Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Getting in shape for a potential job

I work from home and make 10.90 an hour at a call center for 3 years and I've been working out trying to get in shape for a position at a Walmart distribution center. I'm currently at 264 pounds having lost 8 pounds in the last few weeks mostly doing cardio and watching what I eat and planned on applying once I hit the 220/230 area.

However, today they announced they are hiring a TL for the project. I'm not very social and haven't enjoyed the work for some time now and I have a friend who works at the DC saying that its hard work but they don't have to deal with customers and generally don't talk to each other. Starting pay is 17 but I have to pass a PAT so I plan on applying in a few months after I get in shape while I don't know the starting for the TL position. With me being the way I am should I take a shot at the TL position or should I continue to work out and become physically fit to work at the DC?

How tall are you?

I don't know what TL means. Is that also for the distribution center?

5 foot 8, Team Lead

If you plan on taking team lead just take the test for the distribution center now to see if you can pass.

Unfortunately I don't think its possible they literally announced it today and the deadline is Friday

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I know its boring, but its the best way: long cardio, lets say 3 hours a day.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumbasta View Post
    3 hours a day of cardio is wayyy too much for a non-athletic person.

Diet and probably 30 mins of good cardio a few times a week sounds reasonable to start out with.

Wow what a load of shit. He could drop to 220 so easily by calorie counting, no need wasting 3 hrs a day.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

3 hours of cardio is bananaland. A) nobody can stick with a routine that eats up 3 hours a day and B) after the first hour or so you're probably not going to be getting much benefit at all.
    Beta Club Brosquad

Deleted
    Start lifting weights, you won't lose nearly as much weight as pure cardio, but you'll become slimmer, which is really all that matters.

Also if the deadline is friday, how do you plan on applying in a few months eh?

15+ Year Old Account
    3 hours cardio a day. Great advice. Do you run a marathon every day, too?
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    3 hours cardio a day. Great advice. Do you run a marathon every day, too?
    No i row every day, 2 hours. But i don't need to lose weigth. You start burning fat after about 1,5 hours.
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

No i row every day, 2 hours. But i don't need to lose weigth. You start burning fat after about 1,5 hours.
    This is so unbelievably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by jba252 View Post
    I work from home and make 10.90 an hour at a call center for 3 years and I've been working out trying to get in shape for a position at a Walmart distribution center. I'm currently at 264 pounds having lost 8 pounds in the last few weeks mostly doing cardio and watching what I eat and planned on applying once I hit the 220/230 area.

However, today they announced they are hiring a TL for the project. I'm not very social and haven't enjoyed the work for some time now and I have a friend who works at the DC saying that its hard work but they don't have to deal with customers and generally don't talk to each other. Starting pay is 17 but I have to pass a PAT so I plan on applying in a few months after I get in shape while I don't know the starting for the TL position. With me being the way I am should I take a shot at the TL position or should I continue to work out and become physically fit to work at the DC?
    Get in shape, then apply. But I'd say it also depends on how strict the physical requirements are. You don't wanna go for it and burn out mid test.

As for workouts, I'd recommend something like P90x. Nice, quick routines, everything laid out for you. Meal plan, work outs, minimal equipment, 90days total. All you gotta do is show up. Modify the videos, do half reps, do less weight (there are 3 routines, weight loss, basic, bulk).

I swear by it personally. I got killer results and the strength gains were fantastic.
    Last edited by Bathory; 2016-06-16 at 11:32 PM.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

This answer is exactly why you don't ask this type of question on these types of forums.

The TL position is for the job I'm currently at(not very happy with it). The DC job is the one I'm working out for to apply in a few months.

It's a 1 hour drive so I've decided not to apply to it since any pay increase would be taken away from gas. I'll continue to work out from my home hopefully in a few months I'll be ready for the job.

10+ Year Old Account
    Diet is the main thing. You can't outtrain a bad diet.

Kek. Ignore this shite.

30 minutes of HIIT, 5 times a week.
    Watch the food.

You'll be losing 2-3 pounds a week.

- - - Updated - - -

rofl.

utter bro science.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GranitXhaka34 View Post
    Wow what a load of shit. He could drop to 220 so easily by calorie counting, no need wasting 3 hrs a day.
    Calorie counting doesn't work for everyone. Some people require a great deal of work and a lean diet that works for the person which requires a bit of educating. Just cutting calories doesn't work for most.

10+ Year Old Account
    no, you start burning muscles actually.