predator
    The Running Man
    The Naked Gun series
    Spaceballs....the list goes on

Many of the ones listed above.

Many other I can't think of at the moment.

Currently I will add (ok, I ended up thinking of a lot and had to stop myself):