Page 51 of 77 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    They could, but seems like its not the case.
    Basen on what? They haven't said anything at all about the movie except they want a younger superman and that it's not going to be an origin story.

Tony finding spider-man is not part of the origin story of spider-man, reporter kent is.
    Reporter Kent isn't part of Clark's origin...it's his career.

Because those also had good reasons, by example, Tom was never meant to be the superman in the movie, he didn't sign anything, he was not hired, he didn't do any movie etc, Tobey trilogy was done, and the last one flooped, Andrew got fucked because Marvel. But hey, at least he will get his movie if Sony don't dumb away
    Marvel had nothing to do with Andrew losing the role as Spider-Man. That was a Sony decision. Same as when Tobey lost the role. There was going to be a Spider-Man 4 with Tobey Maguire. Also, Spider-Man 3 wasn't a flop. It was panned by critics and audiences...but it made money.

Plus, none of those were big favorites at that time. Garfield was not a good peter parker in his movies
    He was a great Spider-Man though. A better Spider-Man than Tobey. But that has more to do with how those movies were written and directed...not the actors. Which is the same problem with Cavil as Superman...he could have been a great Super-Man/Clark Kent...but the approach Snyder took with those movies ruined the character

Their new foundation is build on a 15 year plan, toothpicks. They doomed those movies, when they could have keep the actors and build something new.
    See, again...this isn't scepticism...this is cynicism. You've already decided these movies are doomed.

An origin story without n origin story you say? gotcha. Maybe he will save louis this time
    If there is no origin...it isnt an origin story. This is not complicated.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-12-19 at 06:41 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    Gunn is probably thinking a hard reboot is best after his suicide squad movie didnt do well because everyone thought it was more of the awful first one.

Still think you should have kept Cavill, People like him as superman and now whoever is casted and when trailers start hitting you're gonna have "It ShOuLd Be cAvIll" spam as you start your reboot.

- - - Updated - - -

If it was me.

I would recast the flash, and create just a kick ass flash point movie, that was soft reboot that ended up with Cavill as Superman and Jason Momoa as Aquaman and go from there. You dont need to completely throw out the baby with the bath water. Find a good flash, make a good film around him, and then actually give cavill and momoa a good script and so they can actually live up to their potential as actors for those characters.
    arent they recasting momoa as lobo?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Have they said any thing about batman going forward? Is the recent movie gonna be the foundation of Gunn’s DCU or are they gonna throw that baby out with the bath water to?
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Basen on what? They haven't said anything at all about the movie except they want a younger superman and that it's not going to be an origin story.
    Bsed on that is info enough, either way, we have insiders jut for that.
    Reporter Kent isn't part of Clark's origin...it's his career.
    Is par of his erly origin, as it is said he is going to be fresh starting reporter, meeting Louis for the first time.

If he alrady knew, as already a reporter for a time, then it would not be origin stuff.
    Marvel had nothing to do with Andrew losing the role as Spider-Man. That was a Sony decision. Same as when Tobey lost the role. There was going to be a Spider-Man 4 with Tobey Maguire. Also, Spider-Man 3 wasn't a flop. It was panned by critics and audiences...but it made money.
    Marvel wanted a spider and they got new one, it was said many times, Andrew lost th job the moment they got one to play for marvel. Spiderman 3 w shite even if did money and they decided to end, the trilogy ended in good spot too, unlike with Superman

He was a great Spider-Man though. A better Spider-Man than Tobey. But that has more to do with how those movies were written and directed...not the actors. Which is the same problem with Cavil as Superman...he could have been a great Super-Man/Clark Kent...but the approach Snyder took with those movies ruined the character
    Not so great as spider-man, but again, you need to be both, not one. The character was not ruined, he is one of the ebt things in the show.

See, again...this isn't scepticism...this is cynicism. You've already decided these movies are doomed.
    They are, they aren't going anywhere, they are DOA, because the universe is going to be rebooted anyway.

If there is no origin...it isnt an origin story. This is not complicated.
    If show the origins of a chracter, his early stages of being the super hero, is origins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Have they said any thing about batman going forward? Is the recent movie gonna be the foundation of Gunn’s DCU or are they gonna throw that baby out with the bath water to?
    The Pattinson one? they said its going to be its own thing and no one is going to touch it, same with joker.

