Poll: Favourite zone?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Favourite and least favourite Draenor zone(s)?

Now that WoD is close to its end, when you look back on each zone, which stood out to you at the top and the bottom?
    Take all things into consideration like music, zone aesthetic, quests, lore, grand structures or the small things you might have missed, etc.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

I realize I'm probably in the acute minority here but I always liked the aesthetic feel of Spires of Arak. The quest line was engaging for me and I just really enjoyed leveling in the zone.

As for least favorite, I'd say Frostfire. It just felt bland and uninspired and I'm pretty sure I still have PTSD from all the bottlenecking which occurred in the first few days of launch.

Shadowmoon Valley for my favorite, prolly. I had a lot of fun early on just running down the river chopping down trees.

Least favorite ? My garrison. Seriously, so !#$%ing sick of that place... and this is coming from someone that spent 90% of their playtime running circles around the "city of choice" in previous expacs.

If I have to choose a whole zone... probably Gorgrond. It doesn't really seem to have anything going for it aside from the Iron Horde influences.

I'd prolly go with Frostfire, but I didnt have to spend much time there, fortunately.

Shadowmoon Valley was my favorite. I loved how much different it was from BC's version. BC's version = a demon-infested hellhole with green lava, barren land as far as you can see, and black skies. WoD's version looks like it'd be a cool vacation spot.

My least favorite would be Spires. Such a pain in the ass to get anywhere.

Shadowmoon Valley and Spires of Arak are definitely my top two. SMV wins out on aesthetic, but I just loved the Spires Arakkoa storyline so much.

Least favorite was Nagrand by far. It was boring, looking very much like its predecessor, and was a pain to traverse by foot. The story also, in my opinion, sucked. Very unsatisfying end to the questing experience.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Shadowmoon Valley is really pretty and great for RRP, I think.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Frostfire Ridge. Music, ambience, beauty and story, everything there is awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Least favourite is between Frostfire and Gorgrond for me. I cannot stand either of those horrible zones. Fave is probably Shadowmoon. Has a Horde player I haven't experienced much of it, I've finally gotten my first Ally alt to Draenor and have enjoyed what I have seen there so far.

That's a tough one. This time around I don't really have a favourite, maybe I would've liked Shadowmoon Valley as it seems very good aesthetically, but I haven't leveled an alliance character this expansion so I know very little about the actual story of the zone. But the last of the bunch is certainly Frostfire Ridge for me.

Favorite: Spires of Arak
    Least Favorite: Talador

Deleted
    The Shadowmoon Valley results make me think we have a lot more Alliance players here than Horde. I played Alliance levelling recently and it's better aesthetics on the Garrison. The zone itself isn't spectacularly better than other zones though, but it's fun to see how Socrethar developed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite zone: None of them..
    Least favorite: ALL OF THEM..

Can we please just close the book on Draenor and forget it existed?
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

I second this. If I was forced to choose, then I'd pick Shadowmoon as "favorite" zone and Tanaan as least.

But the zone I really really really hate is the garrison.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice to see most people on my wavelength with SMV and Spires, but I'm really surprised Frostfire has faired so badly. Those three are my favourite zones for story and aesthetic.

Part of me wishes we could skip Gorgrond entirely and skip through to just the good stuff in Talador. Not much going on in either of those zones except for a couple of beautiful and tragically under-used set-piece locations in Talador.

My biggest disappointment? I think that as a consequence of cutting Tanaan at launch WoD was missing one important feature most other expansions had: One or two mind-blowing endgame zones with really alien/imposing aesthetics. I'm talking your Netherstorm/Outland SMV/Icecrown/Dread Wastes/Firelands kind of zone. Nagrand was just a big, up-rezzed box of "meh" minus the Forge Camps and floating islands.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Favorite zone was Nagrand by far. Least favorite, it's a toss up between all the other zones but Spires of Arak and Shadowmoon Valley are just soooo bad.

15+ Year Old Account
    I enjoyed the questing in Spires; there was a hint of difficulty there not felt anywhere else, high mob saturation in the orc strongholds (I'm a Bladefist fan). I was unimpressed with most of the other zones, Talador would have to be my least favorite.
    "Can't you see this is the last act of a desperate man?"
    "We don't care if it's the first act of Henry the Fifth, we're leaving!"

Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post

Or we can actually observe our surroundings instead of throwing a tantrum every time someone mentions that WoD had some genuinely good ideas, but anonymity on the internet makes that basically impossible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaetha View Post
    Or we can actually observe our surroundings instead of throwing a tantrum every time someone mentions that WoD had some genuinely good ideas, but anonymity on the internet makes that basically impossible.
    WoD had a ton of good, or even great, ideas..

But the wast majority of them, got shafted.. All the remained was what noone wanted...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I know a lot of people give WoD flak, but the world design and questing was excellent. I liked all the zones the first time, and most are still fun after a couple alts.

Shadowmoon Valley is still far and away my favorite zone of the expansion, and a strong runner for favorite zone in the entire game. It's gorgeous and has a good story line, but really, it actually feels like a real, living place. You can see a civilization here. There are so many great little touches, like the little draenic weather-enchantment-net-thingies watering their crops with miniature thunderstorms. It actually feels like a place where a civilized people have built their nation.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and for my least favorite zone...

I haven't played Frostfire on Horde, so I really can't comment on that one. I appreciate the touches that made questing through the zones on different characters different, but I found that the Gladiator Pit option in Gorgorond was much less enjoyable than doing that zone with the Lumber Mill path.

Really, I'm just kind of sad about what didn't happened. I really wanted to see Farahlon, especially since it seemed to be ground-zero for the fungal biomes invading everything else. That would have been an awesome experience. Same with a non-corrupted Tanaan, with an actual quest-structure and story-line.

It's not that I necessarily miss max level questing zones, but Draenor was so engrossing that it left me wanting more. It didn't help that half of Nagrand was basically an elite mob grinding zone, but I really felt the WoD zones and coherent, good story lines leading up to satisfying conclusions. I honestly think quest and world design has never been better... just wish there was some more of it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Least favourite is either Gorgrond or Talador, I just didn't enjoy the questing there. While I think Talador had nice ambience and looked good, I just preferred to skip most of it. Gorgrond is actually put deep down in my memory so I can't really recall what I though about the questing. I've done it only once, so it must have been boring to me.

My favourite is Shadowmoon Valley. I really liked the ambience, quests and lore. Other than that, it is so different from the Outland one, which is also quite impressive to me.
    Pokemon Y / Pokemon OR
    Friendcode: 0791-2124-3938 (IGN: Michiel)