Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legion Warlock Legendary abilities and discussion

Good morning fellow lovers of all things dark and deadly. I noticed that there was no comprehensive list of our Legendaries in Legion so I decided to make one and see what everyone thought of them and which ones they like or dislike the most, so here they are!
    *Note - All of these items are 895 and have appropriate secondary stats that boost the obvious spec they were made for*

Legs - Pillars of the Dark Portal
    Equip: Demonic gateway now casts instantly and you can now use it twice before you incur a cooldown.

Ring - Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning
    Equip: Reduce the cooldown of Doomguard and/or Infernal by 2 seconds for every dreadstalker, wild imp, or Beholder that you have summoned.

Back - PH Name
    Equip: Enemies marked with your Havoc take 15% increased damage from your single target spells.

Waist - Kazzak's Final Curse
    Equip: Doom deals 5% increased damage for every demon pet you have active.

Ring - Sacrolash's Dark Strike
    Equip: Corruption slows enemies by 60%

Wrist - Sin'Dorei Spite
    Equip: For 20 seconds after you cast Summon Doomguard or Summon Infernal, you and your minions deal 40% increased damage. This effect can only be gained once every 3 minutes.

Shoulder - Recurrent Ritual
    Equip: Call Dreadstalkers refunds 2 soul shards.

Wrist - PH Name
    Equip: Each enemy affected by your Unstable Affliction increases all damage you deal by 2%

Head - PH Name
    Equip: Agony deals its full damage 25% faster.

Wrist - Magistrike Restraints
    Equip: Chaos bolt has a 35% chance to bounce to another enemy within 30 yards.

Ring - Sephuz's Secret
    Equip: Successfully applying an incapacitate, disorient, root, fear, sleep, or stun to an enemy grants you 70% increased movement speed for 10 seconds.

Neck - Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus
    Equip: After not taking damage for 5 seconds, you gain a shield equal to 30% of your maximum health for 30 seconds.

Foot - Norgannon's Foresight
    Equip: Your instant cast spells have a chance to trigger Foresight, allowing your next spell with a cast time to be cast while moving.

Waist - PH Name
    Equip: Casting a damaging fire spell has a 25% chance to generate a soul shard.

Finger - Alythess's Pyrogenics
    Equip: Enemies affected by your Rain of Fire take 7% increased damage from your fire spells.

Waist - Power Cord of Lethtendris
    Equip: Casting Unstable Affliction on a target who is not already affected by Unstable Affliction has a 30% chance to refund the soul shard.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgary View Post
    Ring - Wilfred's Sigil of Superior Summoning
    Equip: Reduce the cooldown of Doomguard and/or Infernal by 2 seconds for every dreadstalker, wild imp, or Beholder that you have summoned.

Wrist - Sin'Dorei Spite
    Equip: For 20 seconds after you cast Summon Doomguard or Summon Infernal, you and your minions deal 40% increased damage. This effect can only be gained once every 3 minutes.
    Interested how this combo will work. The 3min ICD is to account for the fact that talenting Servitude removes the native 3min cooldown on the baseline spell. But when using the CDR ring to lower the cooldown of baseline Summon, does the ICD remain at 3min? If it does, lowering the CD by just 2s means you only get the effect every other summon since we have no way to trigger it if we don't then sit on the cooldown, making the CDR redundant. With Servitude, you can always resummon the permanent pet every 3 mins to proc the effect, but that comes at the cost of cast time and wasting a shard. I'd argue the bonus is enough that its not "wasted" per say, but part of taking a permanent version of the pet is for it to be that, permanent. not needing to resummon just to proc a secondary duration effect.

Neck - Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus
    Equip: After not taking damage for 5 seconds, you gain a shield equal to 30% of your maximum health for 30 seconds.
    If this stacks with Demon Skin/Soul Leech and Sac pact.... its going to be nutty. Especially if dmg absorbed by SL doesn't count towards dmg taken. Depending on which shield gets eaten into first if you have both up, Demon skin may "protect" this shield from being eaten away by incidental dmg, having it almost always up for big hits. This one is very intriguing to me. I wonder if you continue to not take dmg after it goes up if it refreshes its duration.... or if it needs to drop before it can proc again.

Ring - Sacrolash's Dark Strike
    Equip: Corruption slows enemies by 60%
    Aoe Corruption, permanent Corruption, Demon Skin/Soul Leech, Burning Rush... just kite for days. I don't pvp, but a 1 minute 60% slow that would pretty much have to be dispelled seems a bit strong.

Shoulder - Recurrent Ritual
    Equip: Call Dreadstalkers refunds 2 soul shards.
    Demonic Calling and this leg tuns Dreadstalkers into a Shard generator. Interested to see how this makes the rotation feel. Hopefully the wording "refund" is just a technicality. It would suck if DC did not proc it because the spell didn't cost any shards to refund. Come to think of it, I don't think i've even tested to see how DC and Conduit interact in this regard. Anybody?

