What is C9 and why is it an insult?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    What is C9 and why is it an insult?
    Cloud 9 are a professional team, the insult C9 comes from their losing a number of high profile games by forgetting about the Objective, by running off to get kills or sticking to high ground instead of contesting. So if you lose a match in similar circumstances, that is what people will say, that it was a C9.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Cloud 9 are a professional team, the insult C9 comes from their losing a number of high profile games by forgetting about the Objective, by running off to get kills or sticking to high ground instead of contesting. So if you lose a match in similar circumstances, that is what people will say, that it was a C9.
    Ah, so almost everyone I've gone against has used it wrong and shows little intelligence, just thinking it's an insult. Got it.
    I've played multiple games where people say that and it never happened.
    Kind of funny now that I know what it means.

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    It is very east to climb to masters from bronze playing only Hanzo, Soldier and Tracer.
    But then my team would be tankless or healerless.

Still don't understand how the SR system works. My friend's main account has always been in the 2500ish range for the few seasons he's played. I have consistently been 3000-3300. I did my placements with him this season and obviously placed lower (2800) because our average SR was around 2500-2600 each match. We could not for the life of us get out of plat over the course of three weeks - pretty much both ended up hovering around 2600 SR. We both have alt accounts and did placements on those solo and both ended up around 3100. I started solo queuing on my main account and was able to get it back up to 3000 relatively easy. I don't know why it seems harder to rank up when queuing with others (with even just one or two people) as opposed to solo. Games in the plat/gold range seem so much more frustrating than in diamond - I know there's going to be throwers/toxic people in each tier, but it seems so much worse in that bracket.

Also, is it me or do games always get so SO much worse at the end of the season? Barring the flip from my good games being in the morning and afternoon to being evening and late night for some reason, every game I go into lately is just filed with people who proclaim it is QP, refuse to swap to anything other than damage, tell everyone how they should play when refusing themselves, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlebeard View Post
    I play neither of those, only Lucio or Mercy.

And I have gotten gold damage as Lucio, so lets just say I think I'm cursed. I find the worst teams you can possibly imagine. After 8 losses in a row now I dropped down to 2,6k rating, so i have to stop playing this season
    lol i believe it

when people are throwing games i talk shit to them the entire time and and beat them at DPS as zenyatta

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    fuck em. if you're better than everyone at your rank at playing dps then they can suck a dick

so many people are throwing anyway, you cant let these quickplay cucks get their way. fuck every single one of them, they're worse than boosters and cheaters. we're never going to get them out of competitive play if we let them think it's okay to treat competitive play like it's quick play practice mode, but with a tank and healer.

I'll take an L in any match to make that point crystal clear to these players.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2017-12-24 at 01:02 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stuck in Silver because of the horrible dumbfucks I get paired with.

Like a Genji who refuses to ult when it will save the game. Those are my teammates
    that keep fucking me over. Jesus christ this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    The balancing is pretty awful. Winston has no ability to regain health, he's pitted against five opponents who each have a wall to block him off, a self heal and the ability to completely freeze him in place. It's not impossible but the odds are tipped in the favour of Mei's team every time.
    No it's not you bads lol.

You literally just leap away collecting meat until your ult is up and then kill 1-2 Meis and then spawn camp. If you're cornered, jump off a cliff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post

Like a Genji who refuses to ult when it will save the game. Those are my teammates
    well i mean yeah

silver and genji was all you had to say fam. i feel like there's wayyyyy too many quick players and smurfs playing competitive during the daytime, especially with it being the christmas holiday. right about now (12AM EST) would probably be a good time to start grinding. even if i don't win a whole lot, i generally find that time of day to just have better and more genuine matchmaking.

God I love this game. Get shit talked by a teammate saying that damageisnt getting any kills, yet I would get 1-2 picks every time I got to choke and we couldn't capitilize on it. Falls apart after 2 minutes, people going in 4v6. Ask to group up. No one does.
    Next round, healer still talks shit and states he won't heal next round and picks 76. I go tank. Finish game with the most picks. It's like, why do people bitch and act like they are so much better and suck at what they demand to play?
    Next game I start Junk, we hold Hanamura until overtime. Next round I go Widow, make a couple picks. After about a minute, I get 4 in a row, use Ult, team on point while enemy Pharah staying out of my sight. I tell them she's comingbehine them onto point, I get another pick and drop a tank low running to point, enemy Pharah floats inand Ults my team. I get yelled at that I'm a terrible Widow and that everyone needs to report me for poor teamwork.
    Guy ask other team to report me for throwing and we get a few responses that I was actually putting in work as Widow. Felt nice.
    Next game, I went against the guy that was trash talking me and he seemed to be gunning for me the whole time. Either way, he only got 2 kills on me to my 10 against him. That felt good too lol.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-12-24 at 07:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    awesome just didn't get any SR for my win

Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Honestly the Silver/Gold/Platinum players who claim they are like mid Masters level should easily be able to climb without tanks if they are as good as they claim.

The only thing you somewhat need is a single healer which from my experience does tend to get picked even at lower ranks.

If you're good at both Tracer/Soldier you pretty much need nothing but 5 warm bodies on your team and you'll get to Diamond+ naturally.

It is not just them, it is you too. A good player can climb from any low elo to masters if they can play a dps well, though you might get stuck in diamond for a couple of hours.
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2017-12-24 at 01:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    It is not just them, it is you too. A good player can climb from any low elo to masters if they can play a dps well, though you might get stuck in diamond for a couple of hours.
    Yeah, you must be new here. Otherwise you'd know that is a completely 100% invalid argument.

Yeah, you must be new here. Otherwise you'd know that is a completely 100% invalid argument.
    It is the truth whether you like it or not.

Don't tilt and focus on how you can improve. Aim, positioning, situational awareness, shotcalling for your team, keeping your team from tilting at each other.

Deleted
    Stuck in silver? You belong there.

Can probably 1v6 a team of Silvers.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    It is the truth whether you like it or not.
    No it isn't, and your ignorance is quite telling.

Don't tilt and focus on how you can improve. Aim, positioning, situational awareness, shotcalling for your team, keeping your team from tilting at each other.
    Save this advice for the players who are the dead weight to the team.

Quote Originally Posted by Marweinicus View Post
    Considering how for the past couple of seasons I was nowhere near Silver Rank, no,
    I don't think I do. Thanks for playing.

No you can't, don't be stupid.

Unless you're a Master or higher, you aren't doing that.

Oh sweet summer child.

No it isn't, and your ignorance is quite telling.
    I have never been stuck anywhere, except for diamond.. for a couple of days and that was because I was being toxic as fuck and playing poorly too.
    Save this advice for the players who are the dead weight to the team.
    This advice is applicable to literally every overwatch player, because everyone can always do something better.
    Considering how for the past couple of seasons I was nowhere near Silver Rank, no,
    The community is improving as a whole, silver players are better than they were a year ago. Chances are you do belong in silver.

Look how toxic you are being even outside of the game, I bet you tilt every team you get before the game even starts.

Go to 1:20
    Last edited by Speaknoevil; 2017-12-24 at 02:17 PM.