0 0%

2 8.70%

2 8.70%

1 4.35%

1 4.35%
    Deleted

[GAME] Rate The Character /10! Day #8: Fandral Staghelm

Rules:

- One random character to be polled every day, by rolling the dice. There is no predetermined list of names, so ANY character in the Warcraft universe could appear at any given day.
    - Characters need 5 nominations to make it to the next poll. Meaning, any given character to get 5 unique nominations will be due the next day instead of picking a random character.
    - If a character has two incarnations, both from the main and alternative universes, then the poll will be referring to both versions simultaneously.
    - Every ten days, we will have a major character up, instead of a random! This will serve the purpose of giving you guys something to look forward to for sticking around. Meaning, Days #10,20,30... etc will be guaranteed to have a big name showing. This doesn't mean they won't appear in random days though, nor that you should stop nominating them if you want to see them sooner.

Today's Character: Fandral Staghelm

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Fandral_Staghelm

Have fun voting, everyone! And don't forget to place your nominations as well!

Ranking:

Day #6: Varok Saurfang - 8.11/10 (37 votes)
    Day #7: Daval Prestor - 8.05/10 (20 votes)
    Day #1: Anduin Lothar - 7.90/10 (31 votes)
    Day #4: Cho'gall - 6.88/10 (34 votes)
    Day #5: Liadrin - 6.64/10 (36 votes)
    Day #3: Maiev Shadowsong - 6.09/10 (33 votes)
    Day #0: Kalecgos - 5.74/10 (31 votes)
    Day #2: Velen - 5.39/10 (23 votes)

Nominations:

Genn Greymane - 3/5 (Graden, Friendlyimmolation, M-Ra)
    Magatha Grimtotem - 2/5 (FLstudioApprentice, Zulkhan)
    Jaina Proudmoore - 2/5 (Snowraven, Dartz1979)
    Med'an - 1/5 (Eazy)
    Vol'jin - 1/5 (Raiju)
    Archimonde - 1/5 (Zanjin)
    Gul'dan - 1/5 (Captain Douchebag)
    Magni Bronzebeard - 1/5 (Humbugged)
    Ner'zhul - 1/5 (Crawclaw)
    Johnny Awesome - 1/5 (Arrashi)
    Rivendare - 1/5 (Gib Lover)
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-05-22 at 12:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    The "generic secondary villain" trope is strong with this one. Typical motivation of "world doesn't understand me and betrayed me" combined with most generic villain speeches (seriously the one after you create a bridge in firelands is super cringy, its like he is shitposting us IRL, especially with that fake sarcrastic "heroes"), considerably boring boss fight, and worst of all that cunt didn't wanted to drop my druid toy for like 3 months.

2/10 he sucks.

Deleted
    I liked him. TBH he represented what Nelfs should be like (he and Maiev). He's lost much, sacrificed his son, ofc he's pissed and scheming. Worst of all, he's *right*. And I say that as a Horde player.

And if I can, I'd nominate... Wrathion, the little bastard.

Deleted
    I gave him a 9 as well. I think he is one of the really better secondary villains to be honest, and I liked the twist in Cataclysm.

I also thought his fight was unique, only disappointing thing about it was the fact that heroic was easier than normal because you could cheese him by never let him stay in scorpion form ever and just stand there, moving out of the cat leaps every now and then, while we did actually put some brain on him to progress his normal mode.

Sure, I can get how he can sound like a Saturday morning cartoon villain at times during Firelands, but that didn't stop me from liking his character and motivations -- I don't know, maybe it's mainly because he stands against everything Tyrande and Malfurion represents?

Oh, and 1/5 for Wrathion (by Rurts). I really love this little bastard, hope he gets nominated or diced soon.

7+ Year Old Account
    8/10
    Always one of my favorite villains. I rolled a night elf priestess very early in my WoW career and of course, you had to go meet Staghelm. I was struck at what a complete and utter douchebag he was to the player character in comparison to Tyrande. I also was struck how you could stand outside his room at the top of his treehouse and listen to him mutter about how she was incompetent. Oh and the morrowgrain quests and questing out of Feathermoon Stronghold and how Shandris's advisor did not trust him, and how he told us to stop bringing the stuff to Darnassus.

I was genuinely surprised when people were taken aback that he became a raid boss. Even more so that he had fans. He was such an asshole!

And let us not forget:

9. He was really cool, even if unimportant. Due to this, there wasn't much leeway to screw him up. Overall, a satisfying secondary villain. WoW needs more secondary villains that last more than one expansion.
    Also, can I nominate Genn without de-nominating Ner'zhul?

I think Fandral was pretty underutilized. Nonetheless, his arc with Leyara in Cataclsym was breath of fresh air in an expansion which was hurting for endgame lore.

I was hoping to see him strike a Alliance with Magatha at some point.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Crawclaw View Post
    9. He was really cool, even if unimportant. Due to this, there wasn't much leeway to screw him up. Overall, a satisfying secondary villain. WoW needs more secondary villains that last more than one expansion.
    Also, can I nominate Genn without de-nominating Ner'zhul?
    Of course you can! Players are allowed to nominate whoever they want without limits, but not the same character twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    I was hoping to see him strike a Alliance with Magatha at some point.
    Never say never! Maybe the Old Gods aren't through with him.

It would be interesting to see how would they handle Magatha allying with the Twilight's Hammer; basically the same folks that took her prisoner.

10+ Year Old Account
    8. He was great until the "corruption" reveal. Maiev was too busy hunting Illidan to the ultra right-wing night elf character and Fandral did a good job. I don't mind Malfurion but I found Fandral a more compelling character.

Deleted
    If they revive him I will really mark out.

- - - Updated - - -

Bump for the Alliance!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by darkdude103 View Post
    wasted potential
    Basically!

- - - Updated - - -

Final bump!!

Deleted
    After Fandral Staghelm became evil and died, all of my ambitions to play a Night Elf druid died with him. Malfurion sucks and he looks fugly.

In my own personal headcanon malfurion made fandral crazy because he had proof malfurion was working with the legion

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by M-Ra View Post
    Malfurion sucks and he looks fugly.
    He is even more Jesus than Thrall; we just don't see much of him.

Quote Originally Posted by darkdude103 View Post
    In my own personal headcanon malfurion made fandral crazy because he had proof malfurion was working with the legion
    Wouldn't this be something!

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    He is even more Jesus than Thrall; we just don't see much of him.

Wouldn't this be something!
    yea I had this whole thing about how kil'jadens quote "the enemy is among you" is hinting at that
    and that he's been secretly working with Xavius in the emerald dream which is why he was sent there in the first place
    also explains his hostility towards Illidan