nvidia control panel settings

I'm currently using gtx 970 with 144hz monitor and i'm frustrated because i'm not getting the results i want.I don't expect getting 100+ fps ofcourse but at least 70-80 constant so i can feel the difference comparing 60hz monitors.(in fallout 4 for example)

I dont mind reducing graphic settings in-game but i feel like i'm missing some important tweaks in nvidia control panel.So i want to know which important settings should be turned on/off which will boost the performance in general.

10+ Year Old Account
    High resolution textures should be off/minimal, shadows as low as you're comfortable with, Bloom/ambient occlusion, turn off v-sync, and turn off motion blur.
    The last two should be tried first. Oh and anti-aliasing as low as your comfortable with
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

You probably aren't missing any settings, I personally have never touched the nvidia control panel I've never needed to. Fallout 4 is hard to get above 60FPS and I believe by default it caps at 60fps anyway. It's using an older engine and it isn't very optimised for newer hardware.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythbredor View Post
    You probably aren't missing any settings, I personally have never touched the nvidia control panel I've never needed to. Fallout 4 is hard to get above 60FPS and I believe by default it caps at 60fps anyway. It's using an older engine and it isn't very optimised for newer hardware.
    I mean, you can up the limit cap, but it can be fucky with lockpicking an getting stuck in terminals
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh that is why i kept getting stuck on terminals O:

reminds me of unlocking fps on dark souls and sliding down ladders and through the map