Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    and this is where your story doesn't add up, you're saying 1k mythic cache, well anyone worth their salt used TH's to make it 3-4k gold per cache, also this was nerfed to remove all gold in 6.2 when HFC released also this added the 675 rare missions that could give champions honor/medallion/elixir of the rapid mind.

so getting that "22k" for 11 chars from caches, and the 675 rare missions was never possible, since both didn't exist at the same time, one was nerfed as the other was added to the game.
    Ok so I was mistaken. I knew at one point that was the case, so as i said in my "story" I said: "I didn't go this far.." but was under the impression you could get 1k gold per mythic cache. So to be fair, at one point you COULD get 1k per mythic cache before 6.2. It was removed, fine and dandy. I still make on average 80-100k per week on up to 150k on good weeks with all the treasure hunter missions, blingatron, ship missions, and AH sellable goods from the garrison table.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Some weeks I make 150k+, but most weeks i make around 80k, especially since I don't work my garrisons as hard as I used to
    Hoooooolyyy shiiiit.

Sucks to get back to the game now and be poor :P with the prices going on now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by SoLoR1 View Post
    Also everyone expecting garrison gold nerf when legion hits... im expecting it when prepatch hits
    I thought we knew it's on the prepatch.

I still make on average 80-100k per week on up to 150k on good weeks with all the treasure hunter missions, blingatron, ship missions, and AH sellable goods from the garrison table.
    Winner of today's fictional account...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    Winner of today's fictional account...
    ?

His numbers look pretty average for an account with at least one of each class at level 100.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Ok so I was mistaken. I knew at one point that was the case, so as i said in my "story" I said: "I didn't go this far.." but was under the impression you could get 1k gold per mythic cache. So to be fair, at one point you COULD get 1k per mythic cache before 6.2. It was removed, fine and dandy. I still make on average 80-100k per week on up to 150k on good weeks with all the treasure hunter missions, blingatron, ship missions, and AH sellable goods from the garrison table.
    You're still wrong. You could get up to 4k (four thousand) gold per mythic cache with 3 treasure hunters (which were enabled at 6.1). So please master troll, stop trying to contribute in areas you clearly have no experience, idea or even done your homework about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bodom View Post
    ?

His numbers look pretty average for an account with at least one of each class at level 100.
    I doubt he makes those numbers with the ignorance that characterises him and is continuously proven in these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    I doubt he makes those numbers with the ignorance that characterises him and is continuously proven in these forums.
    So you're basically saying if someone is a known forum troll they're unable to get benefits from garrisons? Everyone can do it, doesn't require much knowledge or intelligence. You just need few things: stay subbed, log in frequently to do your stuff, find a guide if you can't figure yourself what to do (it's not hard without), and have garrisons set up as earliest as possible. Oh, and install master plan.

I never optimized my shipyard but normal followers I always try to have at least 1 treasure hunter in each type of ability counter (for example you can get 200g from a mission "chasing griftah" but to 100% you need treasure hunter with taunt or some other combo to bring it to 100%, there are other 1-follower 1-counter gold missions). And then master plan has a wonderful tab named "missions of interest". Check: do all gold missions have full treasure hunters? (Ok, except the 2 missions that require 675 followers with exact set of counters, very hard to match unless you are lucky to roll treasure hunter on garona.) If not, try to recruit for the gaps.

I used a few pointers from guides how to improve my daily yields (for example I didn't know that inscription building was fixed, the papers used to expire and unable to be mailed around, no longer the case, when I read about it I put a few of those buildings across my alts), but most of it is straight forward IF you played throughout the expansion. For example the usual question I hear around: is barn worth it? Well the answer is simple: can you be arsed farming the beasts for work orders? I hate outdoor grinding so for me the answer was no. I never had either barn or mage tower, because you need to grind for those to be useful. In that case the amount of buildings I can use shrank to the point I didn't have much dilemma.

About treasure hunters, I was sceptical at start about them and that cost me dearly, missed most of 6.1 treasure hunter palooza. Then I saw results on friends and got convinced it works. Started recruiting them. Common sense dictates that 3 is way too little to get 100% on gold missions but 25 is way too much. I think I average 8 - 11 treasure hunters per alt. It's good to have at least few scavengers, epic horses (for those 12 or 23h missions) and even greasemonkeys, maybe the special apexis bonus guy too. Harrison is good, takes nowadays 6 fixed days of dailies (no longer random) and allows you to bring a 90 follower to 100 in 2 missions (getting epic takes longer though).
    Last edited by Marrilaife; 2016-06-05 at 08:59 AM.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    So you're basically saying if someone is a known forum troll they're unable to get benefits from garrisons? Everyone can do it, doesn't require much knowledge or intelligence. You just need few things: stay subbed, log in frequently to do your stuff, find a guide if you can't figure yourself what to do (it's not hard without), and have garrisons set up as earliest as possible. Oh, and install master plan.
    No, i'm saying that particular person is lying about his gold earnings, given he claims he makes gold from sources that were removed a patch ago and not even knowing how those gold earnings were optimised when they were applicable. Those facts (along with his forum notoriety, which only adds to the facts above) make him a bad source of advice on the matters of garrisons and gold, especially this late of the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I guess we all like to lie to ourselves about reasons. Gold bribing us? The sub fee not being worth it? What does your job pay you? 5 dollars an hour if it is a shit job, 20 dollars if it is average. So the sub fee is earned in 1-3 hrs. You make 80 000 gold (depending on a region) in game in that time?

I find earning gold in game is really not worth the time spend...but I still do it, Logically thinking I should just work, buy tokens with real money and sell them in game.
    I'm not lying to myself about anything. I just don't like paying for nothing. I mean when was the last content patch again?
    Author of the Realm Bounty Hunter addon.