15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    Part of his argument is flawed anyways. He mentions raiding, and there were specs viable in the basic raids. Just like current WoW, the top guilds are using the best specs to progress. Sure, it was a little worse in classic, but it still exists today. Things like lolret still exists. Hate to break that to anyone who thinks otherwise.
    Actually he was dead on. Feral, Boomkin, Elemental, Enhance, Shadow all were pretty terrible. Shadow was the most viable but you needed to fed innervates to work. Nostralius used the LK client anyways so all these classes were fully fleshed out and functioning. It was never a true Vanilla experience.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Kolvarg View Post
    Well, to be fair:

1 - The poll was held officially, by the developer, on their website. It had much bigger visibility.

2 - The numbers you make out to be pretty small, are actually more than 50% of their playerbase nowadays, and the developers themselves say it not only was a good and profitable idea, but that they have no reason to believe the legacy servers cannibalize the main game's population.

And this is in a game that, for the most part, still supports a lot of what the legacy game was in some ways (ie the biggest issue was changes in how combat works, but you can still play with the old combat system in some worlds of the new game).
    Interesting enough he uses those numbers for his logic for WoW, then says Everquests progression servers can't be used. So you can argue the numbers to be against a Legacy server, just not for.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon138 View Post
    And to think that a legal Bliz supported server wouldn't have Significantly more than Nost's population is just as silly.
    To think an official Blizzard server won't have higher Quality Assurance than a free server and more complaints and demands is silly. Blizzard would be required to maintain the server, to police it and provide quality assurance as well as customer support, legally required, unlike Nost.

That's doesn't even account for the people who will demand class balance and features from live be implemented, i've already seen people pushing for Legacy servers saying if blizzard does it they need to add HD models and what not.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Actually he was dead on. Feral, Boomkin, Elemental, Enhance, Shadow all were pretty terrible. Shadow was the most viable but you needed to fed innervates to work. Nostralius used the LK client anyways so all these classes were fully fleshed out and functioning. It was never a true Vanilla experience.
    He is dead on. What I was stating though is this argument that it doesn't exist today.

In all seriousness everyone who doesn't want Vanilla does not belong in this forum. Youtubers and streamers are saying they would return to the game. It would attract millions of people. It would help them retain currently players.

It needs to happen and it is going to happen. Everyone who does not like vanilla can go on and play your version. Just stay out of this discussion. No one cares what you think if you don't like Vanilla, then don't play it. Simple as that.

But when legacy servers go live they will be the largest servers that Blizzard has, the day they go online.

Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    13k concurrent players probably. Nost had 800k registered accounts and 150k active players.
    To be honest I think that the figure of 150k active players has been vastly inflated by the news that Nost was shutting down.

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    To be honest I think that the figure of 150k active players has been vastly inflated by the news that Nost was shutting down.
    Since it was free then the actual number is 850k. In fact, I know a lot of people who didnt play because they love vanilla but did not want to invest their time in a private server with no guarentess (myself included). The day Vanilla goes online it will trump Legion. Wow Subscrptions will triple.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was before the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliseus View Post
    He is dead on. What I was stating though is this argument that it doesn't exist today.
    What part, that Vanilla balance is bad and if you want to play Vanilla you have about 7-8 specs that are competitively viable, even less in PvP. That's not wrong, if you played Vanilla you'd know that isn't wrong and i might even be, being generous.
    I'm glad to have multiple personalities, if i didn't i would be talking to myself, and that's just insane.

Nostralius used the LK client anyways so all these classes were fully fleshed out and functioning. It was never a true Vanilla experience.
    I thought they ran off the 1.12 patch, the September 2006 patch before TBC?

Not true, Enhance and Elemental worked back in Vanilla. I use to have a 2h Enhance shaman back then Also was scary going up against a well geared enhance / ele shaman in WSG back in vanilla, also i knew of a fair few enhance shamans that where in raiding guilds.( i raided on a hunter ) As for the other specs i didn't touch them back then.

Quote Originally Posted by dexodar View Post
    I'm pretty sure that was before the news.
    Nost was while known to have problems with bots and gold sellers, even you have to admit the 150k active players is hugely inflated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roar-Powah View Post
    Not true, Enhance and Elemental worked back in Vanilla. I use to have a 2h Enhance shaman back then Also was scary going up against a well geared enhance / ele shaman in WSG back in vanilla, also i knew of a fair few enhance shamans that where in raiding guilds.( i raided on a hunter ) As for the other specs i didn't touch them back then.
    Enhance was barely viable in TBC, let alone Vanilla.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    Nost was while known to have problems with bots and gold sellers, even you have to admit the 150k active players is hugely inflated.
    I didn't play on it so I wouldn't know, it's also the first time I've heard anyone claim that bots and gold sellers are a "huge" part of the active player number. Do you have anything to actually back that up?

- - - Updated - - -

So I take it you never did any 25 man raiding in TBC. Every half competent melee group had an enh shaman to drop totems. It was basically mandatory to have one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabever View Post
    Since it was free then the actual number is 850k. In fact, I know a lot of people who didnt play because they love vanilla but did not want to invest their time in a private server with no guarentess (myself included). The day Vanilla goes online it will trump Legion. Wow Subscrptions will triple.
    I thought 850k was the total number of registered accounts?

I don't doubt that vanilla servers will be popular but I severely doubt that they would cause WoW subs to triple.
    Last edited by Pann; 2016-04-29 at 08:35 PM.

What part, that Vanilla balance is bad and if you want to play Vanilla you have about 7-8 specs that are competitively viable, even less in PvP. That's not wrong, if you played Vanilla you'd know that isn't wrong and i might even be, being generous.
    I've always known people to make a role work. Min/maxing is a part of gaming and existed in classic just as it exists now. Some roles are just better than others, that is a fact. It was more knowing classic because some roles literally felt like NOTHING at all can be brought to the table, but the exclusion of certain roles still exists today.

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    I thought they ran off the 1.12 patch, the September 2006 patch before TBC?
    A lot of people wouldn't of liked how a lot of the classes worked back then. Pallys went holy and ret was fun at bursting down people with CDs and when you didn't have CDs up people laughed at you, Warriors only went prot/fury until they got max rank pvp gear for arms. Druids where only heal bots along with Priests with a token Shadow Priest for mana regen for the group of healers. Cannot remember much else about the classes as it was a long time ago and I'm getting old and forgetful.

Is that how it was? Vanilla zones/raids but the classes were as if they were on WotLK? I didn't think the differences were that bad based on players of Nost talking about it. I never played there so I can't say what differences existed outside of ones I've heard about.

Enhance is very viable in Vanilla PvP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triks View Post

Next update will be Nostralius developers land on soil where US has jurisdiction. Everyone is headed to Guantanamo Bay.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

- - - Updated - - -

A bad enhancement shaman. I mained enhance in TBC and know this is full of crap, especially when you get that WF totem down.