The Guardian, the least unexplored character in the warcraft universe?

Seriously, this guy has ZERO lore. He should have been given more lore due to his importance. To those who don't know who he is
    In Warcraft 3, he was the guy that defended the frostmourne from Arthas but was eventually slain.

Anyone have theories/facts about this unknown character?

Edit: I butchered the title with my Grammar. "The Guardian, the least explored character in the warcraft universe?"***
    Last edited by Candy Cough; 2016-06-24 at 07:15 PM.
    An'u belore delen'na

Well that's an unfortunate title. I think everyone's used to "The Guardian" referencing Medivh and his kin.

That aside, I don't even remember a guardian before Frostmourne, it's been that long since I played WC3.

I assume he was either sent by Kil'jaeden to defend Frostmourne, or controlled by Ner'zhul to find someone worthy of the blade. Either way, I assumed he doesn't even have much of a story.

7+ Year Old Account
    wtf. He was just a random mob so it would be harder to get to frostmourne.

7+ Year Old Account
    it was just a random mob defending that sword.
    he isnt important at all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TyrannicalPuppy View Post
    That aside, I don't even remember a guardian before Frostmourne, it's been that long since I played WC3.
    its this guy
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/The_Guardian

he is also a revenant, so he isnt controlled by ner'zhul.
    http://wow.gamepedia.com/Revenant
    (elemental old god force, we see plenty of them in ulduar and ulduar dungeons)

Formerly known as Arafal

Wasn't it some sort of ice elemental? I forget.

Really though all it had going for it was one interesting line when it tried to warn Arthas even as it was dying. "No, trying to protect you from it."

Also I thought from the title this was about Medivh. XD

10+ Year Old Account
    It was just an Elemental that sensed evil coming from the sword and kept people away from it. There are plenty more in that cave, if you wanna check it out.

I'm actually pretty interested in him too. Frostmourne cavern is filled with death elementals which isn't a formal elemental type. I'd like to learn more and it would be a cool thing to expand. Especially with the Shadowlands in the chronicles, could add something.

7+ Year Old Account
    So, Blizzard saw poorly Med'an was received by the fan base. Being that he is a character that was only introduced through a comics and he was positioned to be more-or-less the savior of all Warcraft-ness, it is understandable why people did not take kindly to him.

What we have now is a character positioned to be #1 spot player, yet there is no official mention of him in game, other novels, or anything. I think the 1st official statement came up recently by Blizzard saying a long the lines of, "he is out there doing his stuff..." which tells us this one thing:

He WILL appear in game and he will be magically all baddass as if he always was this badass. There is a good reason why Blizzard did not immediately delve into his character when was first introduced. They want time to go by until the game's story where it needs to be, and then he will appear in game and much more badass than he really ever was. He was have a backstory of feats he has accomplished that we never saw or even knew about to prove his worth. He will accomplish in game feats we WILL see that will prove to us he is the savior.

EDIT: ...so this thread isn't about that guardian. I really should read threads thoroughly.

7+ Year Old Account
    I thought this was about Medivh But I have to agree somewhat. They could've made it into a dungeon in some way. We get teleported there by Chromie, to make sure Arthas picks up Frostmourne. We fight past some random wolves, then a portal with infinite dragonflight dragons pop up making Arthas all confused, but we kill them for him and continue. The final boss could then be the Guardian with his great speech to Arthas, and an updated cutscene with Arthas picking up Frostmourne.

Such a wasted opportunity