Deleted

Question in regards to Legion

So from what people can tell wich of the 3 rogue specs looks the best for Legion? I cant really decide what will be the best MS and best OS to have in Legion, though I am leaning mostly towards Assa / outlaw.
    But what are the community inhere saying about the specs?
    Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere :-)

it's too early in tuning to tell for sure whether the single target in mut is close enough to sub to just roll with it for all ST fights with the ability to cleave decently. outlaw will be the aoe spec no matter what. right now the best rogue spec for legion would be the logout button, u want to hit that and create a demon hunter, then u should be good for the expac

How hard is it to make all rogue specs good at AoE and Single Target, and the only thing that changes is the means by which the damage comes from. Bleeds, poisons... then we won't be required to change specs every other fight, which in legion is going to be annoying due to artifacts.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    How hard is it to make all rogue specs good at AoE and Single Target, and the only thing that changes is the means by which the damage comes from. Bleeds, poisons... then we won't be required to change specs every other fight, which in legion is going to be annoying due to artifacts.
    blame "class fantasy"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    This is a bad idea.

Most people are against homogenization of classes and specs. This would literally be the biggest step in that direction ever.

"class fantasy" or class fantasy as some people call it is a good thing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    This is a bad idea.

Most people are against homogenization of classes and specs. This would literally be the biggest step in that direction ever.

"class fantasy" or class fantasy as some people call it is a good thing.
    I don't really agree with that.. I really like how mages are at the moment. Both fire and arcane (even frost) are competitive in single target and aoe giving the player the option to play which spec he likes the most. Now when you take a look at rogues you can see that the gap between combat and subtlety is huge in terms of single target and aoe.. And im not talking about homogenization. Both specs being good at aoe doesn't mean that. It's all bout how you deal that damage that makes the spec. Combat is all about blade flurry. Subtlety could sacrifice a bit of ST for some AOE burst for example. That would by no means make the specs similar.. Don't know if you know what I mean I suck at explaining..

Blizzard's answer to assassin/sub aoe The Dreadlord's Deceit Which was just changed from 25% dmg when you use tricks.

Since 9 times out of ten when raid aoe is needed it's burst aoe that's needed this kind of gives them what they need. But who knows the rng in getting it. But then again combat just got Shivarran Symmetry Which could add more killing spree cleaving burst.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by buzuzuki View Post
    I don't really agree with that.. I really like how mages are at the moment. Both fire and arcane (even frost) are competitive in single target and aoe giving the player the option to play which spec he likes the most. Now when you take a look at rogues you can see that the gap between combat and subtlety is huge in terms of single target and aoe.. And im not talking about homogenization. Both specs being good at aoe doesn't mean that. It's all bout how you deal that damage that makes the spec. Combat is all about blade flurry. Subtlety could sacrifice a bit of ST for some AOE burst for example. That would by no means make the specs similar.. Don't know if you know what I mean I suck at explaining..
    I know what you mean but here is the trick. If sub, assassination and combat where all equally good at both aoe, utility and single target damage then every raider would turn towards the spec that was easiest to play so they could more easily keep an eye on everything.

Homogenizing like that is not only extremely hard and almost impossible seing how the different classes diffent abilities scale differently, it also creates new problems.

Thats why its easer overall to say: "ok we know we cant make every spec equally good at everything, but what if this spec was viable because it had really good aoe burst, this one because it had susteined aoe, this one because of cleave aoe, this one because of single target and so forth."

Quote Originally Posted by wow View Post
    Blizzard's answer to assassin/sub aoe The Dreadlord's Deceit Which was just changed from 25% dmg when you use tricks.

Since 9 times out of ten when raid aoe is needed it's burst aoe that's needed this kind of gives them what they need. But who knows the rng in getting it. But then again combat just got Shivarran Symmetry Which could add more killing spree cleaving burst.
    because answering class weaknesses with extraordinarily rare drops is the answer?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Not at all but it's all we've got.

Have not played legion but liking the look of this spec so far