Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfhedinn View Post
    This is a great sign... BF3 and BF4 where both terrible at release. Connection issues, lag, glitching, hit detection, no balance of any kind... just bad. Once they got stuff fixed both games became great but it looks like they got it right with BF1 from the start.
    Won't know for sure until friday when it releases for everyone. Right now only those who pre-ordered the $80 one is playing.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Deleted
    Just came across this video so, here's a guy playing BF1 for almost four hours if someone wants some gameplay footage:

is it me, or do the artillery rounds defenders can call in rush are a tad unfair? if no targets are tagged they fall on/danger close to the objective. if target(s) are tagged, regardless of distance, they will rain on those targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Won't know for sure until friday when it releases for everyone. Right now only those who pre-ordered the $80 one is playing.
    Indeed. The beta was available a day earlier for "early enlisters" too and when it became open to everyone there were major connection issues. And it's pretty normal for such a popular game to have issues the first few days. At least there is something positive about all this early access preorder baiting, the game is being tested before I start playing and it will be less crowded on friday.

Having tons of fun atm and I really love the maps. Also runs great having everything on ultra with a 970 card.

Battle packs being random though, i usually end in the top 3 but only got one or two chests so far and I'm rank 21 or so. Could get one when you rank up atleast.

Would also love if they added soldier customization and not just weapon customization.
    Last edited by ParanoiD84; 2016-10-19 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    Can't stand this game at the moment. Have 16 hours in it and I find it so frustrating. It's literally Sniperfield1. Majority of players won't play medic due to semi auto rifles being so bad in close quarters which is where you find yourself all the time. I mean why not give medics a sub machine gun or shotgun at least? Operations are poorly designed making it near impossible to capture some points as attackers. Behemoths can turn your well played team into a point farm and cause you to lose the game. Time to kill is way to quick. They decided to not put the medic / ammo system in from hardline so you end up running around screaming for ammo and med packs yet again. I have just over 1000 hours in Bf4 and I yet I can barely break an even K/D in this. Hopefully it will be better on global release when a lot more variations of players play it but as it stands it feels like I'm playing against pros every game.

Wish I could refund this and carry on playing Bf3/4.
    Clearly you haven't played the Medic. They have the option to purchase an automatic rifle... Not the quickest firing rate but none the less its automatic and it makes a difference in the class. And, if you've played other Battlefield titles, you should know with the size of the maps, you should EXPECT there to be a ton of snipers. Learn to adjust to it. Many ways to counter snipers.

16 hours in the first 24... and already bitching. Continue playing the game and learning/adjusting. It doesn't play the same way as other BF titles. Again, if you've played other BF titles you would know that it doesn't. Adapt or Die. I'm loving this over any of the previous titles by far. The immersive factor is real in this.

Quote Originally Posted by Voisier View Post
    Can't stand this game at the moment. Have 16 hours in it and I find it so frustrating. It's literally Sniperfield1. Majority of players won't play medic due to semi auto rifles being so bad in close quarters which is where you find yourself all the time. I mean why not give medics a sub machine gun or shotgun at least? Operations are poorly designed making it near impossible to capture some points as attackers. Behemoths can turn your well played team into a point farm and cause you to lose the game. Time to kill is way to quick. They decided to not put the medic / ammo system in from hardline so you end up running around screaming for ammo and med packs yet again. I have just over 1000 hours in Bf4 and I yet I can barely break an even K/D in this. Hopefully it will be better on global release when a lot more variations of players play it but as it stands it feels like I'm playing against pros every game.

Wish I could refund this and carry on playing Bf3/4.
    That'll change as the player base improves. In my experience it's mp-18 and Lewes Gun-field. How can it be Sniperfield1 and all CQ? Like all Battlefield games, learn the maps and your engagement distances.

I recommend buying a new sidearm for a medic if you're getting crushed in CQ. Also the game seems to favour the bold, bayonet charging and melee seem to be really effective. But I find the Mondragon more than adequate in CQ.

Behemoths on operations jut require your team to kill it. Do that and you'll be fine. I don't get how you can complain about Behemoths and then about it being difficult to attack and farming a team in the same sentence, it's one or the other.

Medic and Ammo system is the same as 3/4, it works if you play with your team - which you should do anyway, again, the playerbase will learn and this will change.
    Last edited by willtron; 2016-10-20 at 12:58 PM.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been playing the trial via access. This is just like SW:Battlefront, it feels pretty much the same to me. I've also been having a lot of bugs, sometimes the screen flashing green and keeps flashing until you tab in and out. My weapon animations completely stop, my characters sounds stop. I do find the majority of my deaths from snipers. However a lot of people play medic, just they res me and I'm dead immediately after most of the time.

That said, my largest issue is the textures DICE uses these days. Players melt into the terrain so easy and I just can't see anyone, I had this same issue in battlefront. Unfortunately there just isn't anything I can do about it. It is the largest thing that keeps me from playing.

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I've been playing the trial via access. This is just like SW:Battlefront, it feels pretty much the same to me. I've also been having a lot of bugs, sometimes the screen flashing green and keeps flashing until you tab in and out. My weapon animations completely stop, my characters sounds stop. I do find the majority of my deaths from snipers. However a lot of people play medic, just they res me and I'm dead immediately after most of the time.

That said, my largest issue is the textures DICE uses these days. Players melt into the terrain so easy and I just can't see anyone, I had this same issue in battlefront. Unfortunately there just isn't anything I can do about it. It is the largest thing that keeps me from playing.
    Are you playing on console? i dont have any problem seeing enemys on my pc screen but i know when i played on my big tv i had problems seeing people to on older bf games. could be as you sit farther away.

