10+ Year Old Account
    Washington state, united states of america.

So.... Alpha Saphire (Pokemon) Lisia did what?

So with the new expansion for world of warcraft coming out around the same time I haven't been able to play the new pokemon game much. So I picked up and played it some more. I love the pokemon contest so I did that one a bunch with my Darkrai on the Cleverness contest. After I beat the whatever one comes right before master.

Well like whenever I beat a new rank Lisia called me to the dressing room to talk. This is where I am kind of confused and probably wrong. So she was saying something that started to sound like she wanted to "go out" with my character (which is the female one). But before she could finish her sentance she was interrupted be the blonde douche. After the conversation I go to talk to her again and ask her what she was going to say, and she says "I'll tell you when you beat master rank on all challenges" Like wat? So, maybe I misunderstood the situation and I know its a pokemon game, but is Lisia interested in my character?

The main surprise I have here (as a gay women) isn't the scenario itself, but the fact that it happened in a pokemon game. It would be cool if that is what they meant (like regardless of gender Lisia is interested in your character). But I'm guessing it was a bug chat-line meant only for the male character, or I misinterpreted it completely.

What do you guys think? Or is there anything you know?

Edit: Also the blounde says that his pokemon has "Chemistry" with hers, implying a romantic attraction. But when you talk to Lisia afterwords she mentions that his pokemon is female. Her pokemon is also female. So in short is this the first gay implication between humans and or pokemon in the pokemon universe or am I losing it?
    Last edited by serendipity11; 2014-12-06 at 07:18 PM.

I've played it as well, as May, and I havenät noticed anything like that. Sure you're not looking for it without it being there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amirila View Post
    I've played it as well, as May, and I havenät noticed anything like that. Sure you're not looking for it without it being there?
    I don't think so because it caught my completely off guard. But it could have been me mis-reading because I read very fast. I find it unlikely this would be true, simply to awesome to be true. But still curious.

I'm gonna need to see pictures, please.

<- doesn't have the game

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I'm gonna need to see pictures, please.

<- doesn't have the game
    It went by fast, when she was in the middle of talking I pressed "A" and the blonde came in and interupted. I don't have a screenshot sorry. That's why I'm asking. I'm sure I'm wrong and if I had the exact dialog transcript I could see that I was wrong.

I don't think --any-- in-game Pokemon dialogue changes because of your chosen gender or name...so...I'm gonna roll the dice and say developers overlooked this when they were making the games for their (probably) primarily male target audience.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    I don't think --any-- in-game Pokemon dialogue changes because of your chosen gender or name...so...I'm gonna roll the dice and say developers overlooked this when they were making the games for their (probably) primarily male target audience.
    Maybe... But as of black and white a statistic showed 38% of players who registered there game choose the female character. that's only 12% under half so its kind of a big oversight.

However your name does affect dialog as your chosen name comes up when you talk to people.

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serendipity11 View Post
    The main surprise I have here (as a gay women) isn't the scenario itself, but the fact that it happened in a pokemon game.
    It isn't that surprising I mean in Sea Mauville there are lesbians in "Room 2".

10+ Year Old Account
    I think you are just looking for lesbians where there is none. You can have chemistry with another person without it being sexual.... how this is hard to understand i still dont know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Huge Necro. Closing