Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Legion] How do you feel about Haati?

For those who do not know, in Legion, all BM have a mandatory pet: Haati the thunder wolf.

Was mostly wondering what peoples opinions on this were.

Personally, I find it odd. Pets are a big thing for hunters, BM especially who got their own selection of "exotic pets". And in Legion they may be getting this new unique thunder wolf, but they have also no choice in the matter.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Not as opposed now that it was updated. If they can get it to be as responsive as a normal pet, then it'll be good. I'm not really a fan of having tons of pets, but it can work and be cool

hes a cutie 3.14
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

I'm excited. BM was always my go to spec and I'm digging the direction they're going with it. Now that I know Hati is meant to basically just be a second pet you control exactly the same way, I'm even more excited (they said if she's not acting this way it's a bug).

Wish the Artifact for BM wasn't a gun, but meh, I can always transmog over it if the model REALLY bothers me that much.

I like the model quite a bit, but my problem with it is related to my issue with the BM ability/class 'fantasy' rework- Blizzard doesn't seem to think that a powerful bond with a few animals that you yourself have deliberately chosen is as important to the 'fantasy' of BM as I think it is. My draw to BM as a spec, as far as 'fantasy' goes, is having a close, meaningful, personal bond with my chosen pets. Having a mandatory pet forced on us, along with the increased reliance on random summons, doesn't really fit with my long-standing concept of BM.

I still hold the unpopular opinion that the Draenor wolf models are hideous, disproportionate abominations, but I think much of that comes from their insessant use of the crouched-down animation rig instead of the upright one used by mounts and worgs. This new Legion model looks to be much better than the Draenor wolves, but I'm still not the biggest fan.

I was kind of hopeful they'd make effort to have Hati match Skoll but this doesn't look to be the case, which makes me concerned that they're going to "update" Skoll too and ruin him.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    I like the model quite a bit, but my problem with it is related to my issue with the BM ability/class 'fantasy' rework- Blizzard doesn't seem to think that a powerful bond with a few animals that you yourself have deliberately chosen is as important to the 'fantasy' of BM as I think it is. My draw to BM as a spec, as far as 'fantasy' goes, is having a close, meaningful, personal bond with my chosen pets. Having a mandatory pet forced on us, along with the increased reliance on random summons, doesn't really fit with my long-standing concept of BM.
    Since MM was made no pet, I wish they'd just make Surv be able to tame all pet breeds.

As it stands, its the spec to go if you want to feel bonded to particular pets since you only have the one at a time, and you fight right along side it.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Since MM was made no pet, I wish they'd just make Surv be able to tame all pet breeds.

As it stands, its the spec to go if you want to feel bonded to particular pets since you only have the one at a time, and you fight right along side it.
    Yeah, exactly. There really feels like a disconnect to me, like BM should have gone the melee, fight-side-by-side-with-your-companion style, with some of the new melee Surv abilities, along with some of the classic BM fare like KC and BW, while Surv should be the one with the random, hit-and-run wild animals and traps and grenades. The anything-goes survivalist.

And in Legion they may be getting this new unique thunder wolf, but they have also no choice in the matter.
    really no different to how every spec has no choice in their weapon type.

just glad it's an additional pet and there's some form of customization.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    really no different to how every spec has no choice in their weapon type.

just glad it's an additional pet and there's some form of customization.
    They can still transmog those to something else.

Take Surival. They may only be able to use two handed weapons, but they can mog to spears, axes, or swords.

Haati is a magical lightning wolf no matter what.

Unless we luck out and the alternate skins for gun change that. I mean, they are animal themed.

I feel like Haati's eyes are a bit too wide apart for a wolf-like creature and that region a bit too 'spherical'. So I made quick fix.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The Newt View Post
    I feel like Haati's eyes are a bit too wide apart for a wolf-like creature and that region a bit too 'spherical'. So I made quick fix.

I agree, I think they look a little derpy. I like your fix better.
    "Love all, trust a few,do wrong to none."

The width of the head/muzzle has always looked really feline to me, like a lion or tiger, especially coupled with that crouchy, catlike posture. It's amazing how much just simply moving the eyes closer together helps cut back on the kittyface. Very nice!

idk ~ I'm really into lore and knowing why my hunter has the pets he does. Is there a good story behind Haati?

Right now I love using stampede and seeing my full stable of spirit beasts show up - all spiritual guardians awarded to me by various loa I've done favors for. Dire Beast, on the other hand, was so goofy I had to spec out of it. I was getting hyenas on the bottom of the ocean and other ridiculous stuff - doesn't Blizz even try to make the special effects appropriate?

So how I feel about Haati will depend on how they fit him (?) into the story.

As for the model, I like it better than Skoll the Lightning Wolf (looks too gaunt and wicked for my tastes - like some sort of cursed wolf rather than a healthy predator), but not as much as Lo'gosh/Goldrinn (looks more like a healthy predator). He looks like he is hunkered down in combat. Is he stuck that way, or can he ever relax?

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    idk ~ I'm really into lore and knowing why my hunter has the pets he does. Is there a good story behind Haati?

Right now I love using stampede and seeing my full stable of spirit beasts show up - all spiritual guardians awarded to me by various loa I've done favors for. Dire Beast, on the other hand, was so goofy I had to spec out of it. I was getting hyenas on the bottom of the ocean and other ridiculous stuff - doesn't Blizz even try to make the special effects appropriate?

So how I feel about Haati will depend on how they fit him (?) into the story.

As for the model, I like it better than Skoll the Lightning Wolf (looks too gaunt and wicked for my tastes - like some sort of cursed wolf rather than a healthy predator), but not as much as Lo'gosh/Goldrinn (looks more like a healthy predator). He looks like he is hunkered down in combat. Is he stuck that way, or can he ever relax?
    He's the guardian of the artifact.

Thats pretty much it.

He's the guardian of the artifact.

Thats pretty much it.
    I guess I'd have to see what comes up in the artifact quest line. What about his posture? Is he stuck that way, or is he more animated?

I'm really confused now that I know Titanstrike was crafted by Mimiron. How did Haati end up attached to it? Is Haati a real wolf, a wolf spirit, or just some technological wolf-like projection?

I like the idea of a second pet but I hate the model for Hati, it's face makes it look like it's been stung by a bug and swelled up.

If we're forced to use that model I'll probably be going MM.

Deleted
    I love the model, I always run with my spirit coyote anyway and the paler blue Hati will be a prefect addition to both him and my transmog

Having said that I think they should maybe offer different animal options as other people may not like wolves as much as I do. Maybe a choice between Wolf, Cat, Stag and Bear?

Quote Originally Posted by DarklingThrush View Post
    I'm really confused now that I know Titanstrike was crafted by Mimiron. How did Haati end up attached to it? Is Haati a real wolf, a wolf spirit, or just some technological wolf-like projection?
    Well the Vrykul are essentially the primary armies of the watchers/titans. And they have a connection with beasts. Perhaps these lightning wolves were also a titan creation to go with the iron vrykul. Mimiron did make the gun animal themed after all.