Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    You are right.
    He should be dethroned and we should have a public execution of his entire party.
    Because that is how his opponents are acting and compared to that he was just a little bit in the wrong.
    Welcome to politics.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are right.
    He should be dethroned and we should have a public execution of his entire party.
    Because that is how his opponents are acting and compared to that he was just a little bit in the wrong.
    His apology is sufficient for his actions, but should he do it again then his position should be considered by his own party, it is not acceptable practice and you downplaying it is irrelevant to that.

There would be no reaction if he had not broken Parliamentary protocol in the first place, so stop trying to fudge the issue - Trudeau was in the wrong, Trudeau apologised for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildtree View Post
    On a second thought...
    I am waiting for the day when someone gets fouled during a match and then accused for being a SJW' because he complained to the referee lol
    Football (the real one, not the American one) has had nosediving princesses for a long time now. You can call them SJWs if you want. It's not what I consider a SJW though.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if she was told to make a big deal about it and that she really didn't care much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Football (the real one, not the American one) has had nosediving princesses for a long time now. You can call them SJWs if you want. It's not what I consider a SJW though.
    In Hockey penalties are handed out for embellishment.

I'm trying to understand... in government when a vote comes up you have 3 options... yea, nay, or no vote. You typically need a specific number of Yea's to pass. On controversial bills, law makers who oppose something, will typically take a "no vote" at the expectation that it makes them look better than voting "nay". Whether the guy chooses to vote "nay", or chooses to use the standard normal canadian process for a "no vote", does it really matter? He's clearly not intending to vote "yea". So, really all Trudeaux is doing is showing his frustration at a vote he wants that is not going to pass, and wanting to force these people to put in the "nay" vote. Is that right? Or was this guy trying to vote "yea" but couldn't get over there? It seems from what I've read (yesterday) that the guy will not vote "yea" either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    He did nothing wrong. Period.

In fact, next time he should do a pile driver and a leg drop just to drive the point home.
    Except he did. Period.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

So much pho-outrage over a non-event. I've seen more violence at a baby shower full of pregnant women, and that ended in laughs.
    "Well shit, ya'll have fun now"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Narwal View Post
    I'm trying to understand... in government when a vote comes up you have 3 options... yea, nay, or no vote. You typically need a specific number of Yea's to pass. On controversial bills, law makers who oppose something, will typically take a "no vote" at the expectation that it makes them look better than voting "nay". Whether the guy chooses to vote "nay", or chooses to use the standard normal canadian process for a "no vote", does it really matter? He's clearly not intending to vote "yea". So, really all Trudeaux is doing is showing his frustration at a vote he wants that is not going to pass, and wanting to force these people to put in the "nay" vote. Is that right? Or was this guy trying to vote "yea" but couldn't get over there? It seems from what I've read (yesterday) that the guy will not vote "yea" either way.
    The bloke was holding up the vote, with the help of the people blocking him, which means it would not get passed as it would run out of time. It is just a filibuster.

At least Trudeau knows for next time to just drop kick everyone in the way since it has the same result.

Deleted
    Coincidence?
    Because today I read an article where they called this action of that woman a schwalbe (nosedive).
    Well, being a professional victim and taking a dive in football, hockey or some other team sport do definitely share characteristics.

Anyone calling this an assault is demeaning real assault victims in the world. For the 'victim' and the opposition to use this as an example of violence against women is an absolute disgrace. This was an accidental brush. I work in restaurants and can't count the number of times in the kitchen I've turned around and caught a female employee in the chest with an arm, elbow, hand, etc. accidentally. To insinuate that could be assault is utterly ridiculous. Then to top this off, they spend a day in parliament on tax payer dollars yesterday 'debating' the whole incident. From what I saw there were a bunch of adults acting like children. I'm not a liberal, but I actually support Trudeau's behaviour. If you're going to behave like a four year old, don't be upset when you're treated like one.

Quote Originally Posted by ganush View Post
    Anyone calling this an assault is demeaning real assault victims in the world. For the 'victim' and the opposition to use this as an example of violence against women is an absolute disgrace. This was an accidental brush. I work in restaurants and can't count the number of times in the kitchen I've turned around and caught a female employee in the chest with an arm, elbow, hand, etc. accidentally. To insinuate that could be assault is utterly ridiculous. Then to top this off, they spend a day in parliament on tax payer dollars yesterday 'debating' the whole incident. From what I saw there were a bunch of adults acting like children. I'm not a liberal, but I actually support Trudeau's behaviour. If you're going to behave like a four year old, don't be upset when you're treated like one.
    The debates about the elbow incident in the commons had very little to do with the incident itself, but was the opposition using their parliamentary rights to basically filibuster the assisted dying bill out of contempt for the Liberal's motion to limit debate on the bill and trying to control Parliamentary procedure now and for the future. They did exactly what they're supposed to do.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

10+ Year Old Account
    This what happens when you elect someone who thinks with their feels

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think that is what an opposition is supposed to do.
    An opposition is supposed to be critical of the government, to present their own plans and try to push them.
    By doing so they can convince the public to vote for them.

With a filibuster they are basically saying: "Fuck democracy, we found a loophole to push our opinion."
    If the party in power are trying to limit debate, then they are saying "Fuck Parliament", which is effectively "Fuck Canada".

I don't think that is what an opposition is supposed to do.
    An opposition is supposed to be critical of the government, to present their own plans and try to push them.
    By doing so they can convince the public to vote for them.

With a filibuster they are basically saying: "Fuck democracy, we found a loophole to push our opinion."
    It's in opposition to the limitation of debate and the "Motion #6" for that day that was trying to decimate the debate time normally allotted and frankly needed for this quite controversial bill. Limiting debate mostly due to the fact that the Liberal party dragged their heels bringing the bill to the floor in the first place. They didn't even have a quorum on Monday when it should have begun. Ridiculous. And now they're up against the gun to get a working bill passed prior to June 6th to satisfy the Supreme Court decision on assisted dying, and it still has to get through the commons and then the senate.

There's a lot more to it than just some fracas. But it's certainly not just a matter of people getting butthurt and exacerbating some wimpy elbow heh. This isn't unusual for Parliament, especially when the majority tries to circumvent Parliamentary procedures to suit their needs, which is definitely a matter of "fuck democracy."
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

They really should have tabled the assisted dying bill sooner considering theres a deadline on a court decision coming up.