Page 1 of 8
... LastLast

Will WoD fix the "mouse resets to center of screen and fucks up camera angle" bug?

For those lucky enough not to suffer from this bug, or have always wondered why your camera sometimes spazzes out, here's the gist of it:

When you click (mouse left or right button), there is a chance that your mouse cursor will reset to the center of your screen. If this happens while you're panning your camera or turning your character, you will suddenly look up straight in the air, or start to run in the opposite direction. It only occurs in WoW, and it doesn't matter what mouse or other hardware components you're using, and it happens in Windows Vista, 7, and 8.1 (the Windows 8 mouse freeze bug is something entirely different and is fixed by one of the updates offered by Microsoft; please do not confuse the two).

This bug has been around for years and has caused countless deaths for me (falling of bridges/cliffs due to sudden involuntary movement direction changes, misplacing ground target abilities, missing mouseover targets etc. pp.).

I'm not sure if this bug has ever been acknowledged by Blizzard, but a fix is long, long overdue.

Any reports from beta?

Edit: Here are two videos showing the bug:

Last edited by Feranor; 2014-10-03 at 08:34 PM.

Omg, that's a bug? I just always assumed I sucked at moving. I'm genuinly happy to learn this! I hope they fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    Omg, that's a bug? I just always assumed I sucked at moving. I'm genuinly happy to learn this! I hope they fix it.
    Haha, that's the exact same response I've gotten from all of my guild mates I discussed this with. Everyone just started clicking frantically to test this, and noticed that their mouse cursors jump to the center of their screen randomly every so often.

I bet they'll fix it as soon as the number one guild loses their first kill to this bug... Seems many things often only get fixed when it bugs them

Uhm... I've never even once had that bug in 10 years. Probably addon issue. And if that's the case then no, Blizzard will not fix addon problems on their side.
    Your rights as a consumer begin and end at the point where you choose not to consume, and not where you yourself influence the consumed goods.

Translation: if you don't like a game don't play it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyndeleron View Post
    when npc dialogue window pops up then disappears (very annoying when getting quests)
    I thought that one was an addon issue.

Quote Originally Posted by The Kao View Post
    Uhm... I've never even once had that bug in 10 years. Probably addon issue. And if that's the case then no, Blizzard will not fix addon problems on their side.
    Happens on a fresh installation of nothing but Windows and WoW, and no addons.

Here's the thread that was created right (or around) when this annoyance began over at WoW forums

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...2720358?page=1

At first it was thought to be a issue with Windows 8.1 (that just came out at that time) but it appears it wasn't (Windows 7 doing the same thing)
    There was a specific problem with Win 8.1. When I installed Win 8.1 my cursor started jumping around every 5 clicks or so instead of the regular once every 100. That was fixed by a Microsoft patch. But the original bug remains.

lol, i was sure its my mouse xD glad to see its just a bug

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Sometimes when playing, I get this bug where the camera moves by itself to a specific angle.
    I walk forward and it looks forwards, but as soon as I stop moving the camera faces the awkward direction again. Usually to the right like the camera is locked onto something in the distance.
    /reload fixes
    Anyone experience this?

Doubt it will be fixed. I've gotten it occasionally across 2 desktops and a laptop, with XP, Vista & 7. Same thing with the stuck modifier/movement keys, which is far more irritating.

Addons cannot control the cursor in any way. They can modify the camera in limited ways, but it would be really easy to find out what addons do this if any did. It would be impossible for any addon to do this accidentally, or as an unintended side-effect of some other code unless there is a major flaw in the underlying C code (something like a buffer overflow).
    Author of TellMeWhen and many other useful and helpful addons such as SpeedyLoad.

This bug is so damn annoying, it's beyond ridiculous why this has yet to be fixed. I've had it for MANY MANY years so it's not some Windows 8.1 bug but im farily sure it wasn't always there. It always happens when you really don't want it to happen.. really annoying

People should spam tweet this to Celestion or god knows who else, really NEEDS to be fixed.

Deleted
    FML I have always thought this was my mouse!!

This has been happening to me since at least TBC. I remember I was mindlessly jumping around in SSC while waiting for the tank to pull Hydross and my mouse reset and caused me to jump off the side into the piranha infested water below. It happens at least twice, EVERY time I log to play. It happens so much I've completely adjusted to it. <_<

are you using a mouse that has a DPI step up to it? (example: when the mouse moves at a slow pace it is as 200 dpi, then when you move the mouse at a faster speed it steps up to 800 dpi, even faster it steps up to 1000 dpi)

i use this have this exact same issue with my razer naga and my G600, fixed it by disabling the step up system so there was only 1 DPI setting and then enabling mouse acceleration

edit: have a look at this topic:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...9#post26887739

I have this problem too

I remember installing this windows update (eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8626013011) awhile ago and the problem was gone until recently it started happening again.

Hope there is an actual fix for this.
    Last edited by Wiergraf; 2014-10-04 at 09:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luccas View Post
    And here I was all this time thinking it's just my mouse or computer being derpy...
    This. I always thought it was my mouse. Had a G5 for all those years.

This bug has driven me up the wall for years. I think it's been around since WotLK or something. I'm moving happily along, PvP'ing and having a good time, when suddenly my camera turns like 210 degrees around and goes into the air. It's horribly annoying. In fact, sometimes my mouse will quickly turn around my character several times, because my camera sensitivity is maxed out.

Yes, it still happens in Warlords. I'm a beta tester as well.

- - - Updated - - -

based on playing ptr few days ago... this still occurs along with the bug when npc dialogue window pops up then disappears (very annoying when getting quests)

second video shows the bug not first one btw
    They both show the bug. In the first video, the cursor moves such that the camera spasms. In the second video, you literally see the cursor move. It all depends on whether you're holding down a mouse button when the mouse reset happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Definitely not an addon issue. I've played in tournaments where addons were banned and it still happened, plus addons can't actually change the position of the cursor.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzball3 View Post
    Sometimes when playing, I get this bug where the camera moves by itself to a specific angle.
    I walk forward and it looks forwards, but as soon as I stop moving the camera faces the awkward direction again. Usually to the right like the camera is locked onto something in the distance.
    /reload fixes
    Anyone experience this?
    I used to have this happen but it's been years. I have been through basically numerous computers and peripherals since then, so I can't really recall what ever fixed it.

If it wasn't so late I would log on and spam click like op said.

Edit: Oh, and this all happened back when I ran winxp and a $2 mouse.
    Last edited by F4ulty; 2014-10-04 at 09:52 AM.

I think this is the same issue you all are facing that was brought up on MMO-Champion before?

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...uot-bug-in-WoW
    Simmons: There's no "I" in "team".
    Griff: There's no "U" in "team" either. so if "U" and "I" aren't in the team, who gives a f_ _ k about the team?
    "Gotta' trust some one to be betrayed. I never did." - Captain Price
    Bungie Has My Studio Of The Decade Vote. "Hours Played" is greater than "Money Made".