Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

I hate people who say Godwin's Law

I find it such a pointless overused tactic to attempt to immediately shut down any discussion even when the comparison or mention of Nazis or Hitler is valid to the conversation at hand. I genuinely wish the quote GODWIN'S LAW will ultimately perish in online hell like l33t and yolo

You just godwinned yourself pretty hard with this thread.

I hate them too... maybe Hitler could help out removing them?

Dude if you keep acting so l33t Godwin's Law will take effect and you don't want that to happen since YOLO.

/I kid I kid

I do agree abit tho, I do wish all these annoying ass terms would go away. Cuck is a word that needs to go away along with neckbeard.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-05-19 at 02:56 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

You actually Godwin Law'd your own thread. Nicely done.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's just an internet meme, like many other shit.
    Never heard anyone using that term irl before.
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

I still use leet and yolo, did they die? i didn't notice.

if you don't make comparisons to nazi germany then the thread won't get godwinned, and ppl won't point out that it has been.

I really don't see it as a means of shutting down a thread, but it is funny that the law is extremely true, the longer a thread goes on for, the more likely someone will drop hitler or nazis into the convo somehow.

the most intriguing part is that it doesn't matter what the thread is about either, it could be about toe nails, eventually if it goes on for long enough, nazis.

It's more of a means to call out people who are trying to shut down a discussion so that discussion can continue.

It's shutting down shutting down discussion.

When someone says I godwined a thread I assume they are saying that I won.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Have to agree, especially when it comes to discussions about fascism.
    Internet forums are more for circlejerking (patting each other on the back) than actual discussion (exchange and analysis of information and points of view). Took me long enough to realise ...

Only Nazi scum would say "Godwin's Law".

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

10+ Year Old Account
    It would be just like the Nazis or Hitler to make such a ban.

Godwin's Law is very useful, as long as it's only applied where nazi comparisons aren't valid. Because comparing someone to Hitler is such a lazy argument, it's a reasonable assumption that anyone doing that has effectively run out of things to say.

You're not mad at Godwins first law at least.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Godwin's law stands because inevitably someone will degenerate a conversation into comparisons to Nazi Germany. If you hate Godwin's law it isn't because Godwin's law is wrong you just hate it because you keep refering everything to Nazi Germany. It is like people who frequently break the law tend to hate cops. The cops are just doing their jobs, if you would stop breaking the law they would stop arresting you.

Comparing things you don't like to Nazi's is a diservice to anyone who ever suffered under Nazi Fascism, a suffering that you can't possibly understand because you as so far removed from that time period and chose to remain ignorant as to the actual suffering that occured. I'm sorry but Liberals wanting more pay or conservatives wanting bathroom laws is not equivalent to gasing millions of jewish families and ripping their teeth out for gold and using their hair to stuff couch pillows.

If you don't want people throwing Godwin's law in your face stop saying stupid shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are a crotchety old Yorkshireman, you hate everything.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Throw in the removal of -gate for every kind of scandal and we have a deal.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Deleted
    This thread is literally worse than Hitler.

Fight me.

Your first mistake is discussing topics with pseudo-professional Debaters, in a video-game website.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make God win again

dididuitrite?
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."