Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Canada, not even once.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Canada, not even once.
    I know a guy who smoked 3 Canadas and he lost his job and his wife left him.

I think it's just a more inclusive definition of their already existing anti-hate speech laws in Canada. Just expanding it to gender according to some articles.

Sounds about right for Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think it's just a more inclusive definition of their already existing anti-hate speech laws in Canada. Just expanding it to gender according to some articles.
    Yes, that's exactly what it is.

Deleted
    How the mighty have fallen. Science and facts should always trump emotions.

This thread needs Tennisface.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Can you get an avatar that doesn't have text so small as to be unreadable?
    No. He'd probably get an infraction for the text if it was readable.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by CMartel View Post
    Side note, am I the only one creeped out by someone calling themselves the “Minister of Justice?” I guess one can put “minister” in front of anything these days. Still, the image calls to mind a famous, dark-hooded figure carrying a scythe.
    All of our senior government officials are Ministers, and each is in charge of the government portfolio they are Minister of. Minister of Environment, Minister of Justice, Minister of Defence, etc. You know, just like the British system we descended from?

Idiot.

Infracted - minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-05-24 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    A phobia is an irrational fear. Stop being irrational and fearful instead of going to jail ezpz.
    Calling something a phobia doesn't make it so though. Nowhere EVER on the internet where I have seen somebody called a homophobe or transphobe or whatever has a person been expressing actual fear towards homosexual or tranny people, but rather simply disapproving of them. The idea that this is somehow treated as a 'phobia' on par with actual phobias is ludicrous.

So its just an addition to a series of law that tramples on free speech according to biased political agendas? Ok...
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

Quote Originally Posted by Cherise View Post
    How the mighty have fallen. Science and facts should always trump emotions.
    Um, you realize it's science that allows people to change genders right?

But Canada? They saw that as a challenge and are going with a 2-3 year jail sentence.
    Citing the need to make transgender people “feel safe and secure in who they are,” Canada’s Minister of Justice Jody Wilson-Raybould introduced legislation Tuesday that would prohibit discrimination on the basis of “gender identity” or “gender expression” and make anti-transgender “hate propaganda” punishable by up to two years in prison.
    So the story starts off saying 2-3 year jail sentence, but then when they finally get to the actual Minister it is "up to two years", meaning a maximum of two for the worst case. Exaggeration much?

http://louderwithcrowder.com/canada-.../#.V0ThrpDmqUl
    Side note, am I the only one creeped out by someone calling themselves the “Minister of Justice?” I guess one can put “minister” in front of anything these days.
    Welcome to Canada. The US calls their department heads Secretary, we call ours Minister.

Quote Originally Posted by Nelinrah View Post
    Um, you realize it's science that allows people to change genders right?
    A. People don't change genders by simply removing their genitals or taking hormones.
    B. Science is what allows us to know that people can't change their 'gender' by simply removing their genitals or taking hormones, because with science we know what sex is, and we know that a conflict between the brain and body is known as a disorder; gender dysphoria.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

7+ Year Old Account
    Canada needs free speech activists. Assuming that's not illegal as well.

how dose Canada define hate speech? not examples but the actual definition?

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    how dose Canada define hate speech? not examples but the actual definition?
    The same way any other nation that makes 'hate speech' illegal would define hate speech: "Speech that we don't like against politically correct groups only."

Quote Originally Posted by spinner981 View Post
    So its just an addition to a series of law that tramples on free speech according to biased political agendas? Ok...
    According to what I found online it's just an anti-hate speech law. So it's not actually a matter of free speech- free speech has never allowed one to say whatever they want in any manner (at least in the US). This is just a more consistent application of the law that has existed for years in Canada apparently.

I don't believe transgender identity is a thing. I believe we are born with a biologically assigned gender which cannot be changed.

VS.

I believe transgender folk are just perverted sinful kiddyfuckers, who just want to get into bathrooms to abuse little children, they are all perverts, rapists and they will cause God kill the human race. And I want laws passed to ban these people from public spaces.

The first version nobody gives a shit about. Yes you are an ignorant fool, but you are entitled to that. The second is an altogether different thing.

Keep your fake outrage and stop being an ignorant bigot. You will live a much happier life.

What always confused me is where do conservatives find the time and mental capacity to obsesses over other folks sex lives or gender identity?

I'm a straight dude, never gave fuck about what gay guys are into. Never had time, nor was I ever interested. You do you, I do my stuff, beyond that I'm too busy to care.

Same for transfolk. Your issues, your struggle, from what I know, it's difficult for you, so let me get out of your way, if I can make your life a bit easier. Beyond that I don't have time or mental space to obsesses over this issue.

Why do everything sex related makes conservatives so uncomfortable? Are you bothered by your own shortcomings? Or is it some repressed urges that you are trying to disguise under this hyper-macho bullshit attitude?

According to what I found online it's just an anti-hate speech law. So it's not actually a matter of free speech- free speech has never allowed one to say whatever they want in any manner (at least in the US). This is just a more consistent application of the law that has existed for years in Canada apparently.
    Is it now where we start talking about shouting "Gun!" on an airplane or "Fire!" in a movie theater, examples that really have no valid comparison to merely speaking against various political agendas?

I hope this will at least get some bigots to actually believe in biology.