Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    It comes down to your ability to utilise the keyboard.
    Some people will benefit more from such a mouse, some will not.
    Not everyone is physically capable of the same, and so some will never be able to utilise the keyboard in such a way that negates the benefit of an MMO mouse.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Macros are your friend.

I have a Logitech M510 and only ever use one of the side buttons. I have changed it to ctrl in the mouse software and use mod macros on my keyboard.

I use a basic 15 dollar mouse and I've never felt like I was missing out in any aspect of the game. Granted, I've never super seriously PvP'd - I think the height of my accomplishments was 2.1k in 2s in WotLK, or something like that - but in PvE or any other game I don't really need more keybinds than I currently use. I use shift modifiers for macros (such as casting on focus target) and honestly I can't imagine really needing a whole lot more than that, but maybe that's because I've never been very interested in 3s or 5s.

15+ Year Old Account
    Using thumb buttons would be too awkward to get used to. I'm using the same old Logitech 2-button + clickable wheel mouse that I've had since 2008, lol. Still hasn't died.
    Take a break from politics once in awhile, it's good for you.

Deleted
    I use a standard mouse. Used to be a MX518 for 10 years, and when it finally broke I replaced it with a G400s which was the closest replacement I could find.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Using thumb buttons would be too awkward to get used to. I'm using the same old Logitech 2-button + clickable wheel mouse that I've had since 2008, lol. Still hasn't died.
    It does take some time to get used to, A couple months for me.

I think it's worth it though, Instead of a couple dozen bindings for your left hand and only a couple for your right it evens it out somewhat, Feels more natural to me now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Potboza View Post
    I created a black human male called "Pedopriest" and ran him to SW.
    I started asking where the schools were.
    Someone said "My kids play on this server you creep! How can you live with yourself?"
    I whispered back, "How old are they?"
    Yeah.

Had 2 naga 2014, both were pieces of shit, first lasted me about 6 months, the second lasted about 45 days, same issue with both. Replaced them with the logitech equivalent, m600 I think MMO mouse, definitely solid but I found most of the extra buttons worthless, it was easier to bind everything to my KB with modifiers so I replaced it with a Proteus core and its hands down the best mouse I've ever used.

You won't be needing one in Legion anyway

10+ Year Old Account
    Im using a G502. Startet with the G5 years ago and it still functions. The G5 has a special place on my game`s shelf

I'm a clicker who moves with wasd and uses an asda £5 mouse, I have done realm first mythic kills.

My keyboard is laid out like a giant video game controller. I barely use my mouse except when it's honestly needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    My keyboard is laid out like a giant video game controller. I barely use my mouse except when it's honestly needed.
    turning with mouse is not honestly needed?!?! im guessing you dont do high level pvp or raiding?

I use Xpadder and a gamepad, so comfortable and with keybindings for every spell a class has access to. Obviously no healing with this, but who rolls healers anyway?

i hate "mmo" mouses. never liked them

i use wasd like a normal person
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope. G9 for 6yrs.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

MMO mouse and k-ke-keyboard for me
    With 100's of every class there's no way I could remember all the keybinds. But mine does have 2 extra buttons for the thumb (autorun and jump) that I accidentally hit as often as I intentionally use.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by NinjaBlazin View Post
    My Logitech G600 MMO Mouse broke a few months ago and currently I am not planning on getting a new one. I am wondering if anyone here uses a normal mouse with only a few buttons for WoW? I currently don't play WoW but I plan to when Legion Pre-Event comes around. Not sure how I can play WoW without a MMO Mouse that has 12+ Buttons. Anyone have experience with it? How do you move? Mouse only? Using Numpad?

Hope you can help me out!
    I use Logitech G300s

My opinion is that a keyboard is superior for regular abilities, though the mousewheel scroll would be good too.
    If I was to go for an MMO mouse I could see me using that more for cooldowns, mounts etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Rival 300. Don't like MMO mice with tons of buttons

I bought the razor one with 12 buttons...2 years later I still can't press a single button at a time on it so I've only bound 4,6 and 11. I'd prefer one with just 5 larger buttons tbh.