Salvage: Vendor Gold or Illusion Mats?

I've been opening salvage boxes across many toons for the wardrobe and have collected many items. Once their appearances are in my wardrobe, I was just going to vendor them all. But then I thought about the enchanting illusions, and thought maybe it would be best to DE them all instead and use the mats for illusions. That way, I wouldn't have to run old content for stuff to DE. I'd be able to collect all the illusions and make extras to sell.

What are you guys planning to do with all your salvage yard loot once you've unlocked the appearances?

Good question - I hope someone "did the math"
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Got plenty of old enchanting mats stockpiled, so I'll be selling items to a vendor after they're unlocked.

Check out the required mats in the Wowhead guide. All but one of them require crystals (the epic mat), which you'll most likely not get from DE'ing the greens and blues from the crates. Looking at the other mats required for the illusions the enchanting mats are most likely the cheapest/least time consuming to acquire.

It will be up to you how you feel based on your server economy and enchanting mat prices. We can't exactly tell which will be more valuable without being able to tell the prices on the illusions themselves.

I am stocking up the mats from D/E, but it would be up to you.

Vendor gold. There would be tons of people who will try to sell their absurdly overpriced illusion mats, so the market will nosedive for sure, while vendor is always reliable.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I'll be vendoring everything once I unlock the appearances.

Have they said whether the Tomes of Illusion are learned account-wide? I think I'll just make one set for myself. I got all the mats for one full set yesterday. Hoping I only have to make one. Thanks.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Of course they are account wide.

Arent the illusions drops ? I was in karazhan on the beta and i got the mongoose illusion from moroes. Right clicked it and it was in my wardrobe.

This was quite a few builds ago. Dunno if they have changed anything

Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    Arent the illusions drops ? I was in karazhan on the beta and i got the mongoose illusion from moroes. Right clicked it and it was in my wardrobe.

This was quite a few builds ago. Dunno if they have changed anything
    It varies. Many come from enchanting, others are boss drops, and a few come from vendors.