2 3.28%

0 0%

2 3.28%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[GAME] Rate The Character /10! NOMINEE Day #25: Bolvar Foredragon

Rules:

- One random character to be polled every day, by rolling the dice. There is no predetermined list of names, so ANY character in the Warcraft universe could appear at any given day.
    - Characters need 5 nominations to make it to the next poll. Meaning, any given character to get 5 unique nominations will be due the next day instead of picking a random character.
    - If a character has two incarnations, both from the main and alternative universes, then the poll will be referring to both versions simultaneously.
    - Every ten days, we will have a major character up, instead of a random! This will serve the purpose of giving you guys something to look forward to for sticking around. Meaning, Days #10,20,30... etc will be guaranteed to have a big name showing. This doesn't mean they won't appear in random days though, nor that you should stop nominating them if you want to see them sooner.

Today's Character: Bolvar Foredragon

http://wow.gamepedia.com/Bolvar_Fordragon
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Lich_King

Have fun voting, everyone! And don't forget to place your nominations as well!

Ranking:

Day #10: Arthas Menethil - 8.71/10 (52 votes)
    Day #21: Gul'dan - 8.65/10 (57 votes)
    Day #06: Varok Saurfang - 8.11/10 (37 votes)
    Day #07: Daval Prestor - 8.05/10 (20 votes)
    Day #17: Cairne Bloodhoof - 7.98/10 (42 votes)
    Day #01: Anduin Lothar - 7.90/10 (31 votes)
    Day #20: Illidan Stormrage - 7.77/10 (63 votes)
    Day #23: Ner'zhul - 7.76/10 (59 votes)
    Day #08: Fandral Staghelm - 7.04/10 (23 votes)
    Day #16: Chen Stormstout - 6.92/10 (39 votes)
    Day #04: Cho'gall - 6.88/10 (34 votes)
    Day #13: Wrathion - 6.68/10 (40 votes)
    Day #05: Liadrin - 6.64/10 (36 votes)
    Day #19: Rokhan - 6.15/10 (38 votes)
    Day #03: Maiev Shadowsong - 6.09/10 (33 votes)
    Day #22: Jaina Proudmoore - 6.04/10 (66 votes)
    Day #14: Johnny Awesome - 6.03/10 (37 votes)
    Day #12: Genn Greymane - 6.02/10 (54 votes)
    Day #11: Baine Bloodhoof - 6/10 (43 votes)
    Day #15: Garona Halforcen - 5.8/10 (25 votes)
    Day #00: Kalecgos - 5.74/10 (31 votes)
    Day #18: Alleria Windrunner - 5.73/10 (40 votes)
    Day #02: Velen - 5.39/10 (23 votes)
    Day #09: Lilian Voss - 4.64/10 (33 votes)
    Day #24: Med'an - 2.37/10 (70 votes)

Nominations:

Qualified to Day #26: Kel'Thuzad - 5/5 (McNeil, Susanoo, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Friendlyimmolation, darkdude103)
    Qualified to Day #27: Sylvanas Windrunner - 5/5 (Friendlyimmolation, Arrashi, Graden, Arafal12, Snowraven)
    Qualified to Day #28: Anub'arak - 5/5 (Arrashi, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Sonwraven, Crawclaw, steeballfc)
    Qualified to Day #29: Vol'jin - 5/5 (Raiju. Tanthoris, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Wildberry, Arafal123)
    Qualified to Day #31: Shandris Feathermoon - 5/5 (Snowraven, DAIMorrigan, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Sinraye, DemonHunter18)
    Qualified to Day #32: Rexxar - 5/5 (ReVnx, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, steelballfc, Arafal123, Rathbourne)
    Qualified to Day #33: Medivh - 5/5 (Soulwind, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Shampro, Enthralled, DarklingThrush)
    Qualified to Day #34: Khadgar - 5/5 (ReVnX, Captain Douchebag, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Zandro, Seifross)

Varian Wrynn - 4/5 (IgnisVenom, Soulwind, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Project 501D13R)
    Magatha Grimtotem - 3/5 (FLstudioApprentice, Zulkhan, Kalecgos the Spellweaver)
    Magni Bronzebeard - 3/5 (Humbugged, Snowraven, Kalecgos the Spellweaver)
    Nathanos Blightcaller - 3/5 (Friendlyimmolation, Captain Douchebag, Kalecgos the Spellweaver)
    Moira Thaurissan - 3/5 (Melsiren, Xiu the Timewanderer, Kalecgos the Spellweaver)
    Archimonde - 3/5 (Zanjin, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Zandro)
    Lei Shen - 3/5 (littleman40, Melsiren, Kalecgos the Spellweaver)
    Daelin Proudmoore - 3/5 (Graden, Kalecgos the Spellweaver, Littlepwny)
    Rivendare - 2/5 (Gib Lover, Kalecgos the Spellweaver)
    Sinestra - 2/5 (OIS, Kalecgos the Spellweaver)
    Vereesa Windrunner - 2/5 (Zulkhan, Melsiren)
    Darius Crowley - 2/5 (Flurryfang, Warcrafting)
    Kael'thas Sunstrider - 2/5 (CasualWorgen, steelballfc)
    Yogg-Saron - 2/5 (Snowraven, steelballfc)
    Teron Gorefiend - 1/5 (Terongor)
    Thura - 1/5 (steeballfc)
    Cenarius - 1/5 (Snowraven)
    Putress - 1/5 (Friendlyimmolation)
    Tichondrius - 1/5 (Sinraye)
    Zul'jin - 1/5 (DarklingThrush)
    Thassarian - 1/5 (DarklingThrush)
    Sargeras - 1/5 (jasontheking1234)
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-05-24 at 01:46 PM.