And there is some bugs where you get stuck in loading animations and animations in general.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Are you playing on console? i dont have any problem seeing enemys on my pc screen but i know when i played on my big tv i had problems seeing people to on older bf games. could be as you sit farther away.

And there is some bugs where you get stuck in loading animations and animations in general.
    Its hard to tab in and out on a console.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean its semi realistic regarding camouflage and fatigue colour?

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Its hard to tab in and out on a console.

- - - Updated - - -

Hehe yeah maby i need glasses

Does anyone have a similar build to me / know if it would run decent on say medium settings?

i5 3570k @ 4ghz
    jetstream gtx 670 2gb
    z77 mobo
    16gb corsair ram
    850w psu

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    I was watching youtube videos and people were sniping what to me looked like terrain texture and getting kills. Paused it and couldn't find who they were shooting even though I knew where they were shooting.

Ever see those 3D magic books, they were kinda big in the 90s? If you have monovision(which I do) you won't see the hidden image. It is kind of like that with the game, I can't see what others can even when they point it out. Whether or not monovision or something else is playing a role, I don't know.

I just know I have some sort of uncontrollable limitation with realistic style gaming that has been getting worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by xStevooo View Post
    Does anyone have a similar build to me / know if it would run decent on say medium settings?

i5 3570k @ 4ghz
    jetstream gtx 670 2gb
    z77 mobo
    16gb corsair ram
    850w psu

Thanks
    At 1080p, you'll be fine. I have the same CPU, ram but have a R9 290 at 1440p on high+ and I run fairly smooth.

This game is so much fun to play but it's full with bugs, literally full. If you can deal with little annoying bugs then you will have a blast. Too bad I am experience a major bug on PS4. All the scout class weapons, the flametrooper and tank hunter are not firing. I basically can't play with the scout class and half of the 'hero pickups'. Can't believe that made it to live really, so gamebreaking.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post

Behemoths on operations jut require your team to kill it. Do that and you'll be fine. I don't get how you can complain about Behemoths and then about it being difficult to attack and farming a team in the same sentence, it's one or the other.
    I saw others complain about them being overpowered also while it's easy to destroy if your team actually attacks it.

This could just be me not finding any appropriate settings but i hope they implement a way to just go straight to the deployment screen/class selection screen after
    you die, it gets somewhat tedious holding down the space bar after every single death.

There also doesn`t appear to be a way to cancel the matchmaking process after a game is over, i have to wait until i`m put into another matchmade game before i can quit.

Deleted
    The game is fun, especially the operations which I'm most likely going to play 24/7.

But is anyone else having problems with Medic guns? They are inaccurate as *fuck* man. It's probably due to supression or something, but it feels worse than in BF3.

edit: Played some more and I'm still not satisfied with the medic guns. They just don't hit.
    The MP is still so much fun, but I played through the SP and tbh. That was by far the worst SP I've played in the battlefield franchise.
    Last edited by mmoc96d9238e4b; 2016-10-22 at 08:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post
    The game is fun, especially the operations which I'm most likely going to play 24/7.

But is anyone else having problems with Medic guns? They are inaccurate as *fuck* man. It's probably due to supression or something, but it feels worse than in BF3.

edit: Played some more and I'm still not satisfied with the medic guns. They just don't hit.
    The MP is still so much fun, but I played through the SP and tbh. That was by far the worst SP I've played in the battlefield franchise.
    I forgot the name of it, but it's the .22 extended mag towards the bottom of the list. Thing has 16 shots and is balls on accurate. It hits weak (15-25 a shot, 35 for head) but you can dump the mag fast.

After 48 hours logged, I LOVE THIS!

I took a plane out with a damn cannon and an anti-tank gun. That alone to me felt accomplishing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    This could just be me not finding any appropriate settings but i hope they implement a way to just go straight to the deployment screen/class selection screen after
    you die, it gets somewhat tedious holding down the space bar after every single death.

There also doesn`t appear to be a way to cancel the matchmaking process after a game is over, i have to wait until i`m put into another matchmade game before i can quit.

having to wait after the game is over is ridicilous and stupid, you don't have to hold down the spacebar though, in fact you shouldn't because you cancel a possible revive. Just wait and you have to press spacebar only once. It would still be better if the whole process would be automatic.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZee View Post

I play on PS4 and I don't have any problems with the medic class weapons. They are actually pretty good.

The long range MGs with scopes and/or big magazines for the support class on the other hand feel really weak. I can put 4-5 rounds into someone and suppress them with another 10-30 rounds and they will just pop up from behind cover again and snipe me. They either need to be a little stronger or give more suppression, especially when the gun is called 'suppressor'. The other MGs suited more for close quarters or medium range are fine.

Operations are indeed fun! Except for, so far in my experience, Monte Grappa. Pro tip when you defend on that map: forget the first two sectors and at the third and fourth just camp with your whole team in the bunkers and spam grenades at the entrances (incendiary and gas grenades are the best). It's near impossible to break in and you just hold the flag. Even if the attackers have more people on the flag and cap it they can't hold it AND cap the other flags, or at least it makes it A LOT harder. It also cancels out the Behemoth airship because it can't hit you.
    It's clearly unbalanced and not fun to play like that.

Deleted
    I don't want to spoil anything, I just want to say, the single player is brutal in many ways... I did not expected such level of drama in a game.