Thread: Dirty Bomb

Dirty Bomb

Website: http://dirtybomb.nexon.net/microsite/rogue-en-vogue

Review (Dated but still good):

Platform: Steam

Cost: Free

I have near 250 hours logged in since I started playing (open beta). The game costs nothing to play, but you can purchase stuff in game, which I will explain:

Store: Credit Booster (in game currency), Load out Cards (Bronze), Elite/event Cases, Trinkets (items that hang off your primary weapons

"Is it a Pay To Win?": Honestly, no. Yes, you can drop money and get loadouts, or buy the characters without grinding, but they offer no advantage. Loadouts go: lead, iron, bronze, silver, gold, cobalt, Special Edition/Obsidian. However, a bronze card is just as strong as any of the grades above it, and are easy to farm.

"Is the title being updated constantly?": yes. As of 5/19/16 a big update was just pushed which included balancing characters out, and giving players a free case a day, as well as an event case for the merc "Aimee".

"What game is it similar to?" It feels like TF2 in many ways, but plays faster. The game allows a parkour style (players can sprint and jump off walls, many times depending on traits), and maps are large (think payload maps from tf2).

This game has been in "open beta" for like 3 years now lol

I did used to play for like 30 minutes here and there and had fun with it, but this game is a complete joke from a developer standpoint.

What game is a "beta" for that many years???? And to offer in-game purchases in a game that's not technically "fully released" is absolutely absurd.

Does it even work anymore??? I've tried playing numerous times, before and after I re-installed it and it just won't load up.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovenIt View Post
    And to offer in-game purchases in a game that's not technically "fully released" is absolutely absurd.
    No opinion on the game, as I never heard of it, but what I quoted is pretty common nowadays: Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone are just 2 examples of games which already had an ingame shop during ALPHA(!) already. So that's not too unusual, I'm sure there are more games that do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piene View Post
    No opinion on the game, as I never heard of it, but what I quoted is pretty common nowadays: Heroes of the Storm, Hearthstone are just 2 examples of games which already had an ingame shop during ALPHA(!) already. So that's not too unusual, I'm sure there are more games that do it.
    Hmmm, I never saw stuff like that in CoD, Battlefield, WoW, or other games I Beta Tested, only Alpha tested a couple games like Days of War more recently and a few others. Alpha/Beta are made to help the developer finish/fix a game before release, so it strikes me as odd that a developer would take the time and effort away from the GAME to hopefully make a few more bucks from impulsive gamers who already want extra goodies.

10+ Year Old Account
    This game has been in "open beta" for like 3 years now lol

I did used to play for like 30 minutes here and there and had fun with it, but this game is a complete joke from a developer standpoint.

What game is a "beta" for that many years???? And to offer in-game purchases in a game that's not technically "fully released" is absolutely absurd.

Does it even work anymore??? I've tried playing numerous times, before and after I re-installed it and it just won't load up.
    Star
    Citizen

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Hmmm, I never saw stuff like that in CoD, Battlefield, WoW, or other games I Beta Tested, only Alpha tested a couple games like Days of War more recently and a few others. Alpha/Beta are made to help the developer finish/fix a game before release, so it strikes me as odd that a developer would take the time and effort away from the GAME to hopefully make a few more bucks from impulsive gamers who already want extra goodies.
    Those are not f2p games. And they had only short open betas.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    Those are not f2p games. And they had only short open betas.
    well I understand they aren't F2P, and what's beta length have to do with anything??? An unfinished game in Beta, is an unfinished game Beta.

But the way Dirty Bomb looks and feels...it's Complete, but they never said "full version" -- just still has this "Beta Build" caption at the bottom of its screen and looks like there will never be any new content added.

F2P games often have lengthy open betas and they often have microtransactions in them while open betas from B2P games are short (eg: weekend) and don't have microtransactions in them. That's my thought about this.

And yeah they could release dirty bomb in that state, I honestly don't know what they are waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by Lostprophet View Post
    And yeah they could release dirty bomb in that state, I honestly don't know what they are waiting for.
    Developers of F2P games often like to hold onto "beta" tags for long periods of time to shield them in case anything goes wrong with it. It's pretty common for lower budget F2P games, especially from Asian developers/publishers, to remain in fully monetized open beta for upwards of a year+

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Developers of F2P games often like to hold onto "beta" tags for long periods of time to shield them in case anything goes wrong with it. It's pretty common for lower budget F2P games, especially from Asian developers/publishers, to remain in fully monetized open beta for upwards of a year+
    yea that'd make sense, but I mean, we're going on THREE YEARS. That's what is so crazy to me. lol -- N that's where I was saying that when you take that long, who's going to still play it if/when they finally label it a "final version"

yea that'd make sense, but I mean, we're going on THREE YEARS. That's what is so crazy to me. lol -- N that's where I was saying that when you take that long, who's going to still play it if/when they finally label it a "final version"
    Well, only 1 year of open beta in the West, started June 2015.