Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dendrek View Post
    To be fair, "You're an SJW!" or "You're a feminazi" are used just as much as pejoratives by the other side.
    People love saying "You're wrong." They don't love explaining why they think that.

To be fair, "You're an SJW!" or "You're a feminazi" are used just as much as pejoratives by the other side.
    Still not getting it...
    Quote Originally Posted by Helden View Post
    Liberalism is an ideology. White male is not.

Liberalism is an ideology. White male is not.
    A demographic is any group of people. Christians are a demographic. Gays are a demographic. Conservatives are a demographic.

Adding -ism to the end is cleaver, but doesn't change the point. Liberals are a demographic. They also don't have a uniform ideology, so that argument is just crap from the start, different liberals have different ideologies. "Leftists are bad" is targeting the demographic, not the ideology.

This, exactly. Both sides are literally the same thing.

"OMG, he called me a fag, that's so homophobic!"
    "OMG, he called me homophobic, that's so PC!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    But he was doing literally the same thing as them. He just replaced "Patriarchy/racism/sexism/etc" with "leftists."
    Well, yeah. Obviously.

Patriarchy is authoritarianism. Racism is authoritarianism. Sexism is authoritarianism. The regressive left and the SJWs are authoritarians. Obviously all of those things are replaceable. All of this regressive left SJW bullshit is totalitarianism and authoritarianism.

Deleted
    I enjoy this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Still not getting it...
    But i do believe they say such things as the "white male" thing because of an ideology. I do not subscribe to that ideology, but, they are both doing the exact same thing for the exact same reason. They are both whining about not liking each other, "leftest" or "white male" is basically the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    But i do believe they say such things as the "white male" thing because of an ideology. I do not subscribe to that ideology, but, they are both doing the exact same thing for the exact same reason. They are both whining about not liking each other, "leftest" or "white male" is basically the same thing.
    Yeah their ideology is to discriminate and invalidate (or attempt to) based on race/sex, or to give points if you're the right combination of those. The people saying "you're an SJW!" are saying "your ideology is wrong", so while not providing a reason, is different in that they criticize your behaviour and thoughts, not your sex and your race.

That point is irrelevant. The extreme PC crowd use "white male" as a pejorative because they're too stupid to actually rally against what actually upsets them: heteronormative culture. The fact that they use "white male" as a pejorative doesn't make them any worse than the anti-PC crowd using feminism as a pejorative.
    See above. So yes it does make them worse.
    Last edited by Kraenen; 2016-04-28 at 08:46 AM.

Still not getting it...
    That point is irrelevant. The extreme PC crowd use "white male" as a pejorative because they're too stupid to actually rally against what actually upsets them: heteronormative culture. The fact that they use "white male" as a pejorative doesn't make them any worse than the anti-PC crowd using feminism as a pejorative.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    The guy is an asshole but he's an asshole that gets it. That guy is absolutely spot on.

Yeah their ideology is to discriminate and invalidate (or attempt to) based on race/sex, or to give points if you're the right combination of those. The people saying "you're an SJW!" are saying "your ideology is wrong", so while not providing a reason, is different in that they criticize your behaviour and thoughts, not your sex and your race.
    But it's used to shout down anyone who has an opinion they don't agree with. It's being used in exactly the same way and is intended to have the exact same effect.

Deleted
    A demographic is any group of people. Christians are a demographic. Gays are a demographic. Conservatives are a demographic.

Adding -ism to the end is cleaver, but doesn't change the point. Liberals are a demographic. They also don't have a uniform ideology, so that argument is just crap from the start, different liberals have different ideologies. "Leftists are bad" is targeting the demographic, not the ideology.
    But you're saying that criticising someone based on what they are born as and criticising someone based on what they choose to believe in are the same.

They aren't.

Ok, you want to pretend not to know what actually upsets them. Sure. I'll follow your line of reasoning. "Land whale." Are you still going to pretend the anti-PC crowd only ever criticize an ideology?

7+ Year Old Account
    "Leftists are bad" is targeting the demographic, not the ideology.
    Wrong, leftists are leftists because of ideology. If they have no political ideas that are left of center on a spectrum, they are not leftists by definition.

But you're saying that criticising someone based on what they are born as and criticising someone based on what they choose to believe in are the same.

They aren't.
    But liberals don't have a unified belief. It's being used as an easy out to criticize people without actually addressing their opinions and ideas. Exactly the same way that the SJWs use white or male or whatever.

It might look different, but it's the same thing. It's an attempt to shut someone down based on their demographic without addressing their ideas.

Wrong, leftists are leftists because of ideology. If they have no political ideas that are left of center, they are not leftists by definition.
    That doesn't mean they all have the same political ideas. Lumping them in together and then writing them all off as being the same is the same damn thing SJWs are doing.
    Last edited by Wyrt; 2016-04-28 at 08:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    OMFG I'm dying. A typical girl that wants us to accept her as some slob. Family probably pays for her everything, just wants to eat and feminism on the internet. I cringed. I really hate these kind of people.

That doesn't mean they all have the same political ideas. Lumping them in together and then writing them all of as being the same is the same damn thing SJWs are doing.
    Exactly. Ex-fucking-actly.

Deleted

See above. So yes it does make them worse.
    And people who are saying that you are a "white male" are saying that your ideology is wrong too, it pretty much means that you can't understand what people of color go through and that your ideologies that support this way of thinking are wrong.

I'm not saying that either of you are right or wrong, im just saying that it is exactly the same thing. If you want to "win" this discussion you will have to actually discuss issues, calling someone "SWJ" or "white male" isn't helpful, and doesn't contribute to the discussion.

7+ Year Old Account
    But liberals don't have a unified belief. It's being used as an easy out to criticize people without actually addressing their opinions and ideas. Exactly the same way that the SJWs use white or male or whatever.

It might look different, but it's the same thing. It's an attempt to shut someone down based on their demographic without addressing their ideas.

That doesn't mean they all have the same political ideas. Lumping them in together and then writing them all off as being the same is the same damn thing SJWs are doing.
    Okay, if people are willing to never generalize about the the right wingers or Republicans, I'm willing to never generalize about the leftists.
    Last edited by PC2; 2016-04-28 at 08:57 AM.

You know, all I can think of when I watch these videos is the incredible amounts of free time these brats have.

'Back in my day", which was all of like, 7 or 8 years ago, me and people at my university were worked like dogs due to our course load and wanting to, you know, be awesome at what we were doing so we could start a career. Nobody had time for this kind of bullshit.

I see these morons, and I think "boy, their course load needs to be a lot heavier. They need a lot more work."

Deleted

Well we have to use leftist and liberal to describe them now, because if we use SJW we get called out in the exact way that you are doing.

All i'm getting from you is that we can't call people leftists and liberals because that lumps in people who aren't aligned with the people that criticism is leveled at, so my question to you is, what word should we use? Because we keep getting told we can't use SJW anymore.