Legendary Catch up system?

So I just got my legendary ring on my main (I took a big break) and was wondering is there a catch up system for alts?

1. Is there a catch up system if my main has the legendary ring

2. Is this catch up system account-wide, so if my horde main has the ring on server A can my alliance alt get the catch up system on server B?

thanks!

There is catch up mechanics like getting more of the quest items and higher drop rates. But most of them are in tanaan jungle the 2 quests there that they put in hellfire patch.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are two catch-up mechanisms, both are account-wide

1. The NPCs in your town in Tanaan, they allow you to weekly turn in a bunch of Apexis Crystals (I forget the amount off-hand) for a ton of Abrogator stones and/or Elemental Runestones. No NPC for Tomes of Chaos.

2. Once you have completed a stage of the ring on one character, all proceeding characters have +50% droprate on that stage. (I.E. While your main would have gotten, 2, 2 or 5 Abrogator Stones, an alt would get 2, 3, or 6 (It works oddly with the clusters, you just get the cluster of 5 + 1 extra) after you have the 690 ring.) I don't know if this applies to Tomes of Chaos or not, I haven't seen any concrete data either way, but it definitely feels like my alts got more tomes/week than my main (think I averaged 6/week on my main, my other 10 alts all seemed to have averaged 9-10/week, which is roughly 50% higher.) But, yeah, take that with a grain of salt.
    so Warlords of Draenor is /'woɹː.loɹːdz ʌv 'ɖɹæːn.oɹː/.
    I've always loved how in an attempt to make pronunciation through text easier to understand people have created a seemingly alien cypher for which few people without a degree related to language would ever been able to understand.

The ship yard also has a LOT of missions for abrogator stones etc. The only part that has no catch up mechanic is the hellfire citadel part.

You can get from no ring to 715 in 3 resets without much issue. Just utilize Mage Tower and Shipyard missions. Then 4 resets for HFC part, so no ring to 735 = 6 resets. My last char did it in 1 month and 1 day (6 resets), and didn't have any crazy luck or anything.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    The ship yard also has a LOT of missions for abrogator stones etc. The only part that has no catch up mechanic is the hellfire citadel part.
    Actually there also we have catch up just the drop rate not going to 100% but i notice a significant increase in thomes drops (gewtting not less than 9 after i done first ring)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    Actually there also we have catch up just the drop rate not going to 100% but i notice a significant increase in thomes drops (gewtting not less than 9 after i done first ring)
    Tomes are weird, I've done the ring quest 5 times now and my characters still ranged anywhere from as few as 4 and as many as 13 in a single lockout. I'd want to think that there's an increase inTtome drop rate for alts, but the wide discrepancy even on my 5th toon working on it leads me to believe it's just RNG.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Tomes are weird, I've done the ring quest 5 times now and my characters still ranged anywhere from as few as 4 and as many as 13 in a single lockout. I'd want to think that there's an increase inTtome drop rate for alts, but the wide discrepancy even on my 5th toon working on it leads me to believe it's just RNG.
    Players of this game are too used to rigged randomness and forget how real randomness works. When we have mechanics like "Personal Loot" and quest items that increase their chance after many failed attempts, players expect their chance to be higher than normally anticipated. On real randomness, which is likely what happens in the this tomes mechanic, chances like 20 or 30% that never change may sound large but they are very easy to have streaks of bad luck and be terrible for a single week.

For instance, the chance to fail getting even a single item out of 10 attempts of 30% chance is 0.7^10 which is around 3%, not impossible.