Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Lightbulb The ultimate solution to 1 year content gaps!

Every addon since wrath we had 10-13 months of nothingness and it will be the same with Legion (don't kid yourself). I have the solution and it is masterful. It doesn't cost Blizzard much and it's something the community always asked for!

!!! Rollback servers aka vanilla, bc or wrath exclusive servers !!!
    -> Legion til next addon break: vanilla servers
    -> after that bc servers
    -> then wrath servers

These will be launched when the last patch of Legion is out for 5 months and we will see the correlating content patches of the respective time in a fast pace to keep things constantly changing and evolving. This will save WoW and millions of subs in the process (even more people will join to relive the good old times). I can see it.
    Last edited by mmocf9c4bcbfba; 2016-04-06 at 11:24 PM.

Nty. I played wrath and while it was my fav time in WoW I don't wish to go back to it.

Blizzard just needs to not be lazy fucks and provide content.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Well WoD beta started on June 27th with a launch on November 13th. So we can still expect Legion by September!
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd never compare him to Hitler, Hitler was actually well educated, and by all accounts pretty intelligent.

Well aren't you on a thread making spree. You got triggered by the private server closure?

10+ Year Old Account
    This is a new and interesting idea...
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Athic View Post
    This is a new and interesting idea...
    /s
    It is because I propose to use vanilla servers in a time limited fashion to combat the evil of 1 year content gaps.

Deleted
    Or just unsub if the current game doesn't offer you anything.

Crazy I know.

Lol, just no. The framework of the game must work with Bnet, and all new things that did not exist whatsoever back then. The old game is NOT even the same file format, and calls to the old zones do not exist now. Server structures that we have today WILL NOT WORK, because everything was re-programmed in WebC in Cata with the framework for everything after it including bnet functions we have now. The loader can't even work the same today with Bnet. If not completely re-programmed, you would need another full install, because those parts do not exist now and it's not the same installed game at all! For even 500,000 players it would not be worth making a new version (with fixes and compatibility workarounds) then having all that download bandwidth cost for all the other players that would play it ONCE then NEVER agian, get real. Then out of the 200,000 ish active private server players (not paying anything), how many will buy it? Best worse case would be a newly re-programmed version of Vanilla that you must buy the install discs after they fix it for bnet, after like 4+ years of working all that and all the errors out.

Do this if you really want to know.

Next Blizzcon if there is an Engineering panel again, JUST ASK THEM!! I'm sure that any one of them can give you a better picture of what they would be dealing with as far as a vanilla server goes, and why they have said NO over and over again.

Ask this.. "What would be the largest technical hurdles involved in bringing Vanilla servers back today?"
    Last edited by thatmikeguy; 2016-04-07 at 12:05 AM.

I came in here expecting to read something new but nope, old xpac servers again v_v

So... Your solution to long gaps with no new content is... Adding old content and calling it new?

I came here for some great suggestions, but then i saw the OP. Then, my hype fell.

Someone needs to ban this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post
    Every addon since wrath we had 10-13 months of nothingness and it will be the same with Legion (don't kid yourself). I have the solution and it is masterful. It doesn't cost Blizzard much and it's something the community always asked for!

-> after that bc servers
    -> then wrath servers

These will be launched when the last patch of Legion is out for 5 months and we will see the correlating content patches of the respective time in a fast pace to keep things constantly changing and evolving. This will save WoW and millions of subs in the process (even more people will join to relive the good old times). I can see it.
    Nah,your post is full of shit and useless. Here is a better alternative GUARENTEED to not have those one year gaps.

1. People learn to use the correct terms. It is Expansion not Addon.
    2. No more expansions, just constant FULL content patches every 4 months.
    3. People quit the game if blizzard don't front up with content instead of having a big fat cry
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jasontheking1234 View Post
    I came here for some great suggestions, but then i saw the OP. Then, my hype fell.

Someone needs to ban this guy.

Aren't YOU the GUY that uses CAPSLOCK as a RHETORICAL device?

Deleted
    Not this shite again...

15+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping for the first post to be a single sentence fragment that said: "2 year content gaps."
    Global Moderator | Forum Guidelines

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    I just don't get why they think filler content is so horrible. Just because something isn't the main story doesn't mean it can't be fun and compelling. And if they had a team tasked to create content until beta is released then they'd eliminate the long gaps.
    Same. There were people that shittalked totc and ruby sanctum but that was a long time ago when people still believed blizzard's bullshit about no more content gaps.

That was a long time ago.

Also, I really regret making that thread. I really do!

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    No, very much no...

We've already played those expansions. There's no point going backwards.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Quote Originally Posted by Koenigstiger View Post

-> after that bc servers
    -> then wrath servers

why is a year to play a game to it's fullest considered bad?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Oh feck off with ANOTHER crappy Vanilla server "suggestion" ...