Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account

Does anyone say GG these days after a BG

Don't know about you but practically no one says gg these days after winning a BG, is it a thing of the past? Or is it just me?

People don't use the chat in 5 mans, why would they in BGs? Most of them are probably bots anyways.

If it's just run-of-the-mill where you scrape by and win unassuredly, then you won't see anyone say anything.

If you win by a landslide, then you might see people acknowledging the good play with gg's and the like; Maybe even some gg-no-re's directed at the opposition.

Considering people seem to go out of their way to ignore chat, it feels like, so why bother?

Don't really see the point of saying "gg" when we get corpse camped for half an hour. Only time I say it is when we totally crush the enemy, otherwise, meh.

Bg-chat consists of the following:

1 person telling everyone how bad they are at the game and that they should quit and kill themselfs irl
    1 person screaming "call incs or we lose game ffs omg noobs retards"
    8 - 38 persons either botting or playing but simply ignoring chat because its aids

This is my experience from doing battlegrounds atleast...

10+ Year Old Account
    The bigger question is, who cares?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

no one says anything in this game anymore. thats the problem, community doesn't exist anymore

I've seen some self-congratulatory GGs when the winning team won by a landslide.

Usually only sarcastically. BGs are just an AoE shit-fest with half a team of bots.

Deleted
    These days you only say GG when it actually was a good game, not winning by a landslide and not getting crushed. A match with good competition, that kind of game is fun even if you loose.

Deleted
    I think this is more of an American thing than European. The only time I've seen "GG" being said is when I've played in multi-national servers, never once have I seen it in an EU BG or PVP setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chitika View Post
    These days you only say GG when it actually was a good game, not winning by a landslide and not getting crushed. A match with good competition, that kind of game is fun even if you loose.
    I agree here.

Nail biters usually brings randoms together and reduces flaming. In fact, any close game I've been in the trolls or flamers usually get ignored while people adapt strats. It's the most satisfying part of the game for me and always has been. Just seems I run into these kind of games less than I used to.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

In casual BGs (US) i almost never see it with an exception when few people que into same group 2-3 bgs in a row and win all of them, then they do actually say gg; however, in rated-pvp it is different, when i face my buddies on other team, win or lose, we always say 'GG' and ofc some smack down talk, but it is always in a nice/playing around way

10+ Year Old Account
    On EU realms ppl still say GG after game finished alot, here is screenshot from 70-79random bg without stopped exp from 08.05.2016 or something

60-89lvl low level random bgs without stopped exp is active on EU even now when most realms is dead because there is not much bots, most bots prefer questing and dungeons for leveling over random bgs

During weekends evenings Saturday/Sunday alot ppl say GG and even talk in 60-89lvl bgs. (without stopped exp so almost no twinks)
    Last edited by Luckx; 2016-05-09 at 11:08 AM.

That's extremely rare for me. I've just seen it on rare occasions when my team randomly manages to pull off some crazy win. You know, those games where we come back from behind and win at the very last possible second, and then the chat is all circle jerking and "LOL I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT SHIT JUST HAPPENED" for a bit.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2016-05-10 at 03:28 PM.

I say GG sometimes at the end of matches, but than again I always do really well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I usually say Vape Nation at the end of those quality wins.

"good grief"
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    gg easy

/10char