Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    They really need to stop remastering rather new games and make new ones instead -.-

BioShock is 9 years old and BioShock 2 is 6 years old. That these games don't look like Wolfenstein 3D doesn't mean they're not old.

I would also suggest that the release of the collection is probably to make sure next-gen generations have all taken part in the trilogy. I'd expect that they're planning to release a new Bioshock game in the next year or two. It's become fairly standard practice now to re-release existing games as remastered compilations for consoles in particular, to ensure that current or new gamers are up to date on a series, prior to a new release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    They really need to stop remastering rather new games and make new ones instead -.-
    Many times theses remasters aren't made by the main team, if they're worked on by the original developer at all. Plus, Ken Levine doesn't even work at Irrational anymore, so don't worry. None of this is getting in the way of a new game. Although I think Bioshock is probably over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Although I think Bioshock is probably over.
    Ryzen 9 5900X/Trident Z Neo 32GB 3600 CL16/AORUS 1080 Ti Xtreme/Crosshair VIII Hero Wi-Fi/Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240/Optane 900p 3D XPoint/EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2/Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL/Steelcase Leap/BenQ XL2411Z/Philips Fidelio X2HR/Noppoo Choc Mini (RIP Reckful)/Razer Viper Ultimate/QcK Heavy

getting remasters for free on steam makes me a very happy panda because I was seriously considering getting the collection, and now - i don't have to!

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    Well BS2 is almost unanimously considered to be the worst of the three. So the only direction to go is up.
    By who, exactly? Just about everyone I know thought Infinite was infinitely (see what I did there?) worse than 1 and 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sibut View Post
    By who, exactly? Just about everyone I know thought Infinite was infinitely (see what I did there?) worse than 1 and 2.
    And "just about everyone I know" would disagree with you as well. I am pretty confident that the consensus was 1 > Infinite > 2. At the very least, is the conclusion I came to (although I enjoyed all three very much)...

I'm considering getting the collection for Ps4 (Even tho I own the PC versions).

Bioshock 1 looks amazing I must say from what I have seen. I beat 2 and never beat 1 or infinite.

I loved 2 so come at me

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinzai View Post
    I would also suggest that the release of the collection is probably to make sure next-gen generations have all taken part in the trilogy. I'd expect that they're planning to release a new Bioshock game in the next year or two. It's become fairly standard practice now to re-release existing games as remastered compilations for consoles in particular, to ensure that current or new gamers are up to date on a series, prior to a new release.
    Unless its under a new dev team then there is no 4th in the works. The team was downsized to like 15 people and I do believe they are making mobile games.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I'm considering getting the collection for Ps4 (Even tho I own the PC versions).

Bioshock 1 looks amazing I must say from what I have seen. I beat 2 and never beat 1 or infinite.

I loved 2 so come at me
    Most people who say 2 was the worst of the 3 games don't think 2 was a bad game. Just, in comparison, 1 and infinite were better.

Play all 3, you won't regret it.

Apparently I bought the Bioshock Infinite season pass, and never played any of it. And it's been so long since I've played 1 and 2, time to go back and play all of the Bioshock series.

If you have the games on Steam, you are supposed to get the remastered versions for free tomorrow, right?
    These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    If you have the games on Steam, you are supposed to get the remastered versions for free tomorrow, right?
    Yes each version you own you get the remastered version.

Story Timeline wise what would be the order? Or is it best to play them in release order.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Bioshock is hands down my favorite video game series. I'm excited to get to see Rapture remastered when I do a new series play through.

Story Timeline wise what would be the order? Or is it best to play them in release order.
    Play them in release order. I think you get the most out of Infinite by having played 1 and 2 beforehand.

10+ Year Old Account

Awesome thanks. Starting tomorrow I will be replaying them all.

Best to just play them in release order IMO. The stories between the games are pretty much unrelated, so for the most part you could play it in any order. The only thing you miss out on is small references to previous games that you might not understand without playing the previous titles.

Move along.

Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    And "just about everyone I know" would disagree with you as well. I am pretty confident that the consensus was 1 > Infinite > 2. At the very least, is the conclusion I came to (although I enjoyed all three very much)...
    Infinite is maybe average, shouldn't even be considered a Bioshock game. What an awful ending.

Thanks for the tips guys ill play them in release order.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    Infinite is maybe average, shouldn't even be considered a Bioshock game. What an awful ending.
    It's definitely different, but I don't see why it wouldn't be considered a Bioshock game. I personally loved the setting of Infinite.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    I personally loved the setting of Infinite.
    I legitimately spent the first few hours in awe, just running around, exploring the city. The game certainly has its faults, but I really enjoyed it.

None of the Bioshock games are bad, it's just that most people I know rate them as 1 > Infinite > 2. Doesn't mean 2 is bad, just that it was the worst of the three.

ok, so downloaded remastered 1 and 2, fired up one. it was pretty before, but boy does it look gorgeous now... all the textures are crisper, its quite lovely so happy that I'll get to play it in a remastered condition, without having to pay extra for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    None of the Bioshock games are bad, it's just that most people I know rate them as 1 > Infinite > 2. Doesn't mean 2 is bad, just that it was the worst of the three.
    2 is a great game, it's just not connected to the other 2 games lore wise at all basically outside of being in rapture and Levine retconned what little connection there was in burial at sea. It's a great game, I just consider it more of a fan fiction story wise then the other 2 as it was done by a completely different dev team and writer.