Back from my business trip and can't wait to see that patch live. FP alone was a huge buff for OB+RA but now it will be even better. Buff should be around 15% or slightly more now. Much less for FSc spammers.
    A fool with a tool is still a fool.

someone good at math needs to work out at what crit/mastery levels FScythe will be able to overtake the new buffed 7.1 Oblit on ST

I imagine they would need to be decently high

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Thing is, everybody sees the 7.1 changes as a huge buff to FPulse and that is not necessarily the case-- you will see higher uptime with an Obliterate-centric priority, but each tick hits for 21% less damage.
    For OB+RA playstyle the FP buff will be huge. Checked it several times on PTR. For FSc machine gun spam it should come out as a slight DPS loss.

OB+RA was already close, but will now surpass machine gun FSc. Even with high crit. FSc could still be viable in M+ but I think I will not use it at all after the patch.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gixxpunk View Post
    For OB+RA playstyle the FP buff will be huge. Checked it several times on PTR. For FSc machine gun spam it should come out as a slight DPS loss.

OB+RA was already close, but will now surpass machine gun FSc. Even with high crit. FSc could still be viable in M+ but I think I will not use it at all after the patch.
    Can you give me a headsup of what caps / stats i should aim for if i wanne play OB RA in 7.1?

There is no such thing like fixed stat values. You should sim it, but I'm not sure if the PTR changes are in simc yet. In general, RA does work well with higher haste.

Rule of thumb: Str > Crit = Haste > Mastery > Vers. With decent Crit and Haste Mastery will become stronger over time.

Hey guys! Thats may sound like im mad but I just tried double Razorice on my weapons on PTR. Thats kind of retardness from my side, I know, but this thing is pulling on the top instead of machine gun build (2233221). Every single frost strike hits like truck for 600k+ dmg and I have 5 stacks of razorice of the target instantly when I reset them. I'm currently going 1213121 on PTR (Volatile Shielding due to my Archerus Drapes legendary) and its really awesome, U guys should try this one

I was unable to reproduce in the latest simcraft-- however it still doesn't have the PTR changes. I have overrides for most of them but am unable to override the Frozen Pulse mechanics change so I left it alone. This doesn't necessarily mean you're wrong-- we need to test on PTR.

Frost T19H default profile, 7.1 overrides: 342.2k
    Frost T19H 2230021 talents, 7.1 overrides: 346.1k (note: Obliterate priority)
    Frost T19H 2230021 talents, 7.1 overrides, double razorice: 328.5k
    Frost T19H 1210021 talents, 7.1 overrides: 325.3k
    Frost T19H 1210021 talents, 7.1 overrides, double razorice: : 317.4k
    Frost T19H 2210023 talents, 7.1 overrides, double razorice: 316.1k
    Frost T19H 1210023 talents, 7.1 overrides, double razorice: 303.1k

Overrides:
    Code:
    # Howling Blast 55% -> 82.5%
    override.spell_data=effect.41296.ap_coefficient=0.825
    # Obliterate 760% -> 912%
    override.spell_data=effect.331345.base_value=456
    # Razorice 2%/stack -> 3%/stack
    override.spell_data=effect.44095.base_value=3
    # Death Coil 85% -> 127.5%
    override.spell_data=effect.39872.ap_coefficient=1.275
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2016-10-21 at 02:47 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This double razorice looks very, very promising. Maybe not now but in the future when haste loses its scaling and mastery begins to overtake it. Really need some ptr dudes up in here

Did some testing on the PTR: Machine Gun rotation is dead. Frostscythe is dead.

2213221 is now the right choice for all aspects of PvE. It pulls ahead by a significant margin on single targets. And with the buffs to Howling Blast, it even matches Frostscythe on multiple targets. Mind you that I have the Legendary bracers that add a ton of value to Frostscythe and it still falls behind.

Also, I tested out Shattering Strikes with double Razorice and got average results. That might be a viable option for PvP. But for PvE, Icy Talons seems to still win out.
    Last edited by Clash the DK; 2016-10-22 at 08:26 AM.