Bsed on that is info enough, either way, we have insiders jut for that.
    It isn't enoughh to justify what you're claiming. And the Insiders haven't said anything eitther. You're just doom and gloom because of your own nature.

Is par of his erly origin, as it is said he is going to be fresh starting reporter, meeting Louis for the first time.

If he alrady knew, as already a reporter for a time, then it would not be origin stuff.
    That's still not an origin story. And you don't know that he's going to be meeting Lois for the first time either. He may have been at the Daily planet for a year already.

Marvel wanted a spider and they got new one, it was said many times, Andrew lost th job the moment they got one to play for marvel. Spiderman 3 w shite even if did money and they decided to end, the trilogy ended in good spot too, unlike with Superman
    Sony had already cancelled Amazing Spider-Man 3 and the Sinister Six Spin-off movie before they made their deal with Marvel... because Amazing Spider-Man 2 was a box office disappointment. If it had been more succcessful... Sony wouldn't have made their deal with Marvel. They even threatened to cancel the deal after Far from Home...but Tom Holland practically begged them not to.

Spider-Man 3 was a shit movie...but they were still planning on doing Spider-Man 4 until Raimi dropped out. It was after that they decided to do a reboot instead.

Marvel has no actual control over the Spider-Man Film rights. They sold those film rights...and until they expire or Disney buys them back...Sony still has control. Right now, they are allowing Spider-Man to be part of the MCU because it's a mutually beneficial relationship. Marvel wants Spider-Man in the MCU, Sony wants to make MCU money off of Spider-Man.

Not so great as spider-man, but again, you need to be both, not one. The character was not ruined, he is one of the ebt things in the show.
    This comes down to peresonal preference. I think Andrew was the better Spider-Man, Tobey was tthe better Peter Parker, and Tom Holland is great at both.

They are, they aren't going anywhere, they are DOA, because the universe is going to be rebooted anyway.
    Flash, Shazam, and Aquaman may be "DOA" because of that... but the new Superman movie isn't.

If show the origins of a chracter, his early stages of being the super hero, is origins.
    No, A Super Hero Origin Story is showing how the character becomes the hero. Typically that means showing how they got their powers/tech/skills/etc and their motivations to become a hero. The Batman shows Batman already as a hero. Civil War and Homecoming already show Spider-Man already as a hero. The new Superman movie will show Superman already as a hero. They skip the origin story in these cases because How and Why these characters became heroes is basic general knowledge.

For an example let's compare "Batman begins" to "The Batman" The first Act of "Begins" shows Bruce finding the batcave, losing his parents, planning vengeance, learning the skills he needs to become Batman, partnering with Gordon, and acquiring his tech. It ties Ras Al Ghul in with that process to give the film it's primary antagonist. "The Batman" skips all that. He's already Batman. He's already got the Batsuit and Batmobile, he's tight with Gordon, he's been doing his thing for a year or so. The Riddler isn't even his first "special case".
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-12-19 at 10:57 PM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

7+ Year Old Account
    It isn't enoughh to justify what you're claiming. And the Insiders haven't said anything eitther. You're just doom and gloom because of your own nature.
    Believe what you want, im not trying to convince you. Lets say im being DC here.

Sony had already cancelled Amazing Spider-Man 3 and the Sinister Six Spin-off movie before they made their deal with Marvel...
    As one of the andrew interviews, they fired him int he same week they got Tom holland

This comes down to peresonal preference. I think Andrew was the better Spider-Man, Tobey was tthe better Peter Parker, and Tom Holland is great at both.
    Andre became a great at both in the last movie, the last one he ws average at best.

No, A Super Hero Origin Story is .
    You keep going on about this right?

Believe what you want, im not trying to convince you. Lets say im being DC here.
    If you aren't trying to convince anyone...why are you still talking about it?