Hey, look at that, I started two nominees!

Great character, I'm hoping to see more about him in his new role as Lich King.

I nominate Alexstrasza the Life-Binder

7+ Year Old Account
    8/10
    Overall good character, really represented the best of humans imo.

Also inspired the only good Alliance phrase, "For Foredragon!"

I nominate Jastor Gallywix

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ReVnX View Post
    Hey, look at that, I started two nominees!

Great character, I'm hoping to see more about him in his new role as Lich King.

I nominate Alexstrasza the Life-Binder
    Well, that's the point of this Game; the more characters you guys get qualified, the less dices I have to roll. It's a game from you, and to you.

I voted him 7/10; I really liked his role in vanilla but seeing that I started in TBC, I might not have been able to relate as much as I wanted. Him becoming the Lich King was a fun twist, despite feeling somewhat forced, but I would still love to see more of it regardless.

6/10 Good character but his ideals where too clichee and have seen too many of this kind of character.

I nominate Zul'jin and Lei Shen.
    Last edited by Terongor; 2016-05-24 at 09:37 AM.

Deleted
    Tier List updated. The thing scored lower than even I anticipated...

7+ Year Old Account
    9/10
    Great character, representing the best of the Alliance and the best of paladin ideals, really. Docked one point for being a bit too goody two-shoes while still living. As the Lich King, he seems to make up for that by being pretty bad-ass, though.

I nominate Malygos and Moira Thaurissan!

He's quite a badass, and the ''true'' king of Stormwind to me (despite Anduin being king at the time, but Bolvar was doing all the work). I would've loved to see more of him when he was a human, I don't remember him having any real background and kinda came out of nowhere. I've liked everything I've seen from him so far, his involvement during the Onyxia quest chain, guiding Anduin, traveling to Northrend, helping you out during a quest and then fight at the Wrath Gate.

As the Lich King I can still see him as an interesting character, so far I've yet to be dissapointed. So far I'll give him an 8/10, while still being a good character he's lacking some proper development.

This is one of the few characters I felt for in WoW alongside Garrosh (That is, first appeared in WoW and not Warcraft). He was handled well, and his story hasn't been finished. I'd like to see what comes of him.

It'd be cool for Bolvar to get involved in the faction war, even if he states its impossibility to do so (Something along the lines of controlling the scourge takes all his mental strength). With Varian his king and friend dying, I'd like to see how Bolvar reacts.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    This is one of the few characters I felt for in WoW alongside Garrosh (That is, first appeared in WoW and not Warcraft). He was handled well, and his story hasn't been finished. I'd like to see what comes of him.

It'd be cool for Bolvar to get involved in the faction war, even if he states its impossibility to do so (Something along the lines of controlling the scourge takes all his mental strength). With Varian his king and friend dying, I'd like to see how Bolvar reacts.
    Garrosh is actually a great character, indeed.

As to how Bolvar would react to Varian's death, he will raise him into undeath as one of the generals of the Scourge.

Undead Varian: "W... Where... Am ... I?"
    Bolvar the Lich King: "SURPRISE, MOTHER FUCKER! <3"
    Last edited by mmoc4dd871e486; 2016-05-24 at 11:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    Garrosh is actually a great character, indeed.

As to how Bolvar would react to Varian's death, he will raise him into undeath as one of the generals of the Scourge.

Undead Varian: "W... Where... Am ... I?"
    Bolvar the Lich King: "SURPRISE, MOTHER FUCKER! <3"
    And make Varian babysit rotface and festergut all the while serving as regent of the scourge, while he conveniently gets "kidnapped" to a tropical island retreat?

Oh man, talk about irony!

Deleted
    Speaking of characters who get friendly and turn undead, imagine Varian and Sylvanas hooking up.

7+ Year Old Account
    9/10
    a really great character.
    representing the best of the alliance.
    and really damn badass as lich king.

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    i nominate varian.

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    5/10 - he didn't do much after becoming LK, did he?

I'm adding Marcus to the list, if I can.

Bolvar hasn't really had a lot of development. Respected hero of the Alliance who acted as king while Varian was gone, then led the Alliance in Northrend, became the Lich King and has never been heard of again. That's pretty much all there is to Bolvar, hard to rate a character when there's so little to him.

7+ Year Old Account
    3/10
    I nominate
    Sin'jin
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

7/10

Bolvar is pretty badass, I liked him a lot more before he became the new "lich king". For me he was the typical picture I had of what humans and alliance represented. Liked him more than Tirion Fordring, who btw is also a really cool character (would score the same tho). I nominate my favorite dragon aspect, Ysera!
    Last edited by Sinraye; 2016-05-24 at 08:29 PM.

9/10, loses a point for inactivity.

6/10
    because i dont really know much about him.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor