Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    We ask for independent confirmation, not some blurry photos where pieces of rubble are decorated with arrows and labeled as 'landing modules', 'rovers', 'left equipment' etc.
    We ask for independent confirmation, not some blurry photos where pieces of rubble are decorated with arrows and labeled as 'landing modules', 'rovers', 'left equipment' etc.
    how can you possibly get independent confirmation? Unless you yourself could prove it through your own means. Who could prove this happened besides NASA, or other gov space programs. A telescope I suppose? I'm sure if one is persistent enough they could figure it out themselves in a more convincing way if they're for some reason thinking otherwise. I mean, I understand the whole "I have to see it clearly to believe it", but do you really have to go to space to believe the world is round? How many people have actually been to space versus the amount of people who believe the world is round? are they naive because the believe it's round even though they've not technically seen it?
    Last edited by Stonecloak; 2016-06-25 at 11:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Your density is virtually the same in space as it is on Earth and the ISS is pressurized to 1 atm with a similar air composition as that on Earth, yet people float in the ISS...
    I don't believe in the ISS either.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Yea, same here. All we have to go on, is what they say or show us. I mean, maybe we actually have landed on the moon. But to say, we never have, isn't that far fetched.
    Particularly when we haven't been back since the early 70s. You'd think there'd be a Moon Base Alpha there by now... unless we never actually made it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I don't believe in the ISS either.
    Do you believe in cars? What if, every time you get into a car, it never actually moves anywhere, and the conspiring governments just change decorations photoshopped and projected to your car windows?
    Quote Originally Posted by King Candy View Post
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.
    Thanks for the avatar goes to Carbot Animations and Sy.

Who wants to bet the conspiracy theorists asking why we havent gone back are the same ones who push for NASA funding to be cut because investing in space is a "waste of money"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    Do you believe in cars?
    Of course I do. I own one and have owned several in my lifetime. I have never seen or been inside the ISS and neither have you or anyone else who contributes here. The only reason you believe it exists is because for some reason you trust our clean-as-the-wind-driven-snow government and NASA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice hook you've got there Hammerfest

If you want independent confirmation that the moonlandings were real. Then go ask yourselves why the Soviets who were tracking it didn't complain. If it were faked the Soviets would have been all over it.

Of course I do. I own one and have owned several in my lifetime. I have never seen or been inside the ISS and neither have you or anyone else who contributes here. The only reason you believe it exists is because for some reason you trust our clean-as-the-wind-driven-snow government and NASA.
    I believe it because *gasps* I actually have seen it.

You think the ISS is faked? You know how many countries / organisations contribute(d) to this project ? Its not only NASA and USA.

And you actually can see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    You think the ISS is faked? You know how many countries / organisations contribute(d) to this project ? Its not only NASA and USA.
    Yes, so many other completely trustworthy countries are involved... like Mother Russia!

Last edited by Hammerfest; 2016-06-25 at 11:55 PM.

Deleted
    "Given that we recently detected gravitational waves for the 2nd time, that were predicted by Einstein many decades ago, I think it is reasonable to say that we have a decent understanding of how gravity works."

We have some understanding on how and why there is gravity. But a full understanding of the phenomenon, no. Not yet. It still remains quite the mystery. General relativity still has lots of problems with fitting together with quantum mechanics.

And yeah im pretty sure we did go to the moon, we might go there again soon.
    Last edited by mmocb13165abed; 2016-06-26 at 12:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You only believe in cars because the government has brainwashed you! Your car is not actually a car, it is an idle platform; when you are in a car, you never know what's happening on the outside and how the government is changing your decorations. You are like Truman, you are being played!

I'm just saying this because this argument is about as relevant as yours. Actually, it is more relevant, since, at least, you can't refute it by the laws of physics! While those videos you linked earlier... well.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post

And you actually can see it.
    Plot twist: all those countries are also made up by the US and NASA and don't exist in reality!
    I can't explain it because I'm an idiot, and I have to live with that post for the rest of my life. Better to just smile and back away slowly. Ignore it so that it can go away.

Yes, so many other completely trustworthy countries are involved... like Mother Russia!
    Look, Eric Dubay already proved that he was a massive idiot with his gravity video, since he built the whole argument on a total misunderstanding of basic mechanics.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Are people actually arguing the validity of the ISS in this thread right now?

Every time a person takes out their telescope a NASA agent shows up and dangles a little ISS paper cutout in front of the lens. #isntitobvious
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post

Every time a person takes out their telescope a NASA agent shows up and dangles a little ISS paper cutout in front of the lens. #isntitobvious
    I think I've come to the bottom of it, guys. NASA doesn't exist! It is just a label made up by the US government to confuse gullible folks, while in reality the NASA budget goes directly into politicians' pockets!

/s

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post

You mean my telescope and binoculars were lying to me this entire time

I got to page 7 and decided I need to create a Yahoo account to create a Flickr account. These pictures are awesome and thanks for posting this. These are absolutely breathtaking considering what they are and at how clear a lot of them are. It's just so amazing.

To conspiracy nuts, play everyone's favorite Facebook game, Find that UFO! Search through all 18,000 photo's and see if you can find a single UFO or alien. Win nothing for trying. /sarcasm sorta off, fingers fiddling on trigger switch

7+ Year Old Account
    have never seen or been inside the ISS and neither have you or anyone else who contributes here.
    I've seen the ISS through telescopes, multiple times. I doubt that i'm alone, that's something that most people with the acess to the proper equipment will try to. That's some hell well elaborated hoax to fake an entire structure orbiting the earth, not to mention to fake all those experiments and countries participations.

But I'm curious, do you also do not believe in satellites? What about Hubble? Given your opinion about gravity, do you also believe time distortion is a hoax/fake?

Quote Originally Posted by May90 View Post
    "Belief" that contradicts scientific evidence isn't worth much, really. I can say, "I am of the belief that moon is really a big cheese piece that orbits the Earth and waits for me to fly up to it and eat it" - how much credibility will I have on this matter afterwards?

We haven't been back since 70-s because Soviets lost the space race and it wasn't worth it to spend insane amounts of money on Moon programs just to show everyone how superior the US is. Because, really, those programs had very little practical purpose and were just a show of muscles.
    yes, instead we invade powerless Arab countries, spending the same level if not more on "defense"

Do you know what Russia thinks when they see us waste 2trillion dollars, thousands of lives, the trust of the global community, and the trust/privacy/civil rights of its own citizenry?
    "how can we make them to it again?"
    <shoulder tap Iran>
    profit.

Off topic, i know.

but do you remember back in 2001, after 9/11 when bin laden was all over American TV, he told us he'd get the American government to take away so many rights of it's citizens that America would be unrecognizable......15 years later...................

Gives new meaning to Bush's "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" banner.
    Last edited by Glnger; 2016-06-26 at 01:41 AM.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just watched this video.

There's no way you (And the guy from the video) are not trolling.

10/10.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glnger View Post
    yes, instead we invade powerless Arab countries, spending the same level if not more on "defense"

Do you know what Russia thinks when they see us waste 2trillion dollars, thousands of lives, the trust of the global community, and the trust/privacy/civil rights of its own citizenry?
    "how can we make them to it again?"
    <shoulder tap Iran>
    profit.

Off topic, i know.

but do you remember back in 2001, after 9/11 when bin laden was all over American TV, he told us he'd get the American government to take away so many rights of it's citizens that America would be unrecognizable......15 years later...................
    Well, you can argue about the goals and effectiveness of those wars, but they all had visible and predictable positive effects (negative too, but that's another matter), which, at least, at the time were deemed outweighing the expenses.

Moon landing programs are different; they have very little practical purpose, they are economically and scientifically mostly useless. Unmanned exploration of Moon, Mars and other objects is much more efficient and, compared to manned one, even more effective.

We will probably see humanity's return to Moon and, possibly, trip to Mars in the nearest future, seeing how rapidly space tech is progressing nowadays; as soon as economically it becomes more-or-less viable (at least, long term), it will happen.