Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    I've been reading this thread and thinking over my original point of c list comedians and trying to think who in today's acting world could have played the roles better. Male or female.

Louis CK for Murray - pure comic genius that makes the movie any good.
    Daniel day for Ramis- we have to have someone that is so good we believe all this science shit
    Leo decap for Aykroyd- someone with acting chops but not strong enough to carry the comedic lead
    Matt Damon as Hudson- the street tough guy that isn't all that tough.

that's as far as I got on my own list. Problem is that neither Leo or Day are known for their comedy. So Damon and Louis better be phenomenal.

And don't think to deep into list. Was put together in 10 minutes while on the shitter

10+ Year Old Account
    Angry Joe trailer makes it at least somewhat funny.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Similarly I see criticism of Rey in Force Awakens. But where's the criticism of JJ Abrams? If she's a "lame Mary-sue" then why hate the character when you can mock the idiot who made her that way? It's almost like you're looking for an excuse to hate on the ladies.
    Huh? The actor is not called Rey in real life. If people hate Rey, they hate the character. Their issue could be with the writer who write it badly, the actor who portrayed it badly or the director who presented it badly, or a combination. Saying the name of the character you dislike when you talk about it makes perfect sense, there's nothing "lady hating" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    So, you're telling me you like "A Haunted House" 1&2?
    Maybe...

The Wayans are my go to for slapstick mindless humor.

They are the black Leslie Neilson IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Hollywood Reboot (or Remake as the people behind this have zero clue what they were going for.)
    Rough choices for stars
    A shit looking script and jokes (It's like they kidnapped a Wayans and forced him to write another "X movie" movie. A recent one)
    Negative criticism being blamed on misogyny
    Pointless gender flips
    Threadbare pandering to nostalgia
    Murray "blessing" this (Not trusting this after Cameron and Genisys)

Mix all that together and you have a genuinely shitty looking film.
    Bill Murray gave it his blessing because Bill Murray doesn't want to make anymore Ghostbuster movies or the 3rd one would have been made a long time ago. The primary interest there was the other 3, especially Akroyd and Ramis. Bill Murray would rather pass it along and do what he's doing so of course he gave it his blessing, he stopped caring about it a long time ago.
    The Fresh Prince of Baudelaire

Banned at least 10 times. Don't give a fuck, going to keep saying what I want how I want to.

Eat meat. Drink water. Do cardio and burpees. The good life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Shame a lot of people shat on James for that video. I think he did quite a good job personally. Although the people shitting on him were mostly angry/crazy feminists who have 0 idea what a misogynist or sexism actually is.
    With feminists it boils down to, you're not gonna see it?! Sexist, misogynist pig!
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDestinatus View Post
    I don't know if its American comedy, there are a lot of comedians who are nothing like that from the US. I think its more PC comedy, simpleton humour that can't offend people.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    This is not "American Comedy". There's a lot more to American comedy than fart jokes. And even Adam Sandler made some pretty good movies with a lot of subtle humour in them rather than his usual slamming you in the face with it.
    I just call it American comedy because I only know this style from American movies. I don't mean that this is the only style of comedy produced in America, it isn't, some good stuff come out of U.S as well. It's just a typically American style of comedy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by damajin View Post
    Bill Murray gave it his blessing because Bill Murray doesn't want to make anymore Ghostbuster movies or the 3rd one would have been made a long time ago. The primary interest there was the other 3, especially Akroyd and Ramis. Bill Murray would rather pass it along and do what he's doing so of course he gave it his blessing, he stopped caring about it a long time ago.
    The game will always be the 3rd movie to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Wolf View Post
    With feminists it boils down to, you're not gonna see it?! Sexist, misogynist pig!
    Pretty much this. A lot of Feminists don't actually know how to be a Feminist in this day and age.

the fact there is a male and female version for the movie is the main reason why i hate it.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    I haven't seen the film yet (didn't realise it was already out) so I can't say how forced the script or the cast are, but from that post it seems like you're saying that films can only be good if it is made by people who have already worked together for several years on other projects. I do think that can help to make a brilliant film, but I can't agree that any film without those preexisting relationships will be bad.
    The funny thing is that all of them do have a history of working with each other.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

There is already a Ghostbusters thread, closing this.