Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    The most depressing thing about Rift is the (1) rose-tinted spectacles I still have and the (2) PvE game itself (bar PvP - Trion really doesn't give a crap about PvP) is not too bad. It's dragged down by many other issues internally and externally that I sincerely don't see changing - ever - due to any attempt being too little too late.
    I think that may be part of my thing as well. I really want to like it and want to do well in it again. We'll see what the reality is. I was looking at it closer last night and it appears as though yes, I will need 3 REX to get both Earrings and PW:W. If I skip PW:W I'll still need 2 REX but it seems that it will really help to have it. So that's gonna be about 7200p. That means I'll likely have to either get lucky on the AH or spend about 2-3 weeks farming to get there. I could also just buy $20 worth of credits and get the same 2 things. $20 does not seem like a huge barrier of entry to me though.

I do still wish I could get like $15-20 off the Essentials bundle as I already have both the Soul Packs it offers. I mean I have all the stuff in the Storm Legion Bundle and that costs $30, I have the Nightmare Tide Souls and that cost about $15-20 Worth if Credits I think. If they just assigned a "Bundle Value" to those things, even if it's not the full cost, like $15 for the Storm Legion Bundle and $7.50 for the NT Bundle and gave me that amount off the Essentials Bundle, I'd buy it. Even if it was just $7.50 off for each of the Soul Packs, $15 total, so $35 for the Essentials Bundle wouldn't feel like I am getting ripped off paying for some things I already have to get the rest.

I actually had my wallet out last night to just buy $20 worth of credits(then would have had to buy another $20 for my wife as well) then NA servers crashed and I decided I would wait until I was 65 and try to get to the 800 Hit mark for Experts and see how that goes first. I still have a ways to go I guess, 64-65 seems like it will be a while.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lathais View Post
    I actually had my wallet out last night to just buy $20 worth of credits(then would have had to buy another $20 for my wife as well) then NA servers crashed and I decided I would wait until I was 65 and try to get to the 800 Hit mark for Experts and see how that goes first. I still have a ways to go I guess, 64-65 seems like it will be a while.
    Level 64 to 65 is insane - 42 million XP - even with 160% XP pots, it's grindy as hell and soul-destroying. It's where I'm stuck at the moment.

Guy in guild says it's a few hours if get they run you through a specific dungeon with some sort of mentoring / high level boost technique.

Of course, then there's still the whole gear grind to go through to get raid ready. Nostalgia is quickly bumped into reality.

After a lot of consideration, logging in and out of Rift for the past week, I've decided not to purchase the 50 buck promo as I just can't see myself playing right now.

I can see why the end-game guilds struggle so to keep new blood. I'm struggling to find a reason to invest the time and if the rewards (enjoyment) are worth the time and effort. I just don't see it.

50 bucks can buy you a lot more entertainment / better value elsewhere in my opinion.
    I can buy 3~4 other mmo subs per month with that money with less restrictions.
    Last edited by theWocky; 2016-05-10 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    Level 64 to 65 is insane - 42 million XP - even with 160% XP pots, it's grindy as hell and soul-destroying. It's where I'm stuck at the moment.

Guy in guild says it's a few hours if get they run you through a specific dungeon with some sort of mentoring / high level boost technique.

Of course, then there's still the whole gear grind to go through to get raid ready. Nostalgia is quickly bumped into reality.

After a lot of consideration, logging in and out of Rift for the past week, I've decided not to purchase the 50 buck promo as I just can't see myself playing right now.

I can see why the end-game guilds struggle so to keep new blood. I'm struggling to find a reason to invest the time and if the rewards (enjoyment) are worth the time and effort. I just don't see it.

50 bucks can buy you a lot more entertainment / better value elsewhere in my opinion.
    I can buy 3~4 other mmo subs per month with that money with less restrictions.
    64 to 65 takes like 15-20 minutes tops.

Even if you do it properly it doesnt take that long, i leveled on release from 60 to 65 in like 10 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by N3okorrales View Post
    64 to 65 takes like 15-20 minutes tops.

Even if you do it properly it doesnt take that long, i leveled on release from 60 to 65 in like 10 hours.
    Wut. If you're subbed, have a full quest log of completed quests not turned in, have the 160% boost, and a few other things, maybe. But 20 minutes? Yeah, not even remotely realistic for 99.9% of players.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Wut. If you're subbed, have a full quest log of completed quests not turned in, have the 160% boost, and a few other things, maybe. But 20 minutes? Yeah, not even remotely realistic for 99.9% of players.
    Thats because 99.9% of the remaining rift players dont know how to play. Mentoring system is there, use it. with 160% vial and a friend, 60 to 65 takes like 2 hours tops.

