Poll: Optimum average number of wipes per LFR boss

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    When multiple wipes occurs in LFR, is when the drama between casuals and the "big boys of the internet" begins. Its pure entertainment!

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say 1. Learn what you did wrong and not do it again, even if that seems to be asking much of people who 'raid' in LFR.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Not really. Lots of guilds raid on PTR before raids are released. Heroic was a cake walk.
    raiding on the PTR is progressing, watching videos is researching, you're not walking in blind and 1 shotting everything, you've put time and effort in before killing the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can you even die in LFR?

many if its due to just regular wiping stuff. Players not good enough and trying their best. If on the other hand. We wipe 9 times in a row because we got 8 mythic geared players afking, 4 of which are healers. Then hell no.

Deleted
    LFR is not raiding, so stop comparing it to raiding. Whether or not you agree with 0 wipes or 7 is irrelevant -LFR shouldn't even exist to begin with. It is a pit for casuals that contains them with boredom and a terrible reward structure. Even if you were to say that LFR should have "progression" it would still be ridiculously easy for people acturally using their keyboards. Im sorry if i offend people who do LFR, but honestly, do you really feel like you should be rewarded even in the slightest for petting your cat while collecting rewards? The older versions of the game told people upfront that they sucked at the game, yet this harsh reality made people aspire to improve and made the game more rewarding for the people aspiring. I think Blizzard should focus on making real content for casual players and not this dumbed down horseshit. I honestly expected more from the casual audience of WoW, you guys should be asking Blizzard to make you aspire. This virtue signaling bullshit that LFR stands for, where people are lead to believe that they are acturally doing the current content must stop. BTW, this my stance is not that you aren't allowed to have fun with the game if you are an average (or even terrible) player -i used to be one and i still had fun with the older versions in spite of it.

The game should lure the players into aspiring, think about those amazing items that the better players had back in the day, think about that feeling of envy that would drive even the average player to improve. Nowadays all i see on the forums are casual and entitled cunts who think that they are entitled to beat the game because they paid the same as the mythic raider who has a unique mount, who then go on to complaint about how Blizzard needs to put that mount in the Blizzard store (or make a recolour of it) since the few people aspiring aren't even allowed to have even a single unique mount for putting in effort.
    This pathetic crowd of victims that WoW has enabled since 3.3 is ridiculous. Wake the fuck up for christs sake; you haven't done shit in the game; therefore the game should be harsh but fair and make that very clear.

I expected more from the plebs in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by CryotriX View Post
    Raiding is mostly about wiping for progress, then some farming for those that feel like it's worth it. But wiping and learning is the essential part.

So those of you that voted 0%, I hope you understand that what you want to play is not a raid, and you can understand the implications of that, but I guess not even this realization helps. I've read some terribly challenged blogger not long ago arguing with a great deal of salt that LFR should have much better rewards, but those that say "fine, but make it harder to match that reward" should basically GTFO and that the rewards should be given regardless of difficulty, or the lack thereof.

With such fine thinking I doubt people will understand what a 0% vote implies.
    But LFR is not raiding, it doesnt have anything real raiding is associated with: teamwork, communication, sense of accomplishment, etc. I completely agree with you that one shouldnt expect 0% wipes from a raid, even if it's a farm raid, but LFR is nothing like raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by ScrubSlayer View Post
    LFR is not raiding, so stop comparing it to raiding. Whether or not you agree with 0 wipes or 7 is irrelevant -LFR shouldn't even exist to begin with. It is a pit for casuals that contains them with boredom and a terrible reward structure. Even if you were to say that LFR should have "progression" it would still be ridiculously easy for people acturally using their keyboards. Im sorry if i offend people who do LFR, but honestly, do you really feel like you should be rewarded even in the slightest for petting your cat while collecting rewards? The older versions of the game told people upfront that they sucked at the game, yet this harsh reality made people aspire to improve and made the game more rewarding for the people aspiring. I think Blizzard should focus on making real content for casual players and not this dumbed down horseshit. I honestly expected more from the casual audience of WoW, you guys should be asking Blizzard to make you aspire. This virtue signaling bullshit that LFR stands for, where people are lead to believe that they are acturally doing the current content must stop. BTW, this my stance is not that you aren't allowed to have fun with the game if you are an average (or even terrible) player -i used to be one and i still had fun with the older versions in spite of it.

