Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I think my issue with it is that OVERTLY, it seems intended to be used as an AoE/around-the-corner attack. But in PRACTICE, it gets used most often to get shot at the ground to deflect up and one-shot someone, because it's easier than headshotting them normally.

I'd "fix" this by minimizing how many hits scatter arrow can actually have on a single target, but boosting their damage, such that it's only going to do ~150 damage fully-charged to a single target. The benefit to Hanzo would be that any arrows that can't register keep going, so you can still hit more targets. It's just no longer going to be a free 300 damage body shot every 10 seconds.
    My suggestion would be 1 arrow out of 5 hits you unless it bounces once after it splits, that way you can still kill people around corners as it was intended to do or allows you to one shot if you make interesting use of physics to get the extra bounce before killing people. Currently it doesn't require you to understand the bounce beyond 'I shoot in front of you slightly and you die."
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

10+ Year Old Account
    Playing Ana, have ult ready for Genji, uses it, Mercy creeps her way into the shot, was funny as hell, and we won xD
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

I spent a lot of time in the Total Mayhem arcade this week. This place <feels> much less toxic than qp and comp. There are those spam sleeps Ana here and there, who are the worst, but I'm still having a blast. At this rate, I'll have more time played on Mcclick than my holy Mercy/Ana. >->
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens
    Tofinish list : NOTHING CAUSE I FINALLY DID IT.
    Todo list : S;G0, New Game, Erased.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just had the worst guy on the internet come on VC just to berate me, with a lot of swearing to switch off D.Va and play Reinhardt. Now, I am horrible with Reinhardt, particularly on KotH maps; so that's just not going to happen. But when the reason is because "DM placement is bad", I do wonder, when my DM is basically never full charged because I have Reaper hunting me down (and am dealing with him accordingly), and have close to as much damage soaked in 1 and a half rounds as I do in an average match, I fail to see how much switching to Rein would help anyway. So, I went Sombra and fucked about hacking their tanks and healers; their Rein switched to DVa (even more juicy for hacks), and I comboed EMP with Bastions ult to actually turn the match, and ultimately win it.

Almost regret being so successful with her, seeing "you lost us the match" followed immediately by "TEAM KILL!", "Objective secured" was quite something. Bellend.

Also, they need to fix the shitty moon map. Always goes to at least 4 rounds, and normally ends in a draw.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2017-07-09 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Just had the worst guy on the internet come on VC just to berate me, with a lot of swearing to switch off D.Va and play Reinhardt. Now, I am horrible with Reinhardt, particularly on KotH maps; so that's just not going to happen. But when the reason is because "DM placement is bad", I do wonder, when my DM is basically never full charged because I have Reaper hunting me down (and am dealing with him accordingly), and have close to as much damage soaked in 1 and a half rounds as I do in an average match, I fail to see how much switching to Rein would help anyway. So, I went Sombra and fucked about hacking their tanks and healers; their Rein switched to DVa (even more juicy for hacks), and I comboed EMP with Bastions ult to actually turn the match, and ultimately win it.

Almost regret being so successful with her, seeing "you lost us the match" followed immediately by "TEAM KILL!", "Objective secured" was quite something. Bellend.

Also, they need to fix the shitty moon map. Always goes to at least 4 rounds, and normally ends in a draw.
    Report that scum and kindly ask the others to do it as well, mute the harrasser before he has time to throw more salt on you (but I guess you already did so). Some people just can't keep their rage to themself...Jeez, there's a PERSON on the other side of the screen.

Congratulations on winning the game !
    Being bad is the first step to gittin gud, before anyone was gud, they were bad. Not everyone is as equally skilled at the start but everyone can learn to git gud. - Ythisens

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A-sayo View Post
    Report that scum and kindly ask the others to do it as well, mute the harrasser before he has time to throw more salt on you (but I guess you already did so). Some people just can't keep their rage to themself...Jeez, there's a PERSON on the other side of the screen.

Congratulations on winning the game !
    Of course I reported him, for that and his lengthy tirade that continued in text, which I then blocked him from. I just dropped VC since no one was talking anyway. The win also broke 2200 again from such an awful week of losses, and I'm getting back to a positive win rate as well. I accept I can get sweary but I try to focus on the actual problem, and never get personal.

I also did have literally the worst game ever earlier too; got rolled by Pharah, so our DPS switched to heroes that couldn't even hit her.

That's my one bugbear with Pharah, people just not dealing with her. You ignore any other hero in the game, you get much the same problem, but with Pharah it seems magnified by this exponential unwillingness to even try. Genji and Tracer often evoke similar "not my job" responses from people, with similar results - they dominate the game and no one can do anything; but it's another level with Pharah.

I also did have literally the worst game ever earlier too; got rolled by Pharah, so our DPS switched to heroes that couldn't even hit her.

That's my one bugbear with Pharah, people just not dealing with her. You ignore any other hero in the game, you get much the same problem, but with Pharah it seems magnified by this exponential unwillingness to even try. Genji and Tracer often evoke similar "not my job" responses from people, with similar results - they dominate the game and no one can do anything; but it's another level with Pharah.
    And it gets even worse when Mercy is pocketting her. I wish there was a Zen to discord them when that happen...Even more reasons to practice Mcclick ! Aren't the US/Aus/Nz in holidays right now ?

