Change to destruction artifact trait Lord of Flames is BAD design

They changed the trait from giving infernal drops on every Rain of Fire to being a really fucking terrible trait.

Now the trait will make Rain of Fire drop 6 infernals once every 10 min.

I'm sorry but you need to get the warlock crew fucking up to date to the real world. This is so badly designed that I don't believe someone is being payed for it.

All in all it sounds really cool, but in reality its bad, here is why:

Your grp pulls a couple of mobs with not too much HP so they die relatively fast, you will still want to use your Rain of fire BUT when you use it you trigger the trait and stomps down an army of infernals for 8 seconds, now the trait is on cd for 10 min, but oh up ahead is a huge grp of mobs that needs to be AOE'ed, well too bad you just wasted your big AOE stomp on the easy pack 30 seconds earlier.

This scenario will happen every single time, you will be using Rain of Fire to aoe and waste the trait, or you will Never use Rain of fire to AOE ever again unless you know you want to trigger the trait.

If you are so set on giving the trait a 10 min cd. (Terrible idea with 10 min cooldowns in the first place) Then make it a real CD you actually use, and your next Rain of fire will drop bombs on them.

How do they keep making these design mistakes? Lets make Demonic Circle a single button to prune the actionbars, just to force players into making a cancelaura macro.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely agree.

The problem is not even as much the CD (although 10 mins is ridiculous), but the fact that it is tied to our baseline AoE spell.

I keep suggesting this again and again in hopes Blizzard hears this, make Lord of Flames work with Summon Infernal with 3 min ICD, it's both more fitting and avoids the issue at hand.
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2016-04-29 at 11:40 PM.

You know, maybe they could work it out in the reverse direction.

Eg. 'using Summon infernal only incurs half the cooldown and applies Rain of Fire to the same area'

Or I don't know, make it a complete new spell with a 10min cd (sounds familiar? ^^)

Or do something completely different. Lord of Flames doesn't make me think of infernals anyways. In spirit of the new destro i suggest this talent:

'when your Rain of Fire hits 3 or more enemies, you have a chance to generate a soul shard'

or the electric boogaloo version:

'when your Rain of Fire hits 3 or more enemies, you may or may not have a chance to roll the dice that has a chance to generate a random amount of soul shards'
    Last edited by gruxxar; 2016-04-30 at 10:32 AM.
    made by Shyama

10+ Year Old Account
    I think these are pretty terrible suggestions, Lord of Flames is pretty awesome when it happens, it has flavor and power to it, having Rain of Fire generate a shard or Summon Infernal also proc RoF are really weak and when I say weak I do not mean damage, but they pale in comparison to the sheer awesomeness of new Lord of Flames effect.

The only issue with Lord of Flames is that it is tied to RoF in an uncontrollable way, even the fact that it has 10 min CD is okay (as long as it obeys same rules as current Summon Doomguard), simply because how powerful this effect is, it is a stupendous burst.

Was just spitballing here ofc but the fact that's it tied to our only base AoE Spell makes we wanna puke.

can't really come up with any 'cool' procs.

'Rain of fire now casts cataclysm every time you yell DOOOOOOOMMM before casting it'
    made by Shyama

It feels like Blizzard is determined to tie it into Rain of Fire.

I'd much rather it be either a separate ability or tied into Summon Infernal. And a much longer duration, compensated by lower damage or fewer infernals.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2016-04-30 at 03:01 PM.

Here's a suggestion. How about move Soul Flame from the Affliction artifact into that slot, since it makes more since for destro, and replace that trait for affliction?

Stood in the Fire Lisa Frank Succubus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This is the first warlock related thing I've seen from the alpha that looks downright horrible..wtf?

Yeah, its so bad that this will be the very last trait I will take in the artifact, IF I am even going to play destruction after the RNG god has shit on it

Not actually as bad as the affliction gold traits.

Deleted
    Makes me wonder why Blizz ruined RoF in the first place, only to have it the main aoe spell for Destro the expansion after. It's like they can't make up their minds even when some of their ideas weren't logical to begin with