Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Do you feel like you haven't achieved as much as you wanted in life?

I'm 26. I'm still quite young.

But I remember years ago when I would see a movie with young adults and look at their info on the net I'd see ages over mine by quite a few years. Well today I had a sort of a shock. I started watching the Shannara Chronicles and looked up the main cast and their ages. 25; 25; 22 - now, for you it might not seem like much, but for me it was quite unexpected. All these people were younger than me and had done quite a lot with their lives, ended starring in a serial which is quite nice and might actually be successful in the future. In the meantime I just finished a university and had a crappy job for almost 3 years. It's not nothing but... I still feel like I haven't achieved much.
    Now, as I said, I'm still 26, but I still feel like I may not moving fast enough in a direction I like and I feel like I'm somewhat stagnating and don't know why. I just feel lost somewhat.

What about you?

Deleted
    Only when I watch the olympics.

It's impossible to know before dying since life isn't over yet.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

It's a tough question.

There are things I wanted to achieve but haven't but there are also things I didn't think I would be able to do but accomplished them anyway.

You should never be satisfied though, that just leads to stagnation. Hopefully, I still have some more achievements upcoming in the future!

15+ Year Old Account
    I never planed to have achieved all my goals by 24, so no. Of course there's people who have done more, there's 18-year olds who have started businesses and become multi-millionaires, famous artists, etc. but comparing yourself to the "best" will always make you fall short. We can't all be Bill Gates or cure cancer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have I achieved as much as I wanted? Yes, and more.

Have I achieved as much as I could? Not even close.
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Naw I'm pretty successful I just want a garage before my Tesla arrives.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I have no goals. I'd have thought about becoming a politician, but my reputation is probably irreparably damaged thanks to the Internet. Oops.

Deleted
    After retiring at 30 I kind of accomplished all of my goals I admit to subscribing to boredom often though now a days...

Quote Originally Posted by Snowraven View Post
    I'm 26. I'm still quite young.

But I remember years ago when I would see a movie with young adults and look at their info on the net I'd see ages over mine by quite a few years. Well today I had a sort of a shock. I started watching the Shannara Chronicles and looked up the main cast and their ages. 25; 25; 22 - now, for you it might not seem like much, but for me it was quite unexpected. All these people were younger than me and had done quite a lot with their lives, ended starring in a serial which is quite nice and might actually be successful in the future. In the meantime I just finished a university and had a crappy job for almost 3 years. It's not nothing but... I still feel like I haven't achieved much.
    Now, as I said, I'm still 26, but I still feel like I may not moving fast enough in a direction I like and I feel like I'm somewhat stagnating and don't know why. I just feel lost somewhat.

What about you?
    26 is old. You should become an independent man, that learns from experience, you might be more successful, due to confidence, you'll be more approachable.

I would advise you to stop getting advice from MMO-Champion, because probably the 80% of the replies will be either from kids 14+, oh and grow a beard.

Thought I would have a family by now, just got summons up my courage and commit.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    I'm 22, I have a girlfriend, a car, an apartment, soon a well paying job. My parents are very well-off, financially. I get a blowjob at least once a week.

I'm good.

All I still really want are kids. A boy and a girl, preferably.
    Last edited by mmocb78b025c1c; 2016-04-08 at 10:05 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Since I am moving to Canada in 2 years I would say that is my new goal to suceed there I think life is all about getting new goals and making them a reality and always set your sights to new things rather than keep living in the past atleast thats my motto.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    I'm 22, I have a girlfriend, a car, an apartment, soon a well paying job. My parents are very well-off, financially. I get a blowjob at least once a week.

I'm good.

All I still really want are kids.
    Marry your girl-friend and feel the reduction of that stuff you enlisted. its just a prank!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fel Nerferian View Post
    Marry your girl-friend and feel the reduction of that stuff you enlisted. its just a prank!
    Yeah that's the problem. I trust her not to screw me over while she loves me. But when she hates me? Yeaaah.

Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    Yeah that's the problem. I trust her not to screw me over while she loves me. But when she hates me? Yeaaah.
    Just be sure that we'll be here for you, in your dark time *pats*

Definitely. I was struck down with a disabling illness in my 30s which pretty much fucked up my plans for life.

Protip: Never take your health for granted. Ever.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    Definitely. I was struck down with a disabling illness in my 30s which pretty much fucked up my plans for life.

Protip: Never take your health for granted. Ever.
    I'll drink to that!

Stan Lee didn't create Spider-Man until he was 40, so there's hope for the rest of us.

Deleted
    Im 25 and kinda regret that I worked a crappy job for five years, got alot of money of it though. Now Im at the university and will definitely find a job when Im done.

I don't feel less accomplished professionally than my peers but socially I feel like I haven't done much, no girlfriend, few friends and I haven't travelled much despite being able to.