As one of the andrew interviews, they fired him int he same week they got Tom holland
    With respect to Andrew Garfield...he's only presenting his take on the situation.

https://screenrant.com/marvel-studio...sony-mcu-deal/

So why was The Amazing Spider-Man 3 canceled, really? Garfield was set to appear at a big Sony gala event in Rio de Janeiro to celebrate the end of the World Cup in summer 2014. Garfield was supposed to speak alongside then-Sony CEO Kaz Hirai at the event, in which the two men would announce The Amazing Spider-Man 3 for a 2016 release. Unfortunately, Garfield arrived in Brazil late, wasn't feeling great according to his reps, and decided to back out of the event mere hours before the big announcement. This caused Hirai's presentation to be drastically altered, and the Spider-Man announcement part to be canceled. Needless to say, many executives within Sony were quite upset with Garfield's last-minute no-show, including Hirai himself, who felt personally slighted.

As much as most might be inclined to sympathize with Garfield not wanting to appear in front of a large crowd while not feeling well, in a more realistic sense, leaving one's boss hanging out to dry at the last minute is never likely to result in a positive outcome for an employee, movie star or not. With the decision made to cancel The Amazing Spider-Man 3 and fire Garfield from the Spider-Man role, Sony went into Spider-Man negotiations with Marvel for a possible introduction of the character into the MCU. This had been tried before but wasn't successful. The talks resulted in an agreement this time, leading to Tom Holland's Spider-Man debuting in Captain America: Civil War, ironically right around the originally planned 2016 release date of The Amazing Spider-Man 3.
    TLDR: TASM 3 Scrapped, Garfield Fired, Sony approaches Marvel to start negotiations. Order of Operations matters. Marvel couldn't tell Sony to fire Garfield and bring Spider-Man into the MCU. The only control they had was regarding how Spider-Man would be introduced into the MCU once the deal was made.

Andre became a great at both in the last movie, the last one he ws average at best.
    How was Andrew "great at both" in the last movie and still "average at best" in the last one? Do you mean he was "great at both" in NWH but average in TASM 2? Do you mean he was great in TASM 2 but average in TASM 1?

Be specific. Use your words.

You keep going on about this right?
    Well it seems you're still befuddled by what the term "Origin Story" actually means? Because you continue to use the term incorrectly despite me "going on about this".

I'll stop when you either start using the term correctly or stop using it entirely. Dealer's choice.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-12-19 at 11:34 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    If you aren't trying to convince anyone...why are you still talking about it?
    Because you are talking about, even when you said otherwise:

"Let's end it here rather than repeating oursselves".
    ...so let's move on.
    With respect to Andrew Garfield...he's only presenting his take on the situation.
    ah yeah, it even funnier that what i remember, they got pissed about him, and got someone newin the same week. So he could be the guy from MCU. Same didn't happen with cavil.

Although, there is rumors flying around about how Gum does not like Cavil.

How was Andrew "great at both" in the last movie and still "average at best" in the last one?
    in his last ones TASM 1/2

I'll stop when you either start using the term correctly or stop using it entirely. Dealer's choice.

Because you are talking about, even when you said otherwise:
    "Let's end it here rather than repeating oursselves".
    ...so let's move on.
    I said that in regards to you continuing to misuse the term "origin story". You could stop it by actually learning what the term means and using it correctly... but I've seen the rest of your post and I know that's not something you are willing to do.

What we are discussing here is a different subject.

Also, you are under no obligation to reply to me. If you don't want to convince me of anything...you can just stop replying.

ah yeah, it even funnier that what i remember, they got pissed about him, and got someone newin the same week. So he could be the guy from MCU.
    They announced their plan for Spider-Man to join the MCU in February, they didn't announce Tom Holland until June of the same year. So, hardly "the same week".

Although, there is rumors flying around about how Gum does not like Cavil.
    Rumours don't mean shit. Neither Cavill nor Gunn have said anything negative about each other publicly and they both say they look forward to working together on future projects. You wanna take rumours started by butthurt Snyder fanboys to heart...that's your prerogative.

Then I will continue to correct you. But remember, you can end this at any time.