And it gets even worse when Mercy is pocketting her. I wish there was a Zen to discord them when that happen...Even more reasons to practice Mcclick ! Aren't the US/Aus/Nz in holidays right now ?
    I don't mind Pharmercy combos much anymore. Most games I'm in it isn't very prominent as Mercy doesn't have the same air mobility and is much easier to pick out of the sky. Few good kills or hits on her and she's too scared to do it as often. Only took the playerbase about a year to learn that. Pharah really does become less of a hassle without Mercy on her, but you also need to be decent at shooting her or have teammates who are. The real tricky part is finding a decent mid range as 76 or McCree, even Bastion, as you can avoid most of her rockets while hitting her with return fire. It's when she gets in your face that she's a bit more problematic. Pharah is just like any other hero though, good with people that know how to use her and the layout of the maps, terrible for those that aren't, and usually irrelevant on Plat/Master rated games. Zen definitely helps, but the problem with Zen is that people playing him should be very vocal and just choose not to be (I'm even guilty of this at times). Calling out Discord targets so people know who to focus is amazing, but if you just throw them on Pharah or Lucio or whoever, and no one targets them it's just wasted.

I've been trying Doom out on the ptr, mostly in doom on doom matches because the chance of locking in this guy in a regular match anytime before 3 weeks into his official release is going to be hard, and I have to say that the majority of players are really going to suck at him. Yes they are going to get the occaisional rocketpunch kill but for the most part if you don't have good spacial sense in the virtual game you are just going to be wasting your time. A lot of the time they are going to charge up a rocket punch and prepare to layeth the smack down but the enemy will go around a corner and they are going to mistime their hits so they just punch the corner. Your leaps have to be on, your uppercuts have to be on and you have to have knuckle shots when you need them or you are going to be standing there with no buttons to push.

There will be rocketpunch kills mostly like a bad hanzo can still one shot people with scatter arrows but the real test will be if Doom can get multiple kills in one life by using his other abilities to make kills or to escape to high ground to return for more kills on the same life. Life for life isn't going to cut it, you are going to need 2 or 3 kills per life to make doomfist even worth it because he has to be in it to win it. Other heroes can be the workhorse by spreading damage around at some kind of range but Doom has to be front and center and killing people to be worth his position on the team.

I just don't see a lot of people having the spacial awareness to pull all of his combos off. Those guys who can use Genji's ult to kill 6 people who are spread out because they have excellent spacial awareness are going to be big winners with Doomfist, the rest.... not so much.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

I'm pretty sure you know by now, no matter how well you're actually doing, someone will find some way to blame you.

Had some guy in placement matches yell at me for my Zarya ult (That caught 4 people mind you) because I "didn't wait for him like he said".

Oh, I'm sorry I couldn't hear you when you and all your friends are screaming orders into the mic all at once and even screaming just random topics.

I have finally figured out how to counter the scatter arrow, I turn a corner and I see Hanzo so I quickly jump aside the door, then a soldier 76 from my team barrels past me into the hallway to eat the arrow and then I step past his corpse to clean up the Hanzo.... True Story.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry I couldn't hear you when you and all your friends are screaming orders into the mic all at once and even screaming just random topics.
    That's so damn annoying. People should seriously learn to use the voice chat properly. Nobody wants to hear someones life story there during a fucking team fight. Use it to win the bloody game by doing useful calls.

As indeed was Roadhog, when very often there was a better tank or DPS to take his place. I've literally never played Roadhog, but what they did to him, and more importantly why, is just not acceptable.
    What's wrong with the new Roadhog? I see more people talking about him lately. Personally I like him more to play than before, he has 5 shots now and you can shoot them way faster. The only thing that isn't working anymore is the guaranteed hook kill. Well, that's not exactly true. Most of the time your team sees it when you hook someone and after you shot it they only need to "tickle" the enemy player to kill it. I played Road for some games now and they were good games. The only bad side he has it that he is a bullit sponge a.k.a. ultimate charger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptar View Post
    What's wrong with the new Roadhog?
    You answered it already yourself. Lack of guaranteed hook kill. Without it he's just a sub par bullet sponge. Yea, he shoots faster now, but for less damage. His overall DPS is actually lower than before.

He can still work, especially on lower ranks, but higher you get the worse picks he's going to be over other tanks.

The only things roadhog does now is pull someone into your group for your group to kill, pull people into holes/cliffs and if the enemy team is clustered in a small space like the lighthouse control point you can spam right clicks and do a lot of damage to everyone in there while leaning in and out of the doorway.

The reason he was used in high end games was to start a team fight from a flank and instagib an enemy, hopefully the healer, making the start of the fight a 5 v. 6 which would then snowball from there. He can't flank one shot anymore so he is practically dead for his purpose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Definitely back on winning form 6-4 tonight. Still on a very slight positive SR gain from 50-50s but by Gods it'd be painfully slow to progress upward!

My second Gold Weapon crept up on me too, got it for D.Va, was sorely tempted to get Sombra's; but I have over 200 hours D.Va now so just made more sense.

Apparently also I'm a shit healer, which to be fair I'm not great at it; but then when you have half the team diving and the other half slacking on the choke and you end up caught in the middle because those not sticking with the tanks, I don't think even the best healer would be able to keep everyone up. Either way, there's no come back for them when they rage like this and all you say is "I know. That's why I locked tank but, no one else would go heals..."

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, last night I had to ask two healers to heal. One was a Mercy who claimed to be "battle Mercy". Did no healing, and got offended when we asked them to heal.

Second was a Lucio who I outhealed as Soldier, so I'm assuming he wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Oh, last night I had to ask two healers to heal. One was a Mercy who claimed to be "battle Mercy". Did no healing, and got offended when we asked them to heal.

Second was a Lucio who I outhealed as Soldier, so I'm assuming he wasn't.
    It wasn't in comp...right ? o.o

10+ Year Old Account
    It wasn't in comp...right ? o.o
    No. I've heard comp is toxic. Don't really feel like trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No. I've heard comp is toxic. Don't really feel like trying.
    Meh, you are going to find toxic no matter what mode you play in. If people talk shit about you then block them. If they type shit about you then block them. Ultimately grow a pair, put on a thick coat and stop letting random people on the internet affect how you feel.