Page 47 of 128 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    @RuneDK wtf is your problem?

So what about the ranged filler ability when an extra "fuck you melee" mechanic occurs where UH DKs get to maintain 70% of their DPS, double grip and faster movement speed?

I mean, I played both specs on Beta and while Frost does have its merits in some places over UH DKs, as a whole package, UH is inarguably better.

Quote Originally Posted by FurryFoxWolf View Post
    dunno how anyone can play frost the way it is, no diseases, no pets, no heals, your basically just a frost fury warrior but worse
    Frost is crushing all warrior specs in Legion, It has the same number of diseases as Unholy...1.

Deleted
    unholy doesnt have 1 disease it has festering wounds and virulent plague

Quote Originally Posted by RuneDK View Post
    Maxweii, don't waste your time on him.
    I can see that now

FW being considered a disease is a pretty lose connection, it is qualified debuff wise as one, but in terms of what they have been for DK's (a dot, and for most other cases in general), it's just a debuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    Frost is crushing all warrior specs in Legion, It has the same number of diseases as Unholy...1.
    For anyone saying Frost is too easy, it feels harder to me than Fury does. All classes got hit with the retard bat except for Ret from what I have seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrod View Post
    Ok, I give up. This is pointless.
    Many Multitudes Online Constantly Harping About Minor Problems
    FIRE GIVES ME BIGGER BLOOD SHIELDS

Why are fools posting about Unholy in a Frost thread? Spam in your own thread or please head over to the official general forums.

Frost really needs some passive speed. White Walker is a pvp talent so why is it there? Just make it reduce WW's CD or extend the duration/speed us up. Obliteration needs to last much longer in order to be better than BoS or GA. Honestly if they turn all the pegs correctly, we will be a solid spec that any raid or mythic+ group would love to bring along.

A thing that I would enjoy seeing would be giving Frost DKs high base mobility but become SLOWED (think of the Lich King in Halls of Reflection) when we have either Pillar of Frost, Remorseless Winter, etc active at the time. Arthas HAULS MAJOR ASS when he doesn't slow himself with his abilities. Thoughts?
    Last edited by NecroSleetstorm; 2016-07-27 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Fixing some errors.

7+ Year Old Account
    was there a hidden hotfix today for Avalanche and Frozen Pulse?? Did not read anything but toying around with stuff on live, my Avalanche was #2 and Pulse was way at the bottom. yesterday it was reversed. Did Avalanche get a silent buff?
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

I mained Rogue throughout WoD and it was nice to do so well but I've always loved Frost DK specifically. I was certain with the Blizz treated it in WoD they would compensate for Legion but now from everyone I have talked to and reading through forums it is still inferior to UH and far under other classes. This is particularly troubling because of the Artifact system and the time investment that comes with it. I want to play Frost but I don't want to be forced into another class when the time to raid comes. I do not like Unholy's gameplay, aesthetics, lore or anything about it so I would rather play something else if I can't play Frost.

In-game I keep finding other DK players with this exact predicament and in other forums as well. I find it highly unlikely nobody at Blizzard has read this. They have the data, they must have done internal testing so how is it they still allow this to happen? I mean they said these changes like DW only would help them balance Frost better to parity with other DPS specs so how is it it still underperforming? Has anyone from Blizz addressed this? I am just in disbelief at the thought that I won't be able to play Frost for yet another expansion.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was dead set on going Unholy/Blood for legion. I haven't played Frost since WotLK since it never felt fluid or fun. But after giving it a try today, I'm impressed.

The frost weapons i use are 25 item levels below my UH weapon and I was doing 10-15% more damage on every single fight in HFC. Now I'm torn... FeelsBadMan.

my problem is you're clueless. Saying Frost has no diseases and no heals....Frost never had a pet, but a temp guardian. Unholy has an overall better defensive toolkit, but they both have shitty self healing(aside from an artifact trait that makes DS healing for frost broken). They also both have one disease....Stop talking out of your ass please.

- - - Updated - - -

Virulent Plague is their Disease...Wounds are not a disease it's a spec mechanic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post
    For anyone saying Frost is too easy, it feels harder to me than Fury does. All classes got hit with the retard bat except for Ret from what I have seen.
    Frost is actually complicated to play now to a high level. Maybe not right this second in pre-patch with wod tier and everything but in Legion it's harder to play at a high level than it's been before. However some of the restriction is honestly gear as well. This is all in my personal opinion as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dracovian View Post
    I mained Rogue throughout WoD and it was nice to do so well but I've always loved Frost DK specifically. I was certain with the Blizz treated it in WoD they would compensate for Legion but now from everyone I have talked to and reading through forums it is still inferior to UH and far under other classes. This is particularly troubling because of the Artifact system and the time investment that comes with it. I want to play Frost but I don't want to be forced into another class when the time to raid comes. I do not like Unholy's gameplay, aesthetics, lore or anything about it so I would rather play something else if I can't play Frost.