Deleted
    BoS over GA and Obliteration even for single target? Am I missing something because I don't see any buffs/changes that would make GA less valuable in the latest spell changes. I'm also not sold on Icecap over Avalanche in mythic+ but I haven't actually tested it so I'm open to being completely wrong.

I'd personally be quite glad to go RA over FS since the difference in RP generation on single target feels huge in practice, it would be nice if GS saw some use as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alaitoc View Post
    BoS over GA and Obliteration even for single target? Am I missing something because I don't see any buffs/changes that would make GA less valuable in the latest spell changes. I'm also not sold on Icecap over Avalanche in mythic+ but I haven't actually tested it so I'm open to being completely wrong.

I'd personally be quite glad to go RA over FS since the difference in RP generation on single target feels huge in practice, it would be nice if GS saw some use as well though.
    My apologies. I had a mistype. Edited my post.

With more of your AoE coming from Howling Blast since you won't be taking Frostscythe, using Obliteration as a tool to trigger Rime can be very advantageous. And you just get less mileage from GA with an Obliterate/Rime rotation.

Icecap vs Avalanche depends on a few things. If you have the Legendary bracers, then you always take Icecap. If not, then you have the choice. Avalanche will provide a bit more AoE damage comparably. While Icecap should win out on single targets.

Deleted
    GA is great so far cause you can spend single runes easly to have frozen pulse active at all times. in 7.1 we only have to have 2 or fewer runes active afaik. so maybe then Obliteration will be stronger

What if someone have Nothing but the Boots relics (+% to crit damage) and legendary bracers?
    Even then 2213221 will be better than using Scythe on KM procs while Pillar is active?
    Or should we start looking for +Howling Blast damage relics?
    Last edited by zvr; 2016-10-22 at 10:26 AM.

I'm not sure why some posters are saying MG scythe. I always assumed that MG stands for Machine gun meaning you take the obliteration's talent. Is it the case or am I wrong ?

Quote Originally Posted by Nemesquish View Post
    You'll still talent Frostscythe, and play normal on trash packs, but once you hit bosses, just go back to the old Oblit style of play.

Scythe does far too much damage on trash to not take it.
    Hey neme i want to hear your opinon about trinkets, do you think a 860 memento is better than 850 countermesure or 875 counterweight?

Quote Originally Posted by meumaxu View Post
    Hey neme i want to hear your opinon about trinkets, do you think a 860 memento is better than 850 countermesure or 875 counterweight?
    I would def say its better than the Counterweight, Im not sure about the Countermeasure tho, it's really close, but i would prob use Memento

Deleted
    I know 7.1 is coming soon (and with it a few more trinkets) but i was wondering if there is a list (at least top 5) with the best trinkets for frost dk (trash-wise or boss-wise). I searched through the forums everywhere but seems the opinions are different . If anyone could share a bit of light would be apreciated. I m at 865 ilvl, 28 % crit, 20 % haste and 31 % mastery at the moment.

AMR was rating Counterweight #1 by a large margin in my simulations. Don't know if anyone has worked out the math on the proc, but the haste is nice.

Quote Originally Posted by willzmith View Post
    I know 7.1 is coming soon (and with it a few more trinkets) but i was wondering if there is a list (at least top 5) with the best trinkets for frost dk (trash-wise or boss-wise). I searched through the forums everywhere but seems the opinions are different . If anyone could share a bit of light would be apreciated. I m at 865 ilvl, 28 % crit, 20 % haste and 31 % mastery at the moment.
    the best trinkets so far are the one from jim world boss (800+ of each sec stats) and countermesure from VoW for sure... on 2nd places i would say memento from MoS and the crit one from HoV

I've read a bit about Rime and how useless it is, that we should cancel the proc unless we're completely resource starved. It got me wondering though, since the proc lasts for a fair bit, isn't it just better to hold on to it while we deplete our runes with Obliterate/FSc and then use Rime, unless of course FF is running out. Or is that maybe the norm and I've just been reading too much into the prio list?

Edit: Just for clarification, I'm new to frost so the question may be stupid.
    Last edited by vokey; 2016-10-23 at 03:11 PM.