7+ Year Old Account
    I said that in regards to you continuing to misuse the term "origin story". You could stop it by actually learning what the term means and using it correctly... but I've seen the rest of your post and I know that's not something you are willing to do.
    An origin story of super without him being in the farm as a kid, yeah we get that.
    They announced their plan for Spider-Man to join the MCU in February, they didn't announce Tom Holland until June of the same year. So, hardly "the same week".
    They already have those thing wrap up before being annouced, right?
    Rumours don't mean shit. Neither Cavill nor Gunn have said anything negative about each other publicly and they both say they look forward to working together on future projects. You wanna take rumours started by butthurt Snyder fanboys to heart...that's your prerogative.
    Im not talking to heart buddy, just commented on a rumor, you take the info like you want.

Then I will continue to correct you. But remember, you can end this at any time.
    Always going for the last reply right? the silent win? you can have it, i know you are going to reply to this one.

The over/under on you winning this battle of wills isn’t good. I’ll give you 3 more pages, 5 tops. You can’t keep up with the drivel!

An origin story of super without him being in the farm as a kid, yeah we get that.
    Nnot an origin story if it doesn't have the...wait for it... ORIGIN.

They already have those thing wrap up before being annouced, right?

If it wasn't announced until June...then how can you know it was confirmed the same week Garfield was fired inn February?

Always going for the last reply right? the silent win? you can have it, i know you are going to reply to this one.
    I love it when people online try to tell other people what their motivations are... because it always reveals their own.

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    arent they recasting momoa as lobo?
    Thats not official by any means.

You need Momoa to accept a step down in pay/roll when hes busy doing dune.

You need Momoa to accept a step down in pay/roll when hes busy doing dune.
    Is he busy doing Dune? Didn't Duncan die in the first one? He doesn't come back until quite a bit later, I'd be very surprised if he's in the next one. He doesn't seem to be on the cast list, either.

They MAY do a third one and he could be back for that, but the second one won't be out for a year at least, so that's quite a bit of time yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Is he busy doing Dune? Didn't Duncan die in the first one? He doesn't come back until quite a bit later, I'd be very surprised if he's in the next one. He doesn't seem to be on the cast list, either.

They MAY do a third one and he could be back for that, but the second one won't be out for a year at least, so that's quite a bit of time yet.
    you're only highlighting your ignorance into the importance of duncan idaho in the story of dune

you're only highlighting your ignorance into the importance of duncan idaho in the story of dune
    If only you knew how funny that statement is

Are you saying he IS in the second film? Why is he not on the cast list, then, like everyone else is?

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    If only you knew how funny that statement is

Are you saying he IS in the second film? Why is he not on the cast list, then, like everyone else is?
    The 2nd film will clearly be timothee chalamet being a dream boat with zendaya in the sand and rebecca Ferguson being in the film to link it back to the sisters but yeah. If the 2nd film isn't just a trap to get the zendaya z generation into seats then yeah momoa/Duncan will have a bigger role

The 2nd film will clearly be timothee chalamet being a dream boat with zendaya in the sand and rebecca Ferguson being in the film to link it back to the sisters but yeah. If the 2nd film isn't just a trap to get the zendaya z generation into seats then yeah momoa/Duncan will have a bigger role
    I'm not sure if you're trolling, or just high.

There's no need to speculate. Filming on the second film has already wrapped. We KNOW the cast. We know what's happening. We know Momoa is NOT on the cast list.

5+ Year Old Account
    Re-booting DC seems like a good idea, I liked TheBatman movie, but I sigh with all these different actors are all going to play batman as well, affleck rumour in aquaman 2? Isn't michael keaton doing batman again? Like, ffs, make up your damn minds.. I was hoping after 1st aquaman we would move away from snyderfailverse...get consistency n good decent movies..

While Cavill was a good superman, i guess, he is 'too old' to become part of something that will last a long time, over many movies, his n cameo's etc.
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-12-20 at 05:48 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Re-booting DC seems like a good idea, I liked TheBatman movie, but I sigh with all these different actors are all going to play batman as well, affleck rumour in aquaman 2? Isn't michael keaton doing batman again? Like, ffs, make up your damn minds.. I was hoping after 1st aquaman we would move away from snyderfailverse...get consistency n good decent movies..

While Cavill was a good superman, i guess, he is 'too old' to become part of something that will last a long time, over many movies, his n cameo's etc.
    If there has been one thing about the DCEU that has been comic accurate, it's their mess of continuity. They should have ended the Snyderverse with a Crisis event, just like the comics.