Thats because 99.9% of the remaining rift players dont know how to play. Mentoring system is there, use it. with 160% vial and a friend, 60 to 65 takes like 2 hours tops.
    but then you don't get the achievements for clearing all the quests in each zone and end up going and doing those quests anyway. Plus, as I am doing those quests I am gathering stuff I see and making plat, which I would have to do at 65 anyway. Getting Carnages done along the way as well, which gives me Void Stones, which I'd need to farm at 65 anyway. Seems like all rushing to 65 does is leave a lot of stuff undone you have to go back and do anyway. I mean, sure, it's possible, but leveling the traditional way is working fine for me and I am enjoying it. But I guess because I am enjoying the game that means I don't know how to play.

Care to enlighten us? Are you talking some obscure "creative use of game mechanics" type stuff? Because that's pretty unreasonable to expect the majority of folks to progress primarily through the path laid out by Trion - world story quests while mixing in dungeons (possibly mentored down experts) and instant adventures.

Care to enlighten us? Are you talking some obscure "creative use of game mechanics" type stuff? Because that's pretty unreasonable to expect the majority of folks to progress primarily through the path laid out by Trion - world story quests while mixing in dungeons (possibly mentored down experts) and instant adventures.
    I've read about it. I think it has to do with running a Scenario with a max level friend.

- - - Updated - - -

another update, still questing in Tarken Glacier, probably going to take me about another week to get to 65 just questing, unless I run out of Quests and then IA the rest of the way. We'll see.

Also, continuing to make plat at a steady rate. Last night in char I saw people advertising REX as low as 2.2, so I can afford 1 at this point and even saw one guy selling them at 2.1 ea if you bought 2-3. So it appears as though, if I wanted, I could spend under 6.5k to get PW:W and Earrings unlocked. I'm still considering buying $50 of credits and then splitting them with my wife, since it's better value to buy the $50 pack rather than 2 $20 packs.

Deleted
    Nothing obscure, something that people that actually bothered to test content found out just by using their brains and since mentoring systems works so well(sarcarms here),pick your low level dungeon(shimersand one is the fastest) go with a 65 friend and youll hit 61 with 1 run that takes like 12 minutes, repeat till level 65 GG youve hitted 65 in like 2 hours your friend might want to kill you after it but its worth the risk xD

worth mentioning that some other dungeons might give you more exp for a level or 2, but they dont have that many mobs or are not so easy.

Obscure thing was the flokum scenario, perfect example how trino works.

Ok, so basically abusing imbalances that you'd only know about if you actively spent time testing them when they were on the PTS or actively searched out powerleveling strats.

Again, not something that the overwhelming majority of players would participate in, or know about.

Ok, so basically abusing imbalances that you'd only know about if you actively spent time testing them when they were on the PTS or actively searched out powerleveling strats.

Again, not something that the overwhelming majority of players would participate in, or know about.
    Yeah, I know about it, just had read it's with Chronicles not Dungeons, and it would not have been difficult for me to find someone to do it for me I am sure. Probably just advertise in chat that i am givign away a REX for it and bam, done. However, what would be the point of that? I'd still need to go do all the quests for rep and stuff, so why not get XP while doing that?

Had another go at getting myself into a raid over the weekend, still no luck. Though I did spend an hour and a half in a RoF group looking for 3 people to fill up the last slots, so thats progress, of a frustrating sort, if you want to be overly optimistic about it.

You'd have thought filling up a 10 man group at the weekend would be pretty straight forwards, turns out thats just not the case at all in Rift where you need specific roles.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see they extended the US$50 pack to the 17th. I guess they sold a few copies. I finally hit level 65 (did intrepid adventures because questing is just so damn boring)

I see why player retention is so low after finally making it to 65 - it's bland and so darn grindy.

I can sincerely say 60~65 was one of the worst leveling experiences I've had in an MMO. Then, when you hit 65, you realize the true grind has just begun.

I personally just can't justify spending US$50 on RIFT, so I opted to buy 2 x WoW tokens and buy full sets of heirloom gear. Ironically, I'm actually enjoying WoW garrisons. Also, found 37 out of 50 treasures so far. Pathfinder, here I come.

