Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I'm not really big into the comic book scene, but when I heard the whole Cap Hydra plot twist, it just had me shaking my head. It isn't even shocking, its just stupid. I mean what's next? Jack Bauer is a terrorist the whole time on 24? Walter White was secretly an undercover DEA agent on Breaking Bad? Jon Snow is a Lannister spy?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derah View Post
    I mean WHAT THE FUCK MAN!?!??!! this is fucking Captain America, and they're gonna make him a nazi? Is nothing sacred anymore?
    It always go back to status qo, it will be reveal that, it is a Captain America evil clone created by Hydra, or he was brainwashed but later he gain his orginal personality back, he play along to inflitrate Hydra etc

...it won't matter how they'll explain it. It'll come across as a stupid money-grab.

Franklin Richards. That is the rubberband to EVERYTHING in the Marvel universe.

Are non-comic readers aware that Bruce Banner and Odinson are not even The Hulk or Thor currently in the comics?

Comics are all about the plot twist- there was a whole game based on comic books where they called one of the mechanics, wait for it, plot twists. Comic books are always like this- there is nothing sacred. Bucky lives.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Franklin Richards. That is the rubberband to EVERYTHING in the Marvel universe.

Are non-comic readers aware that Bruce Banner and Odinson are not even The Hulk or Thor currently in the comics?

Comics are all about the plot twist- there was a whole game based on comic books where they called one of the mechanics, wait for it, plot twists. Comic books are always like this- there is nothing sacred. Bucky lives.
    The ones that complain are the ones that don't understand there has been many iterations to most comic book stories.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJoe View Post
    The ones that complain are the ones that don't understand there has been many iterations to most comic book stories.
    Indeed. Which is why I haven't been too miffed about Batman and Superman killing people. They've done it plenty in the comics at various times.

gotta love the butthurt over this. "oh we can have a female Thor, but I'll be DAMNED if captain America is a secret Hydra agent! I won't believe it!"

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuke View Post
    Indeed. Which is why I haven't been too miffed about Batman and Superman killing people. They've done it plenty in the comics at various times.

Imo it makes those characters a little more believable.

I gave up after the storylines became too stupid...Hulk and Thor not a thing anymore? I don't think anyone could care. I sure don't. (Had I returned to comics I'm sure by now I would have quit all over again because of the stupid.
    Marvel comics became so full of their own shit. It's among some reasons why they just can't produce anything original, or good anymore. They have to go the controversial route just so someone can take notice.

Yeah, I have to admit that one..

- - - Updated - - -

I gave up after the storylines became too stupid...Hulk and Thor not a thing anymore? I don't think anyone could care. I sure don't. (Had I returned to comics I'm sure by now I would have quit all over again because of the stupid.
    Marvel comics became so full of their own shit. It's among some reasons why they just can't produce anything original, or good anymore. They have to go the controversial route just so someone can take notice.

Yeah, I have to admit that one..

7+ Year Old Account
    So,

SPOILERS----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I SAID SPOILERS

Just got the new Steve Rogers: Captain America today, and lo and behold : mind control by way of falsely implanted memories

#shocked

I am getting really sick of cheap gimmicks. Comic book writers, please stop eating the lead paint chips.

I'm not interested in this for Cap.

I don't give 2 shts to read about Thor's girlfriend carrying around the hammer.

Bruce Banner is the Hulk, not some kid.

I won't be reading Thor and Hulk again until they're both back to normal. I've been reading comics since the early 80s, and I have had my fill of stupid tricks. When a book uses one, I drop it until the situation changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Am I the only one that thinks they had a different plan for Cappy and back-pedalled after the huge backlash from last issue?

Also: You're really missing out reading the current Thoe books, they're actually pretty good and there's a very good chance Odinson will be back soon.

On that topic, I have the feeling that much like X-23 is the new Wolverine, but Logan is still around in his a own book as Old Man Logan, I get the feeling Thor will continue as is, but Odinson will get his own, separate book. Possibly with him taking his rightful place on the Throne and becoming Rune King again.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

So its pretty much what was said here and still just as dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Am I the only one that thinks they had a different plan for Cappy and back-pedalled after the huge backlash from last issue?

Also: You're really missing out reading the current Thoe books, they're actually pretty good and there's a very good chance Odinson will be back soon.

On that topic, I have the feeling that much like X-23 is the new Wolverine, but Logan is still around in his a own book as Old Man Logan, I get the feeling Thor will continue as is, but Odinson will get his own, separate book. Possibly with him taking his rightful place on the Throne and becoming Rune King again.
    Well, it is pretty valid complaint. Cap was pretty much the anti-Nazi... I mean, anti-Hydra and having him betray that was pretty fucking retarded.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Well, it is pretty valid complaint. Cap was pretty much the anti-Nazi... I mean, anti-Hydra and having him betray that was pretty fucking retarded.
    Oh it was a highly valid complaint. Don't get me wrong, I was at the vanguard of the unruly mob, torch lit, pitchfork raised.

But I was hoping they'd at least stick to their guns a BIT. I mean yeah it was a huge steaming pile of shit but it was THEIR pile. Having the whole thing to out to be falsely implanted memories in the VERY next issue just screams "panic rewrite" to me.

Or worse, the whole thing was just a publicity stunt.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30