The game should lure the players into aspiring, think about those amazing items that the better players had back in the day, think about that feeling of envy that would drive even the average player to improve. Nowadays all i see on the forums are casual and entitled cunts who think that they are entitled to beat the game because they paid the same as the mythic raider who has a unique mount, who then go on to complaint about how Blizzard needs to put that mount in the Blizzard store (or make a recolour of it) since the few people aspiring aren't even allowed to have even a single unique mount for putting in effort.
    This pathetic crowd of victims that WoW has enabled since 3.3 is ridiculous. Wake the fuck up for christs sake; you haven't done shit in the game; therefore the game should be harsh but fair and make that very clear.

I expected more from the plebs in this game.
    Keeping it edgy.

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Sorry, I don't recall people 1 shotting Archimonde on LFR at launch. Try again
    lol way to follow to thread, you're so busy trying to be right, you're stupidly wrong and lost the point.

37% of people think they should walk in and 1 shot archimonde LFR on launch, and that's really fucking stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HuxNeva View Post
    Nonsensical question. LFR difficulty should not be high, but you should wipe until you succeed. 'Determination' was the most disastrous mechanism ever introduced into this game.
    People who hate on determination always conveniently forget about bosses like garalon, durumu, nazgrim, to name but a few that could literally wipe you all day if you got unlucky with the people you got grouped with.

This is NOT an exageration, you could have 50+ wipes on these bosses (not nazgrim cos it had determination) and not kill them that day.

If you have LFR, you must also have the determination buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    The reason people wipe is because 50% of the group is afk.
    Not true in the slightest.

Deleted
    Zero. You should be able to clear it without wipes even though you never raided before.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Keeping it edgy.
    Keeping it real.
    Last edited by mmocb13fbb0658; 2016-07-01 at 03:32 PM.

Raiding is mostly about wiping for progress, then some farming for those that feel like it's worth it. But wiping and learning is the essential part.

So those of you that voted 0%, I hope you understand that what you want to play is not a raid, and you can understand the implications of that, but I guess not even this realization helps. I've read some terribly challenged blogger not long ago arguing with a great deal of salt that LFR should have much better rewards, but those that say "fine, but make it harder to match that reward" should basically GTFO and that the rewards should be given regardless of difficulty, or the lack thereof.

With such fine thinking I doubt people will understand what a 0% vote implies.
    raiding is indeed about wiping and getting better. LFR however, is not raiding.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pmkaboo View Post
    raiding is indeed about wiping and getting better. LFR however, is not raiding.
    This guy gets it! Why do people still think that LFR is raiding? I barely consider "Normal" raiding. Normal is ridiculously easy still yet a million times more challenging than LFR, how it is even possible to think of LFR as real raiding baffles me.
    Back in the day bosses stood for months sometimes without being killed, there mere experience of facing a boss (not a difficulty) was rewarding in itself. Now we have 4 fucking difficulties to bore everyone to death. If you are a mythic raider then you get to do normal, hc and mythic for gear.
    If you are a complete casual you get to do LFR and get to delude yourself into believing that you beat the game (even though you did nothing and deserve nothing for it)

Multiple difficulties ruins the experience, it hinders how Bossfights can be designed because of how it has to cater to 4 groups of people. Blizzard should remove all difficulties and have one (with optional hardmodes as Ulduar had) by far the best system ever imo.
    Last edited by mmocb13fbb0658; 2016-07-01 at 03:43 PM.

Deleted
    If LFR is not raiding, then it cannot have raid-grade gear.

Mostly each and every debate about LFR is related to what gear it offers. "I want to see the story" is a lie.
    It has nothing to do with the rewards. You don't queue up for something, with people with whom you never communicate only to pet you cat while rolling your head on the keyboard. Mike from Mikepreachwow spent a few days trying to play through LFR trying his best to play as terrible as possible and was rewarded the same as everyone else; so it's not really about rewards is it? Saying that LFR is REAL raiding is an insult to raiders that put in effort.

Take a needle and pop that bubble of yours, if you think that LFR is raiding then you are part of the problem and i don't want you to ruin my game.

Keeping it real.
    Yep, real edgy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazela View Post
    Yep, real edgy.
    Still true ofc.

Still true ofc.
    Other games have proven that content can be delivered in a manner similar to WoW's LFR (where you have 20+ people united via a queueing system) and said content can actually have some bite to it to where wipes can and will legitimately happen because people screw up mechanics (something foreign to WoD's LFR), versus the wipes occuring because a significant portion of the group are wannabe elitists who decided to join and AFK towards their legendary ring or whatever.

But hey, feel free to keep tooting the "zomg remove teh LFR" trumpet, because the last thing WoW needs is more stuff for people to do.

Do you guys remember durumu??