Gave up trying to get to 65. Just not worth. Still need to either pay to unlock slots or grind a fuckton of Plat. Cba with either.

Reading the last few responses I gotta ask. Is this the norm now, in terms of population being low, etc? I feel exactly like the OP. I think/thought (haven't played since 50 I think it was, might have been 60 I don't remember) Rift was the only real competition to WoW in terms of being able to actually hook me.

It's actually kinda funny because while I loved the "old" WoW (in terms of difficulty, attunements, etc) the part that turned me off with Rift was that you needed to grind for resists (the funny part since "old" WoW had resist grinding), which unless you're doing it right at the start of an expansion with the rest of the players it makes getting into any sort of raiding guild difficult, especially since tanks require the stats more than anyone I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Gave up trying to get to 65. Just not worth. Still need to either pay to unlock slots or grind a fuckton of Plat. Cba with either.
    What exactly do you mean? I don't even want to bother re-installing if some crazy stuff happened.

- - - Updated - - -

I see they extended the US$50 pack to the 17th. I guess they sold a few copies. I finally hit level 65 (did intrepid adventures because questing is just so damn boring)

I see why player retention is so low after finally making it to 65 - it's bland and so darn grindy.

I can sincerely say 60~65 was one of the worst leveling experiences I've had in an MMO. Then, when you hit 65, you realize the true grind has just begun.

I personally just can't justify spending US$50 on RIFT, so I opted to buy 2 x WoW tokens and buy full sets of heirloom gear. Ironically, I'm actually enjoying WoW garrisons. Also, found 37 out of 50 treasures so far. Pathfinder, here I come.
    "True grind" being resist gear or?

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Reading the last few responses I gotta ask. Is this the norm now, in terms of population being low, etc? I feel exactly like the OP. I think/thought (haven't played since 50 I think it was, might have been 60 I don't remember) Rift was the only real competition to WoW in terms of being able to actually hook me.

It's actually kinda funny because while I loved the "old" WoW (in terms of difficulty, attunements, etc) the part that turned me off with Rift was that you needed to grind for resists (the funny part since "old" WoW had resist grinding), which unless you're doing it right at the start of an expansion with the rest of the players it makes getting into any sort of raiding guild difficult, especially since tanks require the stats more than anyone I'd say.

- - - Updated - - -

What exactly do you mean? I don't even want to bother re-installing if some crazy stuff happened.

- - - Updated - - -

"True grind" being resist gear or?
    64-65 is stupid xp. Also earring slots and water planewalker is gated behind a stupid fucking plat grind or paywall.

64-65 is stupid xp. Also earring slots and water planewalker is gated behind a stupid fucking plat grind or paywall.
    Yea, I definitely remember earring and water being behind the sub. Perhaps I will give Rift another go when I get my 1080. Can't wait to get that card too, I'll be coming from a GTX 9800+. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Yea, I definitely remember earring and water being behind the sub. Perhaps I will give Rift another go when I get my 1080. Can't wait to get that card too, I'll be coming from a GTX 9800+. LOL
    Not sub just paywall. Patron has stupid shit gated behind it though as well.

Mucked around in the game this weekend, actually. Did some of the new IA's (they're alright, some of the boss fight mechanics are neat, could totally see the raid itself being a lot of fun) and tried to do some NT dungeons but ended up just doing old experts. Went to queue for one of the NT dungeons I had just unlocked through leveling only to be reminded that I can no longer do that. Buzzkill : (

Not sub just paywall. Patron has stupid shit gated behind it though as well.
    Ahh yea, I see what you mean. Although I'd be inclined to pay the $149 to get all the expansion, etc. I gotta get back to understanding how Rift works though, because I defintely don't remember how souls work to where there's a Cleric (class?) and then Defiler Soul (talent tree?) yea, I definitely need to re-read about Rift. ha

- - - Updated - - -

Mucked around in the game this weekend, actually. Did some of the new IA's (they're alright, some of the boss fight mechanics are neat, could totally see the raid itself being a lot of fun) and tried to do some NT dungeons but ended up just doing old experts. Went to queue for one of the NT dungeons I had just unlocked through leveling only to be reminded that I can no longer do that. Buzzkill : (
    Ellaborate? Err, yea definitely need to hit the books I guess.