Poll: Staying, rolling Monk or rerolling something else?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Poll: Are you staying Monk, rolling one or rolling away from the class come Legion?

Greetings, Monks!

Now that beta has advanced and the prepatch is on the horizon I'm interested in what players of their respective classes think about what's happening to them.

Have fun voting! I'm opening a poll like this in every class forum to get the bigger picture and plan to condense the info for future reference.

Probably staying. Monk is the only class that has a melee playstyle that I like, a tank option and is very mobile. But since this time I'll have more characters to play (my monk was my only max level till a month or so ago), I might end up leaving for enh/rogue/dh for raiding if either SCK tab-target is too annoying for me to deal with or if BRM ends up being bad.

I'd like to remain a monk for legion. I am pretty disappointed with tanking in general from what I have seen on the beta though, and if I'm not tanking I won't be playing my monk.

I'm staying monk, been one since the beginning through the ups and downs. Worked to hard to get as good as I am ( nothing great) but I think legion seems to sound as if it will be positive in the end for windwalkers. I like most of what they're doing, how they tune us will decide.. The only thing I'm loathing is I'm losing my Runed tiger sword transmog to just basic fists as all fist transmogs are horrid.

It's been utterly disappointing the legion changes. I hope to return to monk in the future, in the the next xpac, after the monk population has plummeted, and they return us to our rightful MoP style, with Clash, SEF and TEB... well, I can always dream.

was mistweaver for MOP, jumped on the resto druid band wagon for WOD, coming back as windwalker for legion!!

7+ Year Old Account
    I think you lose an option: "I'm leaving the game."

Since they gutted and shat on Mistweavers I'll probably get to 110, confirm how bad/boring they are compared to live. And then quit. I've been their since the beginning clearing raids and topping meters. The changes were so uncalled for.

Quote Originally Posted by Basilmoyh View Post
    It's been utterly disappointing the legion changes. I hope to return to monk in the future, in the the next xpac, after the monk population has plummeted, and they return us to our rightful MoP style, with Clash, SEF and TEB... well, I can always dream.
    Personaly i wouldnt mind to much if they removed SEF and rather made Xuen our offensive baseline CD (instead of TeB). And make WDP baseline as skill we get quite late.
    Sure the mechanic of TeB and SEF felt rewarding when used right, but blizzard want the WW to be more accessible by casuals, wich they have done a great work off. The class is a lot simpler and if i hadnt played Monk before i think i would have liked the legion version, but sadly i feel like i played the monk version with more depth and the current one therefore feels very gimped.
    Last edited by Ustabil; 2016-06-15 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ustabil View Post
    Xuen our offensive baseline CD (instead of TeB).
    I hate pet classes. I really hate pet classes. And if there's anything this game needs, it's less pets.

10+ Year Old Account
    prolly staying monk if disc isn't competitive with other healers hps wise

Monk is my bottom choice for alt this next expansion. Even if Fist of Fury looks OP, my Enhanc/Feral/Warrior will go first.

I'll be rerolling to another melee. Some of the things that attracted me to monk in the first place like ranged cleave and damage control in the form of TEB(even though at times I hated both) are going away, so I'll find something else. I don't think a 1 dps spec class is for me anyway. I'm used to variety as a long time warlock player.

I'll damn sure miss the mobility, even if I didn't put it to maximum use all the time.

im waiting until pre patch to decide on my main. i have a lot of options. i've mained BrM since MoP and i love the class, but if I no longer enjoy it come pre patch then i may move on to a new main.

7+ Year Old Account
    Was Windwalker/Brewmaster in WoD (well, in HFC; in High Maul/BRF Brewmaster was my main spec) and I'm rerolling to Frost/Blood DK or Feral/Guardian Druid (I'd prefer DK but Druid would be fine as well. I'm waiting for an answer from my raid leaders at the moment.). Tank might only be my second spec at the moment, but I want to play a class which offers me both a melee and a tank spec I enjoy. Mechanically, Gift of the Ox (or any kind of (pseudo-)randomly spawning orbs) is the only thing I really dislike about Brewmasters on Live and Blizzard took exactly that and made the spec revolve around it in Legion. So in Legion, Brewmasters simply won't offer the gameplay I enjoy anymore, that's why I want to reroll (well, I already have every class levelled to 100 and some of my alts are well-geared, too, so it isn't that much of a true reroll ).

I will eventually level my Monk to 110, but I'm not sure I will really play it at 110. Right now, I'm leaning towards playing one alt at 110 which should be a healer with, preferably, a ranged DPS off-spec. Ignoring the fact, that Monks do not have a ranged DPS spec, Mistweavers look like they have a tool for every job but IMHO they also sound a little boring on paper. (Note: I played Mistweaver a lot in MoP and I even have a second Monk which I played as Mistweaver for a little while in WoD) So currently, I'm thinking of either playing Restoration/Elemental Shaman or Discipline/Shadow Priest (favor the later, but some recent tweets/blue posts/interviews make me wonder if Disc will really be competetive in terms of HPS in every type of content, in particular Mythic+ dungeons and Mythic raids) rather than my Monk as Mistweaver/Windwalker as my (first) alt at 110.
    "We pave the sunlit path toward justice together, brick by brick. This is my brick." - Tim Cook, CEO of Apple

Armory: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman
    WoWProgress: Monk, Druid, Death Knight, Shaman

Deleted
    I'll stay monk. Most likely still WW / MW, though I haven't kept up with the MW changes at all since the first infos were released a few months ago. From a gameplay perspective, I dislike most of the WW changes, but love most of the MW changes. In terms of balance, the WW changes make some steps in the right direction.
    The bigger question is when I'm getting Legion.
    Last edited by mmoc48c29aaf6e; 2016-06-16 at 12:01 PM.

Staying Monk. I was kinda late to the monk game, I made her towards the end of MoP (she's not even 2 years old yet) as an alt.

My main had been my disc priest since my guild started raiding ICC. I ended up switching the monk in when at the start of this xpac it seemed every one wanted to play a priest... I mean one raid night lat year in Feb we had 5 priests and 4 of us were Disc (5th was shadow with Disc off spec) ... it did not work out well, so I took in my monk, learned how to MW in a week (she was fully geared as WW from running with a friend's guild so not a lot of gear changes needed).

She kinda of became my main going through to HFC as I just really fell in love with the play style as a healer, and how easy the DPS rotation was for doing things like dalies and farming old raids.

I was excited after Blizcon, hearing that there would be major changes to disc and how it worked, and was really looking forward to trying it... but after reading guides and watching videos I am very, very disappointed that it's going from being a healer with some in between offensive spells to being a caster who's spells will proc heals... I mean if I wanted to play a dot caster I'd have picked up shadow or rolled a lock. I personally despise ranged classes... if I'm going dps I'm going Melee... so my dreams of going back to my old main were shattered by Blizz making her a caster rather than a true healer spec.

That being said I am a little worried about some of the MW changes, it is going to be a sharp learning curve so we'll have to see how things roll along as we get there?

I'm not sure if I will main my monk but I love windwalker in legion and I currently hate it on live so its something.
    Hi Sephurik

Currently playing MW, planning to play some range DD class (mage/hunter) in legion but my guild wont let me reroll, sad life.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have a monk, but it is not my main and will never become my main.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.