In-game I keep finding other DK players with this exact predicament and in other forums as well. I find it highly unlikely nobody at Blizzard has read this. They have the data, they must have done internal testing so how is it they still allow this to happen? I mean they said these changes like DW only would help them balance Frost better to parity with other DPS specs so how is it it still underperforming? Has anyone from Blizz addressed this? I am just in disbelief at the thought that I won't be able to play Frost for yet another expansion.
    Right now the spec is decent on beta. However, the thing that's happening now is they fixed the bugs that was causing Frost to be a potential outlier in the first tier. They need to see how the spec is performing playing correctly before making buffs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Relidar View Post
    I was dead set on going Unholy/Blood for legion. I haven't played Frost since WotLK since it never felt fluid or fun. But after giving it a try today, I'm impressed.

The frost weapons i use are 25 item levels below my UH weapon and I was doing 10-15% more damage on every single fight in HFC. Now I'm torn... FeelsBadMan.
    You weren't playing unholy well then...

I changed up my spec and went though all my gear tonight. yesterday I was on the target dummies in garrison trying different thing and was averaging 40k reworked my gear and changed my first two tallents I no longer feel starved for runes very little down time and not even using my ring im at 60k now with just a strength rune. Pretty big improvement

I would post a link to my armory but Im to new to do links

15+ Year Old Account
    I love Frost, I always have. Frostscythe is a great addition to the spec, although I do feel that the single target rotation is a bit boring, with the removal of Plague Strike and Outbreak (from Frost), I really only have three buttons to press, or so Icy Veins tells me. No idea whether Remorseless Winter should be used single target.

My Death Knight isn't level 100 yet, so I don't know how it feels with level 100 talents. Unholy seems quite a bit more fun, even without the level 100 talents. Better design, better synergy between abilities, but I guess Frost has always been a bit more of a spammy build, especially AoE wise.

My real problem is Frost's lack of a passive movement speed increase. I understand the concept behind Frost: you slow everything around you, while you keep moving your normal pace, but how does that help me in dungeons when all other classes charge of with their many abilities. Unholy, which already has a passive 15% movement speed increase thanks to Death's Advance (why don't all specs have this?), but Unholy also gets Lingering Apparition..., which increases the movement speed gain during Wraith Walk by an additional 30% and reduces its cooldown.

How is this fair?
    Statix will suffice.

Why are people getting all worked up about Frost being this or that with HFC gear? At least wait until playing it at 110 before going crazy. After leveling up as frost I have to say I didn't find it that entertaining, although having the empowered DS as a nifty Lay on Hands was more than useful. However after playing with a fully powered artifact, it's awesome. Is rotational and mechanical complexity the same as unholy? No. But then if you don't want to keep track of diseases and wounds and what not then it's not really an issue. And whilst Frost's on demand AoE won't match up to unholy the passive bonuses are nuts. RW hits like a train on any fight with more than 4 adds and frost fever's bonus damage is very strong too.

I love frost but still undecided on what to level as. If the current system of artifact knowledge remains in place I'll likely go unholy - the time it takes to gain ranks really eats into everything. Or I'll play alts to see the order hall campaign content

Deleted
    My question would be about everyone says frost is bad bad bad, but how the artifact will affect this ?
    Every class gets an artifact but it doesn't mean every artifact is equall to each other in buffing and dmg dealing....(yes i never had beta but im still hoping for frost)

Would love for wraith walk to go 45 sec cd for frost. I know its not really a "pressing" issue but dam 100% speed nearly all the time is slow...

> Is a Furry
    > Asks people what their problem is

Don't know about his problem, but I can definitely assume what yours is

Deleted
    i know what im talking aobut when it comes to the DK class you can call it a guardian or a pet there pretty much the same thing they are there to protect you be it permanently like Unholy or temporary like frost used to have, ofc the frost pet that was summoned wasnt controllable and didnt have no abilities but its still another reason why frost sucks, unholy has always been the classic DK specc, UH is closer to the original DK's of teron gorefiend aswell all we need is som soul sucking abilities

Deleted
    That's funny to see how you're trying to impose your opinon on something which is 100% subjective ...

Quote Originally Posted by Atremedias View Post
    Why are people getting all worked up about Frost being this or that with HFC gear? At least wait until playing it at 110 before going crazy.
    People are already playing 110 in beta and there's also all the previous expansion where this was the exact argument and it always ends the same.
    "It's just Alpha." > "It's just Beta." > "It's just Pre-Patch." > "Wait until cap" > "Time to go Unholy".