Back - PH Name
    Equip: Enemies marked with your Havoc take 15% increased damage from your single target spells.

Wrist - Magistrike Restraints
    Equip: Chaos bolt has a 35% chance to bounce to another enemy within 30 yards.
    These two. First, I hope that the 15% dmg to Havoc target doesn't end up making Wreak Havoc the best ST talent by virtue of the 15% ST dmg increase of keeping havoc up. This also kind of makes it so that instead of choosing between Havocing into boss or from boss....you'd just keep havoc on boss at all times unless the add was a higher priority.. which trivializes its use to a degree.

I wonder if you combine these two.. if the magistike proc can trigger from both the original and havoced CB? could they just ping pong and chain proc themselves?

Waist - PH Name
    Equip: Casting a damaging fire spell has a 25% chance to generate a soul shard.
    This one may be a bit overkill, since we are already swimming in shards. I hope initially its bugged and procs off of imps firebolts. that would be fun!

Finger - Alythess's Pyrogenics
    Equip: Enemies affected by your Rain of Fire take 7% increased damage from your fire spells.
    Curious how this will interact with itself, especially if/once RoF gets changed to stack.

why is there two million legendary weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    None of those items are weapons. Blizzard has implemented a new legendary system, you can google it to learn more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohzerlock View Post
    Why can't you read?

Deleted
    Wrist - Sin'Dorei Spite
    This is so absolutely, disgustingly fucking OP broken it's not even funny ;/ I mean all of these items are strong and somehow useful, but this one is just absurd.

10+ Year Old Account
    Teh 25% chance to gain shard with fire spell and 40% one for summon Doomguard will be a nasty combo for Destruction.

I bet we would be casting nothing but Chaos Bolts with all the shards we get from everywhere.

I wonder, does Chaos Bolt count as a fire spell? I think it it does due to being Chaos spell...

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The 25% chance to gain shard with fire spell and 40% one for summon Doomguard will be a nasty combo for Destruction.

I bet we would be casting nothing but Chaos Bolts with all the shards we get from everywhere.

I wonder, does Chaos Bolt count as a fire spell? I think it it does due to being Chaos spell...
    With all these % to refund shards on Chaos Bolt, CB is going to turn into a Generator lol

Quote Originally Posted by uhhwateva View Post
    Why can't you read?
    this made me laugh probably more than it should have.

I don't pvp, but a 1 minute 60% slow that would pretty much have to be dispelled seems a bit strong.
    I could be wrong, but I thought I had read that legendary abilities will be disabled in all forms of PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Reaper11b View Post
    I could be wrong, but I thought I had read that legendary abilities will be disabled in all forms of PvP.
    No, I think you are right. I'da remembered more QQ about the Legendaries if they were going to be allowed in PvP! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post

It does not, its a chaos school of magic spell

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulzar View Post
    No, I think you are right. I'da remembered more QQ about the Legendaries if they were going to be allowed in PvP! lol
    Correct, legendary abliities are disabled in "instanced PVP" not WPVP

Back - PH Name
    With the Wreak Havoc talent, you can keep Havoc on a boss 100% of the time, essentially giving you a nigh-permanent 15% damage buff.

It does not, its a chaos school of magic spell
    Chaos is every school combined - it includes fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post

Chaos is every school combined - it includes fire.
    i did not know that! learned something today

10+ Year Old Account
    i did not know that! learned something today
    Yup, so it is as much of a fire spell as it is frost spell and arcane spell and heck even holy mechanically so unless for some reason it does not work with that legendary, it should be working.

Deleted
    All schools but physical since the last build

Few interesting combinations, if damage distribution stays the same within specs

Looks like the fields they aim to improve with legendaries are council and adds fight for affliction, ST/council for Demo and basically everything for Destro

Agreed, it seems to me that towards the end of this XPAC people are going to be putting up insane numbers with legendary combos, then again, if they do make getting legendaries extremely rare, it will be really cool to see the rare few who actually get that lucky and watch their numbers just explode hahah

Bear with my foolishness here.

In Legion, Dreadlords are clearly shown having an affinity for shadow magic rather than fire.

Even standing on shadowy fel fissures rather than green ones.

Why not use Dreadlords for inspiration for Affliction?

It needs some cool looking spells imo, like Carrion Swarm.

That can wait an expansion but it's a good avenue for development

Man is this gonna blow or what, everyone is gonna be grinding mobs for weeks/months for those drops , I guess this is the new content "filler" to overcome the lack of content people always whine about.

Quote Originally Posted by wholol View Post
    Man is this gonna blow or what, everyone is gonna be grinding mobs for weeks/months for those drops , I guess this is the new content "filler" to overcome the lack of content people always whine about.
    Honestly, because of the miniscule drop rate it will be much more efficient to actually do World Quests, Dungeons, Raids, PvP for gear rather than grinding for Legendaries. For example you could farm for 2 weeks straight. Hey I got 1 legendary, but everyone else would've gotten stronger gear and progressed further than the person constantly farming for Legendaries.