Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Politician who opposed welfare fraud protections charged with... fraud.

An Arizona Democratic lawmaker who once voted against welfare fraud protections in her state has been indicted on felony charges of defrauding the food stamp program.
    Trigger Warning AHEAD

Source: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...l?intcmp=hpbt2
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2016-06-24 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Nothing to do with gun control

I'm pro-choice when it comes to guns and as much as I would like the anti-gun choice crowd to shut up this is nothing more than just pure corruption in the political system.

I'm betting there is many MANY more politicians doing shady shit like this. Perhaps even more egregious than this one.

Only mistake these people made was getting caught. Hopefully the next guy down the line can learn from them how to avoid detection.

I just absolutely love how you take this topic to spin some kind of gun control on it because Leland Lee was a corrupt asshole.

Is your point that politicians are hypocrites?

WHAT A REVELATION.

Your comparison is the opposite. If a anti gun control guy was caught trafficking weapons it would make more sense to compare the two.

Quote Originally Posted by Revik View Post
    I'm pro-choice when it comes to guns and as much as I would like the anti-gun choice crowd to shut up this is nothing more than just pure corruption in the political system.

I'm betting there is many MANY more politicians doing shady shit like this. Perhaps even more egregious than this one.
    At this point, I am willing to bet my life that the majority of our politicians are either criminals, in the pocket of big business, or so horrible at their job that they don't matter.

Interesting replies so far. No concern of corruption, just subject matter.

I'm going out for the evening. I'm sure there will be further interesting comments by the time I get home.

Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Even in a thread that has nothing to do with guns, you somehow manage to make it about guns.
    I think the comparison is with illegal drugs. If we legalize them despite their inherent damaging nature we have killed a black market business. Then we can tax the shit out of them to support the extra healthcare costs incurred by such contraband.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats the trigger warning for?
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Whats the trigger warning for?
    At a guess, "triggered liberals / anti-gun people".

15+ Year Old Account
    A politician who doesn't actually stand for what he/she says.

:O :O

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

I'm going out for the evening. I'm sure there will be further interesting comments by the time I get home.

Carry on.
    You didn't start in good faith. You get what you put in.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edited the post. This has nothing to do with gun control, which belongs in its own thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Edited the post. This has nothing to do with gun control, which belongs in its own thread.
    He didnt make it about gun control, he made a comparison you daffy twit. Jesus the moderation on these boards and the site ingeneral has gone to shit because of assholes like this.

Almost everyone who replied was in violation of the forum rules for trolling, flaming and thread de-railing yet you did not infract them. THe bias here is just disgusting . Go ahead and Ban me, I could give two shits.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Radux; 2016-06-24 at 09:21 PM.
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    He didnt make it about gun control, he made a comparison you daffy twit. Jesus the moderation on these boards and the site ingeneral has gone to shit because of assholes like this.
    He didn't need to make it about gun control though. The guy(Not Darsithis) is known to be a strong gun supporter. He could of just posted the article to make discussion and not bring guns involved. He started in bad faith.

Also if you have a problem with moderation you send an email. Insulting them also doesn't help.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    No, it's just Titan being incapable of making threads that aren't related to guns.
    He is the Tennis of gun posts.
    What are we gonna do now? Taking off his turban, they said, is this man a Jew?
    'Cause they're working for the clampdown
    They put up a poster saying we earn more than you!
    When we're working for the clampdown
    We will teach our twisted speech To the young believers
    We will train our blue-eyed men To be young believers

Quote Originally Posted by TITAN308 View Post

Carry on.
    Considering you spent half of your OP talking about a person not related to the topic, what do you expect? I'm sure there were other threads you could grandstand about guns on.

not shocking, this is just another reason that I don't trust the government to run programs efficiently and in scope...too many corrupt politicians.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm surprised she only stole $1700 honestly. I was expecting a much bigger value.

Well, good luck with that!