Frost and Arcane still need new spell animations and fantasy

Arcane Explosion's animation is downright ugly as fuck.
    Arcane Missiles is heavily outdated and there are animations in Diablo that already use the HD variant of it!
    Arcane Blast is the WORST of all of them. Its ugly, outdated and heavily uninspiring considering its 2016. Seriously? Its just a blue orb over your hands and poof! An arcane decal appears over the target that you'll barely notice! THIS is how Arcane blast should be

Frostbolt is so outdated. Give it the look of comet storm and change the color to a darker blue.
    Frost gets the best looking staff out of all the artifacts and we're stuck with ugly ass animations.

I love fire animation rehaul, give the same love to the other specs. When you kill someone with Arcane Barrage, make it so their corpse turns to purple dust. If you kill someone with Frostbolt or w.e, make their corpse frozen in place! These little things give the specs fantasy and life! Have snow flurries raining down around the Mage after constantly using a massive amount of frost spells!
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Eh, worst thing about Arcane Blast is the sound, you know, that swirling sound that basically every arcane spell has,- it's fucking torture.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I must admit that for legion i tend towards playing fire, even though i very much like the mechanics of the arcane spec. It could definitely use some love, so that the player gets an immediate response of using the spells other than numbers appearing.
    Maybe also give Arcane Power some swirly or more crackling effects, just to look cooler?

No personal interest in frost, although the same point seems to be valid.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know if it's a bug or not, but the new Supernova animation is gigantic
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Deleted
    +blizzard, look like falling crystals not blizzard
    +icebarrier, old 2d model
    +arcane power, vanilla ele shaman animations

I wish devs took a que from Arcane Missiles visuals in Diablo. Not only WoW AM visuals are outdated, but coming out one point to diverge and converge again on a target looks bad

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tomiaa View Post
    +blizzard, look like falling crystals not blizzard
    +icebarrier, old 2d model
    +arcane power, vanilla ele shaman animations
    I doubt this shield will be updated. Paladin and Priest also have 2d shields and they are not changes with update as far as I saw in alpha videos

Deleted
    kinda unfair meele got new animations and we have the same old casting crap, should have utilitized atleast the artifacts for some casting animations.

Deleted
    Arcane Aberrations and Arcane Shot looks so bad with the new 6.2 models. I hate it when rogues have more flashy spells than us mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire looks great. Pity about Arcane.

Quote Originally Posted by Haekke View Post
    Arcane Aberrations and Arcane Shot looks so bad with the new 6.2 models. I hate it when rogues have more flashy spells than us mages.
    Don't remind me (btw even warriors probably).

It would be nice if arcane could have a glyph to use the new purplish spell effects Khadgar uses.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    It would be nice if arcane could have a glyph to use the new purplish spell effects Khadgar uses.
    At the movie or at the game?

At the film
    Spoiler: 

At the game
    Spoiler: 
    Last edited by Northem; 2016-05-27 at 05:44 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Agreed, arcane need MUCH more flash. I was so disappointed with WoD arcane orb.... Something that looks like it should be the hardest hitting ability, but its more like a big fluffy purple bowling ball that builds your charges. You might as well put a smiling face on it. -_- I want arcane to sound and look like it hits hard, like it does in d3. Way to fluffy and soft right now, in sound and appearance.

Arcane actually looks pretty cool, but most of the "flash" is on your target.

It's pretty much just Arcane and Shadow Priests left that are still using Vanilla animations and have an important rotational spell that literally has no effect at all.

Deleted
    It's fun that something as powerful as a 4XAC Arcane Blast full of procs and effects has such a little indication that does damage other than an enormous reduction of the enemy's HP bar. That arcane art is more fun in PvP. "Wait what happened, where did my health go?"