Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[Spoilers] Rehgar should be allowed to attend...

...Varian's funeral.

Yes, Varian was technically at one time his gladiator slave. But honestly, Rehgar did quite a bit to mentor him as well. Rehgar easily saw the potential in Varian to be a great man, a great fighter, a great leader and did much to foster this potential and act as a mentor.

It was Rehgar who gave Varian his trademark blade, Shalamayne. Who taught him the story of Lo'gosh, who molded him into a fierce strategist and peerless combatant. Moreover, when it came time for Varian to leave, he just let him walk away without a fight. In fact, he knew it was going to happen well in advance, and did nothing. He knew that the man had a destiny to fulfill, and in this realization also found his own destiny.

So why is it that the orc who saved the fallen king in his previous time of need, who invested so much into him as a champion of the gladiatorial arena and helped him get back on his feet, and in return found his true calling as a champion of the Earthen Ring rather than a slave master as a result, is not there to pay respects to one so pivotal in his life?

It's probably one of the biggest lore gaffs in WoW ever. They could even make an amazingly touching scene of it, and let Anduin play up to his unity card in the process. Maybe a throwback to the ICC scene where his father lets Saurfang collect the body of his son. It just feels like a missed opportunity for an amazingly touching moment and some much-needed character development for one of the most sadly underutilized orcs in the Blizzard universe.

cause the alliance thinks the horde did it.

I agree. Blizz listen to this! And you should post it on the main forums too, so they see it easier.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    It's probably one of the biggest lore gaffs in WoW ever.

Listen Rehgar is my husbando but if what we have with Lore is to be believed the Horde is somehow responsible for Varian's death so yeah no he ain't coming near the funeral.

well, brool and valeera werent in the funeral too.. those guys were closest friends of varian

Mr. Hero of the storm can quest all day long in Uldum along with Harrison Jones and Commander Schnottz.

Don't get me wrong, i like Rehgar but his title is (along with a section of the Elemental artifact intro) one of those references that WoW doesn't need, they're pointless, 100% obvious and don't mean anything.
    Last edited by Kralljin; 2016-06-25 at 12:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunner45 View Post
    cause the alliance thinks the horde did it.
    we need to see the cutscen blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Onvious View Post
    well, brool and valeera werent in the funeral too.. those guys were closest friends of varian
    Yeah this is kind of hilarious, though I agree with the OP, despite how it is technicially impossible.

I would like to imagine him watching from afar. It won't be impossible; we all know how easily Stormwind is compromised and unsafe to live in. An orc slipping will go easily unnoticed. SI:7 lmao.

Quote Originally Posted by Enthralled View Post
    I spit my coffee out. XD

Quote Originally Posted by Farabee View Post
    It was Rehgar who gave Varian his trademark blade, Shalamayne. Who taught him the story of Lo'gosh, who molded him into a fierce strategist and peerless combatant. Moreover, when it came time for Varian to leave, he just let him walk away without a fight. In fact, he knew it was going to happen well in advance, and did nothing. He knew that the man had a destiny to fulfill, and in this realization also found his own destiny.
    Actually, It was Jaina.

7+ Year Old Account
    It was Rehgar who gave Varian his trademark blade, Shalamayne.
    Wrong - it was Jaina.

PS - Stop spreading lie Varian isn't dead. Broken Shore is Wrathgate 2.0 so Wrynn is alive but his fate probably will be unknown till the end of Legion.

7+ Year Old Account
    Rehgarwasforgoten like many other characters, like Rexxar abandoned since TBC, i doubt Blizzard even remember him anymore

also he would be better warchief IMO

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    Rehgarwasforgoten like many other characters, like Rexxar abandoned since TBC, i doubt Blizzard even remember him anymore

Rehgar shows up in Legion.
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

Deleted

Rehgar is a key character if you are a shaman.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melsiren View Post
    Rehgar shows up in Legion.
    surprising, but i ask, is a major role? or at least, something interesting lore-wise? cause i think he just showing up because of the blizz moba

7+ Year Old Account

rehgar helps shamis.....
    valeera helps the rogues....
    rexxar helps the hunters.....
    and i think even broll helps the druids.

aha, very "forgotten".

Formerly known as Arafal

Deleted
    surprising, but i ask, is a major role? or at least, something interesting lore-wise? cause i think he just showing up because of the blizz moba
    He is one of the key characters in Legion. He is kinda your go-to guy if you are seeking the elemental (or resto?) Artifact.

Yeah, the elemental.

7+ Year Old Account
    [
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalecgos the Spellweaver View Post
    He is one of the key characters in Legion. He is kinda your go-to guy if you are seeking the elemental (or resto?) Artifact.

Yeah, the elemental.
    sounds promising, how good is see another shaman apart of thrall doing something

10+ Year Old Account
    He's involved with the Elemental Shaman quest chain for their artifact. Sadly, I've not been blessed with a Beta key so I don't know exact details, but a friend of mine has told me he's a major npc that shows up as a Elemental Shaman.
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

7+ Year Old Account
    [

sounds promising, how good is see another shaman apart of thrall doing something
    Rehgar is one of the few surviving members of the Earthen Ring after the catastrophic battle at the Broken Shore.

Rehgar and an elemental shaman adventurer journey to the Temple of the White Tiger to retrieve [The Fist of Ra-den], which belonged to Ra and was placed in the care of Xuen after his defeat. However, Xuen required that whoever sought to wield the weapons must pass a trial. Rehgar said that since he trained Varian, the adventurer was in good hands. Together, Rehgar and the adventurer brought down Chen (who Rehgar seemed to have a rivalry with) and Li Li, earning them the Fist of Ra. After retrieving the weapon, the Burning Legion attacked the temple and were fought off.[3]
    he also helps us with the elemental lords if i remember correctly, not sure tho.

Formerly known as Arafal