Poll: Staying, rolling Mage or rerolling something else?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Question Poll: Are you staying Mage, rolling one or rolling away from the class come Legion?

Greetings, Mages!

Now that beta has advanced and the prepatch is on the horizon I'm interested in what players of their respective classes think about what's happening to them.

Have fun voting! I'm opening a poll like this in every class forum to get the bigger picture and plan to condense the info for future reference.

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Made my main mage on vanilla, never switched. Never will!

10+ Year Old Account
    Staying mage.

Once a fire mage, ever a fire mage!

Deleted
    Mage seems to be the class in the best shape right now in Legion. All specs feel nice to play and didnt get gutted by the whole class fantasy theme. Rerolling from shadow priest. Insanity-focused rework is nice and all, but solo play is terribly clunky and it feels too much like old Demo lock. This coupled with the fact that so many people will now roll a SP has caused me to jump ship

7+ Year Old Account
    staying mage.

Formerly known as Arafal

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Mage ha been my main since TBC, and with the way Fire is playing out, I'll absolutely still be playing mage. My guild is doing split raids, so i'll likely have dual mage. I'm loving the new visuals and the new playstyle of Fire, I just wish you could have heating up and Pyro! at the same time still
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Amaterasu65 View Post
    Made my main mage on vanilla, never switched. Never will!
    Same here, can't imagine maining anything else

Been a Fire Mage since '04, and will continue to be one in Legion.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Staying Mage. Started as a Hunter in Classic and rerolled in BC when Draenei came to Azeroth and haven't looked back for a main.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most mages play mages because they like playing mages.
    Been playing my mage since Molten Core.
    Will continue to main the mage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

I'm rerolling, not particularly because I think Mages are going to be in a bad place but just because I want to have a go at something else after playing the same class for 5 straight expansions.

It all depends on the Demon Hunter.

At first, i was SO bored of WoD and its shitty gameplay that i was almost desperate to change something in order to refresh my interst in the game and, when they announced Legion and the DH, i was like "hell yeah, there you go".

Been following the developement of Legion closely since then and, to my surprise, i like EVERYTHING they did to the Mage class, after years of almost complete immobility: we needed visual upgrades, badly, they provided; we needed more stable mechanics for fire, done; arcane needed to change, they did; rune of power had to be removed, never seen a crappier mechanic EVER, they didn't remove but they changed it so dramatically it's basically a new ability;

On the other hand, the class that renewed my excitement of the game so far did not stick to me. Visually, they are beautiful; mechanically, i am used to play ranged (and i am VERY good at it :P) and i like to be able to constantly to damage, not much into crazy bursters that are great during burst and crappy the rest of the time, and appartently the only viable spec has always been and it is also now a movement based rotation that is sitting ducks inbetween crazy amounts of heavy burst moments.

Therefor, currently i am unsure, but i voted "stick to mage" cause that's where my feeling is at the moment

I'll still level my mage as an alt, simply because it is my favorite fantasy role and I've played him since Vanilla.

The gameplay however just doesn't have the depth and engagement I am looking for in a class. All three of the specs have really turned into "Press x when y procs" as far as PvE goes.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shullski View Post
    All three of the specs have really turned into "Press x when y procs" as far as PvE goes.
    What spec hasn't?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most likely going Shadow Priest, and the PTR is just furthering my push towards that. Been a Mage for years and it was a fun time regardless. Will still probably be my second max level.
    Battletag: Vale#11596
    Armory - Twitter - Stream

i debated on maining a demon hunter. I was really interested at first but the more I'm seeing of them and the closer we're getting to Legion, the more I'm starting to realize something: Once a Mage, always a Mage. So a Mage I stay.

Now I'm just trying to decide which spec. Been messing with fire a lot on the PTR and I'm loving it.

Quote Originally Posted by tobindax View Post
    What spec hasn't?
    Many. I could go about listing them but that'd be tedious. The point is that all of the specs are exact mirrors of eachother. Cast (Fireball, Frostbolt, ABlast) until (Pyro, Ice Lance, Missiles) proc. There is hardly any real player interaction with a mage, no engagement. No real decisions to be made.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I was born a mage and I'm going to die a mage!

Mage4Ever!

Forever Mage!

The fact of being so strong and so fragil at the same time, is pure poetry!